Herbal Remedies for Anxiety
Anxiety refers to an emotional disorder followed by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and it includes physical changes like increase in blood pressure. This problem can further give rise to depression.
Types of Anxiety
- Generalized anxiety disorder: This type of anxiety is long lasting in which a person worries about non specific life events, objects and situations.
- Panic disorders: These are the brief and sudden panic attacks which can lead to characteristics such as shaking, confusion, dizziness, nausea and breathing difficulties. These are a result of some frightening experiences
- Phobia: Phobia arises out of anxiety and is different from other anxiety disorders. In this the fear may be unnecessary but the person is unable to control anxiety.
- Social anxiety disorder: In this a person fears from opening up in from of other people or society due to the fact that he will be negatively judged by the people. As a result people avoid public situations and human contact to the point that everyday living is rendered extremely difficult.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: In this type of disorder, people are obsessed with cleanliness; keep on checking the locks or light switches.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: This type of anxiety is due to flashbacks of any trauma, sexual assault or a serious accident. In this people may often change their behavior to avoid the triggers.
- Separation anxiety disorder: This is due to feeling of separation from a person or place that leads to anxiety.
Symptoms of Anxiety
- Improper sleep
- Muscle tension
- Chronic indigestion
- Stage fear
- Self consciousness
- Compulsive behavior
Prevention of Anxiety
- Regular sleep pattern can help reduce anxiety.
- Intake of coffee or tea, or chocolate
- Alcohol and cannabis should be avoided
- Maintaining healthy diet.
So, these are some of the tips that can help in prevention of anxiety. Yoga or meditation should be included in daily routine so as to keep the mind stress free.
Herbal Remedies for Anxiety by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers amazing herbal remedies like Pitta Balance, Stress Support and Brahmi Capsules for ayurvedic and natural treatment of anxiety. These herbal remedies are formulated in the guidance of Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurveda). These herbal remedies are free from chemicals and do not have any side effects. These can be used by anyone suffering from the problem of anxiety.
This is an herbal remedy that is formulated to balance the pita dosha. This herbal remedy also helps to control the emotions such as anger, aggression and negative emotions. This will provide strength to the body and help to fight weakness that arises due to dehydration. This herbal remedy is formulated with a blend of many herbs such as praval pishti, akik pishti, jahar mohra pishti, kamdudha ras, mukta pishti, giloy satva. These are some of the major herbs used in the formulation that have many properties that reduce burning sensation in the heart and helps to get relief from any kind of pain and keeps the balance between physical and mental health so as to get rid of anxiety.
Dose: 1 capsule once or twice daily with plain water after meals.
Stress Support Capsules are formulated by four amazing herbs namely ashwagandha, tagar, brahmi and jatamansi. These herb have anti- depressant properties that helps to get rid of anxiety and other symptoms such as dizziness, tremors, muscle tension, heart palpitations, sleeping problems, cold and sweaty hands or feet and muscle retention. These all problems can occur due to depression and anxiety. This herbal remedy relaxes the muscles and brain tissues and prevents anxiety and depression and also provides relief from headache which may occur due to anxiety.
Dose: 2 capsules for adults 1 for children daily with plain water after meals.
Brahmi Capsules are formulated using brahmi plant. Whole of the plant is used in the formulation of this particular herbal remedy. Brahmi is widely known from its properties that are useful and effective for brain and liver. This plant protects the neurons in brain impairment. This herb is also useful in treating many types of allergies. This herbal remedy also provides strength to immune system and helps to fight with various diseases. This provides relaxation to the brain and the tissues and helps to get rid of stress and anxiety.
Dose: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
So these are the herbal remedies formulated using natural herbs and herb extracts. These herbal remedies consist of various herbs that are used in treatment of the problems like anxiety and depression.
Apart from these medicines, it is suggested to adopt a healthy life style and include activities such as yoga, meditation, exercises with proper intake of diet and to get rid of sedentary life style because this is the main reason of many problems. Intake of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruit is recommended for better immune system and to fight against the symptoms.