Anemia is a common problem of blood which develops when our body lacks enough red blood cells. Hemoglobin is the oxygen carrying protein which is responsible for red color of the blood. In general, Hemoglobin level of 13.5 g/100 ml in men and Hemoglobin level of 12.0 g/100 ml in women is required for healthy functioning of the body.
When a person is considered anemic?
In general, normal value of hemoglobin varies by gender and age. A person is considered anemic if the hemoglobin concentrations are below 8.0 g/dL. Hemoglobin level between 8.0-9.5 g/dL is considered moderate anemia. In case of pregnant women, anemia is considered if hemoglobin concentrations are below 11 g/dL.
Causes of anemia
The causes of Anemia are listed below:
- Immune system problem causes destruction of red blood cells.
- Certain medicines.
- Long term diseases (kidney disease, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, cancer).
- Bone marrow problems.
Symptoms of anemia
Early symptoms of anemia are listed below:
- Feeling tired, weak.
- Feeling grumpy.
- Headaches, problem in concentrating or thinking.
When anemia gets worse, then symptoms include:
- Blue color to the whites of eyes, sore tongue.
- Pale color of skin, Brittle nails.
- Shortness of breath
Types of anemia
There are various types of anemia which are explained below:
1. Iron deficiency anemia
This type of anemia is caused by the deficiency of element iron in the body. Our bone marrow needs the iron to make hemoglobin. This type of anemia often occurs due to blood loss like heavy menstrual bleeding, cancer or an ulcer.
2. Vitamin deficiency anemia
Folate and vitamin B12 are also needed for the formation of healthy red blood cells. Their deficiency leads to vitamin deficiency anemia.
3. Aplastic anemia
It is a very rare and life threatening anemia which occurs by a decrease in the ability of bone marrow to produce red blood cells. Infections, Auto immune diseases and drugs are some of the causes of this type of anemia.
4. Anemia due to chronic diseases
Certain chronic diseases can interfere with the formation of red blood cells and hence can lead to anemia of chronic disease.
5. Hemolytic anemia
Hemolytic anemia occurs due to increased destruction of red blood cells.
6. Sickle cell anemia
This is sometimes, a serious type of anemia which is caused by defective hemoglobin. Defective form of hemoglobin forces the red blood cells to change its shape (sickle shape). These sickle shaped cells die prematurely and causes reduction in the red blood cells.
Other types of anemia
There are some other types of anemia which are rare such as thalassemia.
Diet for person suffering from anemia
Healthy balanced diet is needed for overall health of the body. Foods such as spinach, beetroot, red meat, peanut butter, tomatoes, eggs, pomegranates, soy beans, whole grain bread, nuts, seafood, honey, apple and dates should be included in the diet of anemic person.
Complications of anemia
Severe anemia can lead to a heart attack by causing low oxygen levels in heart.
How can anemia be diagnosed?
Physical examination, blood pressure, blood tests are some of the tests which are used to diagnose anemia.
Planet Ayurveda's Natural supplements for healthy blood
Planet Ayurveda provides 2 Natural supplements (Wheat grass powder and Punarnava mandur) for healthy blood. These supplements of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives preservatives, as well as side effects.
- Increases blood and also acts as blood purifier by removing toxins from body.
- Very easy to digest and enters the blood stream easily.
- Stimulate whole immune system and fights against many health ailments.
- Works wonder in urinary tract infection, respiratory tract infection.
- Helps in loosing and gaining body weight with proper diet plan and life style pattern.
- Lowers blood pressure and protect against other heart disorders also.
- Lowers the blood sugar level in blood.
- Improves sexual health of both men and women and increases vitality and vigor.
- Helps in improving of symptoms of gout, arthritis etc.
Pack size - Each bottle contains 100 g of powder in it.
Dosage - Mix 1 teaspoonful of powder, 2-3 times a day, in plain water or juice, stir well and drink instantly.
- These tablets help to increase blood count, improve blood quality and removes toxins from the body.
- It helps to decrease urea and creatinine, cholesterol and other toxins from the body.
- It helps to relieve renal failure, liver failure and fluid accumulation in the body tissues.
- It can relieve puffy eyes, anemia, fatty liver and glaucoma.
- They are natural diuretic tablets.
- It helps to increase the blood platelet count, red blood cell count and even swelling around the joints.
Pack size - Each bottle contains 120 tablets in it.
Dosage - 2 tablets twice or thrice daily, with plain water, after meals.