AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF MIGRAINE
Due to the increase in population, competition level increase in every field of life whether it is student life, personal life or working life. Due to this stress level increases day by day and there are also environmental changes, which ultimately give rise to different types of diseases. Migraine is one of the disease which is very common these days. Globally, 15% of population suffering from the migraine. Most of the people are not aware of the Migraine, they might think that they are suffering from the simple headache and do not take medicine or visit to the doctor for consultation moreover, due to which they suffer a lot!!!
We are talking about the Ayurveda here especially, as we all know it is ancient science which based on the idea of balancing the three energies in the body system, proper diet, herbal medicine and yogic breathing. Medication can help to reduce the frequency and severity of the migraine. In Ayurveda this condition, is known as "Sooryavarta". Soorya means "Sun" and avarta means "blockage". The headache gets worsened on sunrise, peaks during noon hours and reduces after evening.
ACCORDING TO THE AYURVEDA THE CAUSES OF THE MIGRAINE (SOORYAVARTA)
- Intake of unhygienic food
- Exposure to sunlight for long time.
- Intake of dry, pungent, salty and spicy food.
- Anger, Jealousy and stress etc.
Due to these causes, Pitta doshas aggravated and obstruct the vata dosha in brain, hence leads to the throbbing pain on the one side of the brain that is Sooryavarta.
Planet Ayurveda provides the herbal remedies for migraine. Before knowing the herbal remedies of the migraine. Let's know the disease in details!!!
ACCORDING TO MODERN MEDICINE
Migraine headache causes a throbbing and pulsing sensation in one area of the head along with nausea, vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. During migraine attack, one finds a quiet and dark place to lie down. In severe cases, it is accompanied by sensory warning symptoms such as flashes of light, blind spots or tingling in the arms or legs.
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE MIGRAINE?
In this there is a changes in the brainstem and its interactions with the trigeminal nerve, it is a major pain pathway. There is also an imbalance in the brain chemicals like serotonin, which causes the pain in the nervous system. Normally, in the migraine the serotonin level decreases and this may leads to trigeminal system to release substance like neuropeptides. This results to severe throbbing or pulsating pain.
Sometimes, we have seen when a person is having pain at the one area of the head, it starts aggravating due to the some factors, that factors are known as trigger factors:
- Hormonal changes in the woman: some women's have migraine attack before and after the periods, due to the decrease in level of the estrogen. Oral contraceptives and hormonal replacement therapy, may also triggers the migraine attacks.
- Foods: Salty, cheesy or processed food can trigger the migraine. Skipping the meal or fast may also trigger migraine.
- Stress: Stress may also one of the trigger factor.
- Drinks: Alcohol and caffeinated beverages are another trigger factor.
- Change in the environment: A change in the weather may also trigger the migraine.
WHO ARE AT THE MORE RISK OF MIGRAINE?
- Family history: If parents have migraine, then there is a more chances of the migraine.
- Sex: before puberty, boys are prone to migraine then girls. But after puberty, girls are more sufferer than boys. Normally, females are three times more sufferer than males.
- Age: Migraine, can be at any age but mostly people get risk at 40 age.
DO YOU EVER THINK, WHAT CAN BE THE COMPLICATIONS OF TAKING ALLOPATHIC MEDICINES IN EXCESS?
- Abdominal Pain: Taking painkillers for long time cause abdominal pain, bleeding, ulcers and may cause other abdominal complications also.
- Medication overuse headaches: Taking the headache medicine for long term will cause the severe complication.
- Serotonin syndrome: Taking anti migraine medicine may increase the level of the serotonin in the nervous system which leads to life threatening syndrome known as a Serotonin syndrome.
It's better to consult the doctor rather than taking the medicines over the counter. Some people are scare to consult the doctor. Let's see how the doctor diagnose the disease:
- Blood test: Blood test is done to find the Infections in the spinal cord or brain and toxins in the system.
- Computerized tomography Scan (CT): It helps to diagnose the tumors, infections, brain damage, bleeding and other complications which can cause the migraine.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): It uses a powerful magnetic field and radio waves to produce images of the brain and blood vessels.
TREATMENT OF MIGRAINE
According to Modern science, taking pain relievers, Triptans and other anti –symptomatic drugs cause severe complication, as we had already discussed. As we all know, Ayurvedic medicines does not cause side effects and safe to use. As, we have seen our ancestors, how often they use herbs or home remedies to treat disease. They lead a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper diet. Let's see what herbal remedy for Migraine Planet Ayurveda provides!!!
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR MIGRAINE BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Migraine Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of migraine. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Medhya Churna - 1/4 spoon once daily with plain water.
- Arogyavardhini Vati - 2 tablets, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Pitta Balance - 1 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Brahmi Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water.
1. ASHWAGANDHA CAPSULES
These capsules are the standardized extract of the Ashwagandha herb (Withania somnifera). These capsules are quite effective for the nervous system. This herbal remedy is a natural rejuvenator. It regarded as a world's number first class Adaptogenic tonic.
2. MEDHYA CHURNA
It is the herbal formulation consist of various herbs Vacha (Acorus calamus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Ajmoda (CArum roxburghianum), Shwet Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum) etc. This formulation is inspired by the classical Ayurvedic formula "Sarawat Churna". It is memory enhancing herbal supplement works wonderfully to improve memory, increasing the concentration also. All the herbs in this formulation helps to sharpen the brain. It is very effective for nervous system.
3. AROGYAVARDHINI VATI
It is an effective herbal remedy form the house of Planet Ayurveda. It consists of the various herbs Haritaki (Terminalis chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalis bellrica), Amlaki (Emblica offianlis), Chitrak mool (Plumbago zeylanica) etc. It helps in the proper digestion and removes the toxins from the body, hence it helps to strengthen the body.
4. PITTA BALANCE
These capsules consist of ingredients Parval Pishti (Coral) compound, Akik Pishti (Agate) compound, jawar mohra pishti, Kamdhudha ras, Mukta Pishti and Giloy satva (Tinospora cordifolia). This herbal remedy balances the pitta dosha of the body, due to which aggravation of this disease occurs. The metabolic functions in the body are all governed by the Pitta Dosha. It provides the cooling effect to the body also.
5. BRAHMI CAPSULES
These are the capsules which are the pure extract of the Brahmi (Bacapoo moniieri) herb. It is the one of the best remedy for the brain. It contains alkaloids like Bacoposides. This herbal remedy balances the all three doshas of the body. It nourishes the neurons and it improves retention ability. It is the complete remedy for mind.
To buy Migraine Care Pack, please visit https://store.planetayurveda.com/products/migraine-care-pack