Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
What is Psoriasis?
It is a chronic skin disorder of unknown origin and is frequently liked Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder that involves scaling and patching of the skin. There are white flakes over the skin surface which are frequently lost from the skin leaving behind shiny and silvery patches, a characteristic feature of the disease.
It is a chronic skin disorder of unknown origin and is frequently liked to inheritance and abnormal immune response in the affected patients. to inheritance and abnormal immune response in the affected patients.
Is Psoriasis related to the immune system?
In this disease, the T-cells of the immune system show a faulty response and have a tendency to grow rapidly trying to throw the inflammatory part of the skin off the body. As a result flakes are formed in the skin leaving behind red patches of the inflammatory skin tissues which may be variable in size and number.
Psoriasis as per ayurveda
"Kushnati vapu iti kushtham" Which means, any disease that damages the normal skin texture is considered to be grouped under kushtha roga.
According to Ayurveda, all types of skin diseases have been grouped under "KUSHTHA ROGA". There are 18 types of kushtha rogas or skin diseases which have been majorly classified as:-
- Maha Kushtha (Major skin disorders) - 7 types
- Kshudra kushtha (Minor/ Less severe skin disorders) -11 types
Psoriasis also has many varieties like scalp psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, plaque psoriasis, pustular psoriasis etc. These can be compared to the various types of kushtha roga according to their corresponding symptoms.
Majorly, Eka kushtha, a type of kshudra kushtha can be compared to psoriasis.
Involvement of body energies in Psoriasis
According to Ayurveda, skin diseases occur when the vitiated three doshas of the body namely, vata (air body energy), pitta (fire body energy) and kapha (phlegm body energy) affect the skin, blood, muscle tissues and the lymphatic system of the body, the damage to the skin tissues commences.
As a result, there occurs rapid degradation of the skin layers leading to various skin disorders.
In case of Psoriasis, other factors like the faulty immune response and genetic predisposition to the disease produces toxic reactions in the skin making it flaky and red.
What are the causes of Psoriasis ?
According to modern medical sciences, the cause of psoriasis is not very specific. Psoriasis runs in the families and is also associated with a faulty response of the T cells of the immune system as explained earlier.
As per Ayurveda, there are many dietary and lifestyle factors which makes people all the more prone to develop psoriasis. These include:-
- Consuming food having opposite interaction when combined together for consumption. E.g.:- cold and hot food items taken together, fish +milk, curd at night etc.
- Over eating, untimely eating
- Consuming fats in excess.
- Exercising just after consuming food
- Exposure to harmful sunrays, toxins and environmental pollutants.
- Controlling the natural urges etc.
What are the trigger factors for any case of psoriasis?
There are certain trigger factors which can cause a sudden flare up of a controlled case of psoriasis.
- Skin injury - Sometimes an injury in any part of the body like a minor cut or discontinuation in any part of the skin can cause a flare up of the disease
- Stress and anxiety - This is a common complaint, people have maximum and more frequent worsening of the symptoms when they are under stress or are excessively anxious.
- Infections - which may be a simple throat infection
- Medications - many medicines like NSAIDS, Beta –blockers precipitate flare ups in many patients.
- Over exposure to sunlight - patients of psoriasis have a hard time if they are under the sun for an unusually long period of time.
- Smoking and Alcohol - These are equally bad for psoriasis as they are for any other disease.
Herbal Remedies for Psoriasis
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as PSORA Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis. These herbal remedies contains natural herbs, which are very beneficial in the treatment of psoriasis.
Dosage / Usage
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati – 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Lippu Oil - Apply Locally on the lesions, after bath, expose to Sun light for 3 minutes.
- Psorolin Ointment - Apply locally on the lesions at night
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
Radiant skin hair nail formula is packed with wonderful herbal extracts of Rubia cordifolia (Manjista), Fumaria officinalis (Pit papad), Swertia chiretta (Chirayata) and Aloe barbadensis (Ghrit Kumari). Regular use helps to clear toxins from the body as this herbal remedy is rich in free radicles. Radiant skin hair nail formula is packed with antioxidant and immune modulator properties. It nourishes dry skin that is quite common symptom in psoriasis. Also cures skin problems like psoriasis, impetigo, ringworm, hay fever, skin tanning etc. It enhances liver functions too effectively.
2. Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati
Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati contains 250mg Mahamanjisthadi Kwath in it. Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati is a herbal formulation that helps to pacify the vitiated Kapha and Pitta. It is mainly Pittahara. It is one of the best herb used for blood purifying and removes toxins from the body. It has ability to penetrate into body tissues where reactive toxins have accumulated. It binds with the toxins and neutralizes their damaging effect. This super herb aids in removing toxins from the blood and in cleansing the lymphatic system. It helps to boost your immunity and increases the white blood cells of immune system. Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati could increase the amount of white blood cells up to 151% and it has been considered one of the advantages of taking Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati particularly if you are aiming to boost your immune function. Immune system is impaired in Psoriasis. So, Mahamanjisthadi Ghanvati is very beneficial for management of Psoriasis. It supports the skin health & maintains natural complexion in Psoriasis patients.
3. Neem Capsules
Neem (Azardirachta indica) is extensively used in Ayurveda for the treatment of various skin problems. Regular intake of Neem Capsules could reduce the risk of psoriasis. The active compounds in this medicinal plant act directly on the skin tissues. It works at the root cause of the disease and helps to address the underlying health problems that are responsible for skin diseases. Neem is highly recommended by most Ayurvedic physicians for all types of skin treatment. Neem possesses antibacterial properties and it is effective in fighting most skin infections such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.
4. Navkarshik Churna
Nature has provided us a number of herbal remedies for the treatment of arthritis and gout. Psoriatic arthritis needs little longer and regular treatment rather than quick symptomatic relief. Navkarshik Churna provides quick relief and it also works at the root level of the problem i.e. Psoriasis. It helps in correcting the purine metabolism, liver metabolism, cleansing the blood and breaking uric acid crystals. It is one of the best herbal treatments for psoriasis and it contains best herbs for psoriatic arthritis.
5. Pitta Balance
In the case of psoriasis, a compromised digestive system leads to an increase of pitta dosha into rasa dhatu. So pitta balance capsules alleviate excess of pitta in body and help in management of psoriasis.
6. Lippu Oil
Lippu oil is an extract of Pongamia glabra (karanj) in coconut oil. The seeds of Pongamia tree yield an essential oil, which contains the chemical constituent karanjin. Karanjin has insecticidal and microbial properties. Lippu Oil is a perfect solution to the problems of Dry skin. It offers quick recovery by control of itching, lichenisation and prevents further damage to the epidermis in Psoriasis. It effectively controls Trans Epidermal Water Loss and moisturizes the skin.
7. Psorolin Ointment
Psorolin Ointment is very effective during the scaling stage of psoriasis. It controls hyperkeratosis. It contains Wrightia tinctoria oil extract and Cynodon dactylon oil extract.
- It retards cell division and inflammatory process
- It controls hyperkeratosis
- Reduces scaling quickly
Where to buy PSORA Care Pack?
To buy PSORA Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/psoriasis-care-pack.html