Andrographis paniculata, Kalmegh, Green chiretta - Uses, Benefits & Dosage
- Botanical name: Andrographis paniculata
- Common name: Andrographis, Kalmegh, King of Bitters
Andrographis is a shrub found throughout India and other Asian countries. This is a well-known drug Kalmegh 'green chiretta', and forms a principal ingredient of a household medicine, used as a bitter tonic. Andrographis was used in history for the Indian flu epidemic in 1919, during which it was known for reversing the spread of the disease. Now andrographis is known all over for its ability to treat cold. Andrographis has also been used for many centuries to treat upper respiratory tract infections, fever, sore throat, and a variety of other chronic and infectious diseases. Andrographis has proven helpful in combination with antibiotics for people with dysentery, a severe form of diarrhea.
Herb leaves and roots are used within the different traditional applications.
Uses of Andrographis
- Natural and Alternative Remedies for Liver,
- Fatty Liver care,
- Herbs for Liver,
- Liver Cleanse,
- Liver Detox
Benefits of Andrographis
- Andrographis has an anti-infective
- Analgesic activity
- Anti inflammatory
- For the prophylactic and symptomatic treatment of upper respiratory tract infections
- Common cold
- Uncomplicated sinusitis
- Colic pain
- Extracts of andrographis stimulate antibody production and also enhanced nonspecific immune responses such as macrophage phagocytosis.
- Sore throat
- Various other infectious and chronic disease
- Effective painkiller
- Prevents the blood clot formations (Anti-thrombotic)
- Lower the blood sugar
- Stops diarrhea
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Reduces the incidence of ulcers
- Protects the liver against the toxic substance
- Anti tumor properties
- Implicated in the treatment of cancer
- Abortifacient (can abort pregnancy)
- Anti-inflammatory (reduces the swelling and cuts down the exudation from the capillaries)
- Counteracts periodic or intermittent diseases as malaria
- Cardio protective
- Cleanses and purifies the system
- Promotes digestion
- Protects liver and gall bladder
- Vermicide (kills the intestinal worms)
Various other benefits of Andrographis
- Effects on the nervous system:Many compounds do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier. However, andrographolide a chemical constituent of andrographis does so and concentrates in the brain and particularly in the spinal cord.
- Effects on the respiratory system: Andrographis is used to treat tonsillitis, respiratory infections, and tuberculosis.
- Effect on other diseases: Leptospirosis is a disease caused by the bacterium Leptospira interrogens. Infection with this organism results in fever, hemorrhagic (blood-containing) lesions, central nervous system dysfunction, and jaundice. The efficacy of andrographis in patients treated with its chemical constituents is very much convincing for its manifested activity.
- Chorioepithelioma is a highly malignant tumor derived from the placenta. It is surrounded by "lakes" of blood. Hemorrhagic metastases develop relatively early in the course of the illness, and are frequently found in the lungs, liver, brain, vagina, and various other pelvic organs; one where a hydatidiform mole is present. The malignant cells that form the placenta. Andrographis was found to have a unique effect on these conditions.
- For colds and flu: A traditional Asian medicine used as an immune system booster, Andrographis paniculata is having significant activity in fighting common cold, flu, and upper respiratory infections.
- Anti-inflammatory : Andrographis paniculata contains anti-inflammatory properties. Andrographolide, an active component of andrographis paniculata, inhibits inflammatory.
- Anti-tumor: Andrographis paniculata has anti-carcinogenicity properties.
- In Diabetes: The extracts of andrographis possesses anti diabetic property. Its anti diabetic effect may be attributed at least in part to increased glucose metabolism.
- On the Immune system: Andrographis has an anti-microbial activity and have a positive effect on the immune system. Andrographis has demonstrated significant activity in fighting common cold, flu, and upper respiratory tract infections.
- As an Anti-oxidant and liver protector:Andrographis has also indicated antioxidant and hepatoprotective actions.
Andrographis Effects on Cancer
Andrographis is a potent stimulator of immune response through two mechanisms:-
- Antigen-specific response, that is antibodies are made to counteract an invading microorganism,
- Nonspecific immune response, where the body's macrophage cells scavenge and destroy intruders. These mechanisms make Andrographis effective against a variety of infectious and cancer-causing agents.
Where to buy Kalmegh Powder?
To buy Kalmegh Powder, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/kalmegh-powder.html.
Andrograaphis its uses in natural medicine
Andrographis makes one of the best Liver Detox Products, as it is one of the best herb for Liver. Andrographis was used as a natural Liver cleanse in ancient times. It makes one of the excellent Fatty Liver Remedies, without any side effects. There are not any good herbs other than Andrographis as Fatty Liver Cure, or best Natural and alternative Cure for Fatty Liver
Herbal Product containing Andrographis paniculata
Planet Ayurveda has developed many Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver, Cirrhosis of Liver, Liver Detox. We have developed natural and alternative remedies for Liver Problems such as Yakrit Plihantak Churna. We are one of the few companies who are providing best natural remedies for liver problems, Cirrhosis of Liver.
Yakrit Plihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna (Yakrit means liver and Pliha means Spleen) is a herbal mixture of rare herbs to improve liver function. It helps the liver in clearing away the toxins. It regenerates the liver cells and prevents liver failure. It is useful in liver cirrhosis, jaundice, liver damage due to alcohol, toxins and infection. The herb Katuki increases the bile production and excretion, whereas Makoye, Bhringraj and Kalmegh improve liver function. Punarnava and Bhumi amla regenerate liver cells and are useful in liver enlargement and inflammation. Giloy is immunomodulator and corrects liver metabolism. The combination of herbs is a wonderful remedy for all liver problems.
It contains excellent herbs for gall bladder cleaning, clears gall stones naturally.
Herbs in Yakrit-Plihantak Churna
Yakritplihantak Churna is purely a herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Ayurvedic Energetics of this Product
Vata + , Pitta - , Kapha -
- Useful in Alcoholic liver disease,
- Enlarged & Fatty liver,
- High Cholesterol, Diabetes (Type I & II),
- Gall bladder Stones,
- Hormonal imbalances,
- Pitta (Excessive heat) disorders,
Dosage and Methods of Administraton
1/2 to 1 teaspoonful twice daily, with plain water or fruit juice, after meals
Ingredients in Yakrit-Plihantak Churna
||Black Night Shade
||King of Bitters
Where to buy Yakrit-Plihantak Churna?
To buy Yakrit-Plihantak Churna, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/yakrit-plihantak-churna.html