Ayurvedic Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Our day to day life depends on how we move around and do our daily stuff. What if our hands start tremor and legs become tight and rigid, makes difficult to move or effects the normal activity of day to day? Assume how the sufferer feels? So helpless. Parkinsonism is a neurological disorder affecting 1% population after the age of 65 years. But do you know, Ayurveda identify this disease before so many years ago i.e. 5000 B.C.
According to Ayurveda, Parkinsonism or Parkinson disease is known as "kampavata". Kampa means tremor and Vata is one of the humor which regulate air and all the movements in the body. The principle of the Ayurveda is to achieve balance of all three humors in the body. This disorder is caused by the aggravated Vata Dosha, which is the presence of aggravated air in the brain. The aggravated air is formed as a result of pure digestion, increased vata dosha in the stomach and then it moves to the brain. Over the time, the aggravated air effects the area of the brain that control involuntary movements hence it leads to Parkinsonism. Ayurveda provides its treatment so many years ago, before switching on the treatment.
Let's have a look for Rupa and lakshana (Sign and symptoms) of the disorder according to Ayurveda:
- Akinesia: Loss or impairment of the voluntary movement.
- Drooling: Drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth.
- Tremor: An involuntary quivering movement.
- Constant somnolence: Sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Dementia: a chronic or mental disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury marked by memory disorders, personality disorders and impaired reasoning.
- The voice becomes monotone and expressionless and mask face, sometime mistakenly taken as a depression.
- Festinating Gait.
- Rigidity: Stiffness or inflexibility
- Reduced blinking
Modern Point of View
According to Modern science, Parkinsonism is a disorder which is named after the Doctor James Parkinson who wrote an article on this disorder first time. It is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system mainly affecting the motor system and then behavioral system.
Parkinsonism divides into the four subtypes:
1. Idiopathic or Primary: Primary Parkinsonism disorder in which there is no external identifiable cause. The primary symptoms of the Parkinson disease are related to the voluntary and involuntary motor function and start on the one side of the body. The symptoms are mainly in Primary Parkinsonism are as follows:
- Postural instability
2. Acquired or Secondary: There is a progressive loss of muscle control and damage to the brain. Some of the symptoms are follows:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Confusion and dementia
- Excessive sweating
- Urinary incontinence
3. Hereditary Parkinsonism: Hereditary Parkinsonism is the disorder in the family that increase the possibility.
4. Parkinson plus Syndrome: Parkinson plus syndrome, also known as disorder of multiple system degeneration, is a group of neurodegenerative disease features of Parkinson disease.
What questions doctor can asks from the Patient?
- When did you first experience the symptoms?
- Do you have symptoms all the time or often?
- Does anything which worse your symptoms?
- Does anything which aggravates the symptoms?
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
According to modern science, there are medicines for the Parkinsonism. They will produce side effects also. On the other hand, Ayurveda provides excellent herbal remedies for Parkinsonism without any side effects. Ayurveda is the mother of all medical sciences. Planet Ayurveda is one of the best herbal company which provides herbal remedies for all the health ailments.
Herbal Remedies for Parkinson's Disease by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Parkinsonism Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of parkinson's disease. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Brahma Rasayana - 1-2 teaspoonful with milk after breakfast.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Brahmi Chyawanprash - 2-3 teaspoonful, twice to thrice daily after meals, preferably with milk.
- Zandopa Granules - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily after meals.
1. Brahma Rasayana
This Rasayana consist of Amla, Pippali, Guduchi, shatavari etc. All these herbs are very effective for nervous system. It acts as anti-oxidant and also reduce degenerative cells. It helps to improve the memory and strength the body.
2. Ashwagandha Capsules
These herbal capsules are the pure extract of the Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). It refers as an "Ayurvedic ginseng". Ashwagandha is the best herb for balancing the vata dosha in the body. These capsules have Adaptogenic property that counteract the effects of stress and promote generally wellness. Ashwagandha capsules help to strengthen the nerves and improves sleep also. It helps to remove the nerves exhaustion and loss of memory.
3. Brahmi Chawyanprash
Brahmi Chawyanprash is also called as Rasayan Jam. It is made up of the Amla (Indian Gooseberry) and 48 other life enhancing herbs. Brahmi is a nervic tonic. This product is one of the cell rejuvenator and boost the immune system. It also helps to relieve anxiety, stress and insomnia. It especially made to meet the body and mind requirements.
4. Zandopa Powder
This powder extract is made from a plant "Mucuna purines" which contains a natural source of Levadopa. It improves the rigidity and tremors. This powder also helps to improve the psychic behavior also.
To buy Parkinsonism Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/parkinsonism-care-pack.html.
Why Planet Ayurveda?
Planet Ayurveda offers the herbal products which are 100% pure without addition of the artificial fillers, colors and chemicals. The products are formulated under the guidance of the MD Ayurvedic doctors. The herbal products are safe to use without any side effects.
- One should take lot of fluid and fibers (fruits with peel, vegetables, legumes, whole grain bread and cereals) to avoid constipation.
- One should avoid coffee, tea, hot liquids and alcohol as these all encourage the dehydration and low blood pressure.
- One should have diet rich in are beta carotene (for e.g. Asparagus, Apricot, pumpkin), vitamin C (for e.g. berries, broccoli, grapefruit) and Vitamin E (for e.g. avocado, nuts and sunflower oil).
- One should have food low in cholesterol and saturated fat.
- One should try to avoid white sugar, white rice. Instead of white sugar and rice, one can take brown sugar and brown rice.