When we Google for herbal remedies for Arteriosclerosis or ayurvedic treatment for Arteriosclerosis we get a number of references. Well, herbs are enough good to take care of our health and wellbeing. Ayurveda is a natural science of healing which deal with diseases in a natural way. There is a huge competition these days between herbal companies too. Make sure you choose the best one with pure extracts otherwise there is no use.
The cardiovascular system consists of the heart and blood-vessels, containing blood. The heart is a muscular-organ and pumps blood to all parts of the human body by the process of contraction. Pure or oxygenated blood is carried by the dhamani (arteries) and impure-or deoxygenated blood by the sira (veins).
Description of heart diseases in Ayurveda
Five types of heart diseases have been described in Ayurvedic system of medicine:
- Vataja Hrid Roga: Heart disease caused by aggravation of the biological air,
- Pittaja Hrid Roga: Heart disease caused by aggravation of the biological fire,
- Kaphaja Hrid Roga: Heart disease caused by aggravation of biological water,
- Tridoshaja Hrid Roga: Heart disease caused by vitiation of the three biological humours) and
- Krimija Hrid Roga (may be interpreted as Valvular heart disease)
Let's know some of terms associated with heart problems so that we get a clear idea.
Arteriosclerosis is a condition where there is stiffness or hardening of the blood vessels which carry oxygen and nutrients from heart to the rest of your body. Though arteries are flexible and elastic but over the time these may get harden and this condition commonly known as arteriosclerosis.
Coronary Artery Disease (Ischemic heart disease)
Cause: Coronary artery disease or ischemic heart disease is a disease in which fat accumulates in the wall of the coronary arteries. Coronary arteries carry blood to the heart. The fat deposits start building up in a gradual fashion and on irregular pattern in the large branches of the coronary blood vessels. The process is in medical fraternity is known as atherosclerosis.
Atherosclerosis results in narrowing of the lumen coupled with hardening of the coronary arteries supplying blood to the heart muscle. The result is ischemia (lack of adequate oxygen supply) to the heart muscle. The consequence is damage to the heart muscle (myocardium). The complete blockade of coronary blood vessels results in heart-attack (myocardial infarction in medical language).
Signs and symptoms: Pin in the chest on exertion (angina pectoris) is the chief complaint. The pain may originate from the chest and radiate towards left arm, neck, shoulder or jaw.
- Family history of coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension,
- Poor nutrition,
- Previous history of heart attack
- Smoking habits
What Planet Ayurveda offers for healthy heart?
Heart Support Pack
1. Total Heart Support Capsules: 2 capsules, twice daily
2. Arjuna Tea: 1 Cup, twice daily
3. Arjuna Capsules: 2 capsules, twice daily
Where to buy Heart Support Pack?
To buy Heart Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com
Precautions or diet
In addition to medicine, lifestyle changes are must in proper management of coronary heart disease.
- After a heavy meal, avoid large meals and rich foods that leave feeling stuffed.
- Eat a healthy diet to prevent or reduce high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol, and obesity.
- Exercise as directed by the doctor.
- If there is a history of diabetes, follow doctor's advice and take all medications as directed.
- Lose weight if overweight.
- Quit smoking.
- With exertion, slow down or take rest in breaks.
- With stress, try to avoid situations that make patient upset or stressed.