In present scenario, number of health problems are increasing. People suffer from different health problems like Piles. Many people who suffer from piles feel embarrassed to see their doctor about problem. It has been seen that piles can affect both men and women.
WHAT HAPPENS IN PILES ?
In piles veins around the anus or lower rectum gets inflamed and swollen.
Anal canal is last part of large intestine which is about 4-5 cm long. It is situated between rectum and anus. Lower part of anal canal has opening in the outside known as anus which passes faeces. Its inner lining contains small blood vessels. Swelling may occur inside and around lower rectum and around anal opening.
Piles are also known as hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are masses, cushions of tissue in the anal canal - these are full of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle and elastic fibers.
These arise from several different factors like increased pressure of internal or external veins around the anal canal, improper diet, constipation & hereditary etc.
TYPES OF PILES:-
PILES ARE CLASSIFIED INTO TWO CATEGORIES:-
1. INTERNAL PILES
It is the most common than external hemorrhoids. It occurs above 2-4 cm from the opening of anus. These are generally painless because there are less pain sensing nerves in the rectum.
Internal hemorrhoids are categorized into different grades:-
- Grade 1 or First degree:- These are common. In this, the hemorrhoid tissue bulges into lumen of anal canal and small swelling may occur on the inside lining of anal canal. These cannot be seen or felt from outside.
- Grade 2 or Second degree:- These are larger. It may be partly pushed out from the anus when you go to the toilet but quickly goes back.
- Grade 3 or Third degree:- In this, pile mass hang out when you go to toilet. You may feel one or more as small soft lumps hang from anus. However, you can push them back into anus.
- Grade 4 or Fourth Degree:- Pile mass permanently hangs out from anus which cannot go back to anus. It is quite large.
2. EXTERNAL PILES
It occurs in the lower part of anal canal. It is painful condition because there are lots of nerve fibers which are responsible for pain.
3. INTERNO- EXTERNO (MIXED) PILES
In this condition both internal and external piles occur together.
PILES SYMPTOMS - WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
Symptoms may vary from person to person. In some cases, the person suffering from piles may not realize the symptoms of piles.
Some common signs and symptoms of piles are following:-
- Bleeding on defecation: During or after defecation the bleeding occurs.
- Prolapse of pile mass: It is seen in larger hemorrhoids and it usually occurs at the time of defecation. Generally it is painless.
- Pain and itching in anal region.
- Mucus discharge: Mucus is produced by secretory columnar epithelium.
- Pruritus: Mucus discharge can cause irritation of skin which results in pruritus.
PILES CAUSES - WHAT CAUSES PILES?
The most common causes of Piles are following:-
- Pregnancy: It is the most common cause of piles.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, tissues in the lining of anus become less supportive.
- Sitting posture: People with long hours sitting job are prone to piles.
- Improper Diet: Eating junk foods and diet lacking in fiber contributes to piles.
Piles can be diagnosed on the basis of patient's history and rectal examination.
- History of Patient: It includes family history of piles, bowel movement and appearance of stool.
- Rectal examination: Rectal examination includes two tests:-
- Physical examination - In this, doctor examine patient's rectum with gloved finger.
- Proctoscopy (Anoscopy) - An instrument is used named as proctoscope which is used to examine the lining of rectum.
If piles is left untreated it can leads to serious medical problem and can also be a symptom of bigger problem. The most common problem is "Strangulation" means the blood supply cut down which can cause extreme pain and leads to tissue death (gangrene). Another problem is Anemia that occurs due to chronic blood loss from piles in which if you have no enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to your cells that may results in fatigue and weakness.
In Ayurveda piles are known as "Arsh" and it causes pain like pricking needle. Piles are stratified into dry and bleeding categories. As per Ayurveda anal canal is surrounding by three major veins named as samvarni, visarajni and pravahani. Just after these major veins there is an external opening. These veins swell up and protrude out if there is too much strain inside anal canal. Ayurveda considers it as Digestive disorder.
As per Ayurveda, imbalance of any of three energies (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) results in any health complications. Aggravated pitta dosha causes digestive problems which results in impairment of jathargni (digestive fire) and accumulation of ama (toxins) in digestive gut. These toxins leads to disturbance in digestive gut that causes diarrhea and flatulence which further leads to aggravation of vata dosha.
According to Ayurveda vitiation in any of three doshas may cause piles shows different symptoms which are categorized as:-
- Vata type of piles: Acute pain and constipation is felt. These piles are hard and dark in color.
- Pitta type of piles: These piles are soft and reddish in color. Other symptoms include excessive thirst, fever, diarrhea and bleeding.
- Kapha type of piles: These piles are large, soft and whitish in colors. There are digestive problems also.
TREATMENT OF PILES
The natural evolution of hemorrhoids is benign but hemorrhoids tend to get worse over time and it should be treated as soon as possible. There are number of ways to treat piles including medications and surgical treatment. But Ayurveda gives best treatment for piles. Ayurvedic treatment for piles is having two concerns i.e. firstly increase the impaired digestive fire and then alleviate increased vata (helping in constipation by vatanuloman).
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR PILES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for Ayurvedic treatment of piles (hemorrhoids). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as are free from side effects.
Dosage / Usage
- Vara Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Pile OFF Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Triphala Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Arshkuthar Ras - 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Suran Vatak - 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Nirgundi Oil - For local application on the affected area.
1. VARA CHURNA
Vara churna is commonly known as "triphala" as it is blended with herbs like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) & Amalaki (Emblica officinalism). These herbs contain anti-inflammatory, analgesic, digestive, antiseptic & laxative properties. This churna is beneficial in chronic constipation, gastritis, loss of appetite, indigestion & detoxification of body.
2. PILE OFF
Pile off capsules as the name suggests, it helps to eradicate piles from root cause. These capsules contain herbs like Haridra (Curcuma longa), Trikatu- Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Long pepper (Piper longum), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea), Choti Harad (Terminalia chebula) that are blended with Sajji kshaar (Sodium bicarbonate). The capsules are beneficial in both internal & external piles. Herbs in these capsules give effective results in indigestion, loss of appetite & constipation etc associated with piles.
3. TRIPHALA GUGGUL
Triphala Guggul is a classical ayurvedic preparation prepared using ingredients like Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), guggul (Commiphora guggul) etc. It helps in healing the inflammation and assists in other anorectal issues. This formulation relieves constipation and aids healthy digestion.
4. NIRGUNDI OIL
This herbal oil give effective results in piles by reducing pain, swelling & abscess conditions. Nirgundi oil contains herb like Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Kalihari (Gloriosa superba) & Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) mixed in Tila oil (Sesamum indicum) that shrink & shed off piles mass internally.
5. ARSHKUTHAR RAS
Arshkuthar ras is a classical preparation that is used in the management of piles or haemorrhoids. This preparation is herbo mineral formulation which has ingredients like snuhi ksheera (extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia), danti mool (Baliospermum Montanum), suran churna (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius), Shuddha tankan (Citrus tankan) and many others. As it is a herbo mineral preparation it helps in getting results faster due to presence of minerals and herbs. Moreover, the formulation also has its impact on aruchi, aatop, aadhman as well. The digestive fire is also increased by this formulation. It is the rasaushadhi being mentioned in Ayurvedic texts. In addition, formulation is also helpful in rakta arsh that is bleeding piles as well.
6. SURAN VATAK
Suran vatak is a classical ayurvedic formulation prepared primarily using Surana (Amorphophallus campanulatus). Other ingredients of Suarn vata include Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), vidanga (Emblica ribes), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis) etc. This combination of herbs works well in easing out the inflammation and reducing the symptoms of piles like bleeding and incomplete evacuation.
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/piles-care-pack