What is Psoriasis?
It is a chronic skin disorder of unknown origin and is frequently likedPsoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder that involves scaling and patching of the skin. There are white flakes over the skin surface which are frequently lost from the skin leaving behind shiny and silvery patches, a characteristic feature of the disease.
It is a chronic skin disorder of unknown origin and is frequently liked to inheritance and abnormal immune response in the affected patients. to inheritance and abnormal immune response in the affected patients.
Is Psoriasis related to the immune system?
In this disease, the T-cells of the immune system show a faulty response and have a tendency to grow rapidly trying to throw the inflammatory part of the skin off the body. As a result flakes are formed in the skin leaving behind red patches of the inflammatory skin tissues which may be variable in size and number.
Psoriasis as per ayurveda
"Kushnati vapu iti kushtham" Which means, any disease that damages the normal skin texture is considered to be grouped under kushtha roga.
According to Ayurveda, all types of skin diseases have been grouped under "KUSHTHA ROGA". There are 18 types of kushtha rogas or skin diseases which have been majorly classified as:-
- Maha Kushtha (Major skin disorders) - 7 types
- Kshudra kushtha (Minor/ Less severe skin disorders) -11 types
Psoriasis also has many varieties like scalp psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, plaque psoriasis, pustular psoriasis etc. These can be compared to the various types of kushtha roga according to their corresponding symptoms.
Majorly, Eka kushtha, a type of kshudra kushtha can be compared to psoriasis.
Involvement of body energies in Psoriasis
According to Ayurveda, skin diseases occur when the vitiated three doshas of the body namely, vata (air body energy), pitta (fire body energy) and kapha (phlegm body energy) affect the skin, blood, muscle tissues and the lymphatic system of the body, the damage to the skin tissues commences.
As a result, there occurs rapid degradation of the skin layers leading to various skin disorders.
In case of Psoriasis, other factors like the faulty immune response and genetic predisposition to the disease produces toxic reactions in the skin making it flaky and red.
What are the causes of Psoriasis ?
According to modern medical sciences, the cause of psoriasis is not very specific. Psoriasis runs in the families and is also associated with a faulty response of the T cells of the immune system as explained earlier.
As per Ayurveda, there are many dietary and lifestyle factors which makes people all the more prone to develop psoriasis. These include:-
- Consuming food having opposite interaction when combined together for consumption. E.g.:- cold and hot food items taken together, fish +milk, curd at night etc.
- Over eating, untimely eating
- Consuming fats in excess.
- Exercising just after consuming food
- Exposure to harmful sunrays, toxins and environmental pollutants.
- Controlling the natural urges etc.
What are the trigger factors for any case of psoriasis?
There are certain trigger factors which can cause a sudden flare up of a controlled case of psoriasis.
- Skin injury - Sometimes an injury in any part of the body like a minor cut or discontinuation in any part of the skin can cause a flare up of the disease
- Stress and anxiety - This is a common complaint, people have maximum and more frequent worsening of the symptoms when they are under stress or are excessively anxious.
- Infections - which may be a simple throat infection
- Medications - many medicines like NSAIDS, Beta –blockers precipitate flare ups in many patients.
- Over exposure to sunlight - patients of psoriasis have a hard time if they are under the sun for an unusually long period of time.
- Smoking and Alcohol - These are equally bad for psoriasis as they are for any other disease.
Can natural supplements help a case of psoriasis?
Psoriasis is one of those diseases which is difficult to manage only on medicines. It requires major lifestyle changes and supplementations that can help improve the quality of life of these patients.
Planet Ayurveda has a unique set of formulations that help to maintain a healthy skin.
Planet Ayurveda's Natural supplements for Healthy Skin
Dosage / Usage
- Neem Capsules - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meal
- Kishore Guggul - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meal
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 tsp. once daily with plain water after meal
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meal
- Radiant Skin Lotion - Apply regularly morning and evening
- Green Tea-Algae Aloe Vera Gel Scrub - Massage gently on the affected part while bathing
1. NEEM CAPSULES
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is a very well-known herb in the Ayurvedic texts. Planet Ayurveda's Neem capsules contain standardized extract of Neem.
It is a great nutritional supplement that helps maintain a healthy skin and supports the immune system.
2. NAVKARSHIKA CHURNA
It is another combination of natural herbs that help to maintain healthy skin tissues. The 9 herbs used in this mixture are great for maintaining skin health.
Planet Ayurveda's Navkarshik churna can be a great dietary supplement for people in general.
3. KISHORE GUGGUL
Kishor guggul is Planet Ayurveda's dietary supplement for maintaining healthy tissues in the body.
It is inspired by an Ayurvedic formulation known by the name of Kaishore guggul in Ayurvedic literature.
It is again a very good nutracutical preparation for people of all ages.
Where to buy Psoriasis Care Pack?
To buy Psoriasis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/psoriasis-care-pack.html