What is Cervical Spondylosis
It is a common age related condition that affects the joints and disc in the neck. It is also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis. This condition tends to start sometime after the age of about 30 years. It develops due to the wear and tear of cartilage and bones found in the cervical spine, which is in the neck. The bones and protective cartilage are prone to wear and tear that can lead to cervical spondylosis. Few people never experience this disorder, but in some cases it becomes chronic, the person suffers from stiffness and severe pain. People with low bone density and less calcium diet are prone to this disease.
What can be the Causes of the Cervical Spondylosis?
- Bone spur: The body try to grow the extra bones to make the spine stronger. However, the extra bones press the delicate areas of the spine, such as spinal cord and nerves resulting in pain.
- Dehydrated Spinal Discs: Normally, the spine cords have discs between them. These are thick, pad like cushions that absorb the shock of lifting, twisting and other activities. The gel like material inside it gets dry out over time. This cause bones to rub together more, which can be painful.
- Herniated Discs: The spinal discs develop cracks due to which there is a leakage of the gel like material. The material can press over the spinal cord and nerves, which leads to arm numbness and sciatica.
- Injury: If there is an injury such as car accident or fall, then this can accelerate the aging process.
- Ligament stiffness: The tough cords that connect the spinal bones to each other can become stiffer over time, which ultimately affects the neck movements.
- Overuse: In some occupations or hobbies involve repetitive movements or heavy lifting or construction work. This can put pressure on the spine, resulting in early wear and tear.
What can be the Risk Factor for the Cervical Spondylosis?
- Neck injuries.
- Repetitive stress
- Genetic factor
- Overweight and inactive
What can be the Symptoms of the Cervical Spondylosis?
Most common symptom is pain around the shoulder blade. Patient will complain of pain along the arm and in the fingers.
The pain might be increase while:
- Tilting your neck backward
What can be the Signs of the Cervical Spondylosis?
- Stiffness in neck
- Headache that mostly occur in the back of the head
- Numbness mainly affect the shoulders and arms, although it can occur in the legs.
How to Diagnose the Cervical Spondylosis?
It involves testing for movement and determining the affected nerves, bones and muscles.
Doctor will analyse the problem by asking several examinations regarding symptoms.
Typical exams include:
- Test reflexes
- Check muscle weakness
- Range of motion of the neck
- X-Ray: It is used to check any abnormalities or bone spur.
- CT scan: This scan helps to find out more detailed images of the neck.
- MRI: It helps to locate the pinched nerves.
- EMG: It helps to measure the nerve's electrical activity.
- A nerve conduction study: It is used to check the speed and strength of the signals nerves send.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing science that utilize herbs for the treatment of the disease for centuries. The principal of healing the cervical spondylosis is to manage the Pain, which is due to the vitiated Vata dosha in the body. There can be so many reasons for the vitiation of the vata dosha but one main cause is constipation. It leads to increase the vata dosha and formation of gas, which indirectly increase the pain in the neck.
Stress is the aggravating factor in cervical spondilyosis. Due to the stress, bone density decreases which will lead to pain and stiffness in the neck.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis
Ayurveda is the science which helps to treat the disease with herbs and proper diet. These herbs are very effective if they are taken in a proper manner. Anything in excess or less quantity will harm the body system. So, it is very important to take herbal medicines as prescribed by the ayurvedic doctors. According to the Ayurveda, along with herbal remedies, one should follow the proper diet and healthy lifestyle.
Herbal Remedies for Cervical Spondylosis
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Cervical Spondylosis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of cervical spondylosis. We provides 100 percent pure and herbal products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Yograj Guggul : 2 tablets two times a day with warm water, after meals.
- Hakam Churna : 1/2 tsp. two times a day with warm water, before meals.
- Joint Aid Plus : 2 capsules two times a day with warm water, after meals.
- Boswellia Curcumin : 1 capsule two times a day with warm water, after meals.
- Orthovita Oil : Apply warm oil locally and apply it before meals.
- Triphala Guggul : 1 tablet two times a day with warm water, after meals.
1. Yograj Guggul
It is a classical formulation, which is traditionally used in Ayurveda for painful Joints and muscles, Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis. It helps to maintain healthy metabolism and remove toxins from the system. It rejuvenates and strengthens the skeletal and neuromuscular system. It is very effective for pain and inflammation. Although, it has almost all the properties but it also checks the irritation of the vatic nerves. It is also very effective for gastric problems also, which helps to balance the vata dosha in the body. This herbal preparation is the combination of the various ayurvedic herbs like Guggul resin (Commiphora mukul), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Pippali (Piper longum), Ajwain (Carum couticum), Vidang (Embelia ribes), Kulanjan (Alpinia galangal), Heart wood (Cedrus Deodara), Chavya (Piper chaba), Puskaramula (Inula racemosa) etc.
2. Hakam Churna
Hakam churna has ability to retrieve the normal digestion thereby putting a stop to Vata disturbance. It is very effective in painful joints, stiff joints, backache. Ayurveda Experts call this combination "Tridosha Rasayan". According to Ancient Ayurveda, the indigestion and formation of the gas is the main cause of the vitiation of the vata which then localize in the joints and produce pain. This herbal prepration helps to balance all the three doshas. It also helps to balance the kapha dosha, ultimately helps to decrease the body weight. Its hot nature means balancing Pitta, which works on the digestive fire of the body and getting into balance. This herbal combination consist of the chandershoor (Lepidium sativum), Kalonji (Nigella sativa), Methi (Trigonella foenum graecum) and Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi).
3. Joint Aid Plus
It is a unique combination of the various herbs. These capsules work quickly and excellent alternative to pain killers without any side effects. These are very effective in reducing inflammation and pain. These capsules help to regain the lost strength of the joints. The degeneration in joints steadily control by these capsules. This herbal capsules consist of the ingredients are Nirgundi (Vitex nirgundo), Sallaki (Bosewllia serrate), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Sonth (Zingiber officanlis) and Ashwagandha (withania somnifera).
4. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia Curcumin is one of the most efficient combinations of herbs that have anti-inflammatory properties which makes this remedy a remarkable supplement for joint pains. The anti-inflammatory properties are permanent hence the results are long lasting. This magnificent remedy gives relief almost instantly and reduces the pain and swelling within the joints.
5. Orthovita Oil
The main ingredients contained in orthovita oil are Shul Gajendra oil, Gandhapura oil, Turpentine oil, Saindhavadi Taila, Prasarini oil, and Camphor. This oil benefits the individuals in whom vata dosha is increased. The oil has a calming effect on nerves, apart from this it also provides lubrication to joints and also increases proper functioning of the joint.
6. Triphala Guggul
The chief ingredients of this classical polyherbal formulation are haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), and Guggul (Commiphora mukul). It helps to improve the quality and quantity of stool. Guggul has vaat pacifying properties and reduce the pain and swelling. It is widely used to manage conditions like Fistula and other anorectal problems as it promote the easy defecation. It also enhance the digestion and drain out the channels. It is also helpful to cure the inflammatory painful conditions.
To buy Cervical Spondylosis Care Pack, please visit https://store.planetayurveda.com/products/cervical-spondylosis-care-pack
Home Remedies for Cervical Spondylosis
- One can use the heating pad or cold pack on the neck to relieve the pain.
- One can do exercise regularly.
- One can cause collar around the neck to get temporary relieve.