The growth of human hair occurs everywhere on the body, except for the soles of the feet; the lips; palms of our hands and, apart from eyelashes, the eyelids. Our hair is like our skin, histology of hair is keratinized epithelium that is stratified squamous. It is made up of flat cells in multiple layers that have rope-like filaments. These filaments help in strengthening the hair shaft.
Where does hair grow on our body?
The question should be where not! Except the palm of our feet and hands.
Hair Cycle: The human hair grows in stages. Three in all. And they occur simultaneously. The anagen, catagen, and the telogen. These phases determine the length of the hair shafts.
Reasons for hair growth inhibition and disorders
Alopecia (Baldness): It can effect a person at any stage and age of his life. It could be cause mediated or auto-immune. Alopecia leads to bald patches in the scalp or other parts on our body. Usually the active cycle of hair growth is disturbed, either by immature disruption in follicle maturation or block follicles in resting stage.
Chemotherapy: The principle of chemotherapy is to attack the fast replicating cancerous cells. The hair follicles are also fast replicating cells, so they are prone to be attacked by the chemo rays. Although, the effect is temporary and the cells start growing back around 5- 10 months after the treatment is withdrawn.
In case of traction alopecia can lead to hair loss by added strain and stress over the scalp. This usually occurs when you tightly stretch your hair in one direction as in a tight ponytail.
Regular waxing or plucking may also lead to hair loss over a period of time.
UV effects: The UV-B type of rays are usually shown to inhibit hair growth. The levels range between 20 or 50 mJ/cm2.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes that Help Grow Hair Faster
- Protein in Diet: Hair follicles are made up of protein, keratin. To regrow and increase hair thickness, we need regular supply of protein in our diet. Including dairy products, eggs, meat, fish, beans, tofu, and whey help provide protein to our body.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: The omega 3 fatty acids are the good fats our body needs to grow and maintain cells. They promote healthy skin cells and scalp. Flax seeds, walnuts, salmon, and fish are rich sources of these fats.
- Water: Dehydration leads to dry, weak, brittle, and fraying of hair. Having lots of liquids in your diet is a mantra for good hair. Cut down on your coffee, tea, and sodas, and include water and lemon instead.
- Biotin: Vitamin B is mostly found in animal products and that is the reason vegetarians and vegans usually are deficient in Vit B complex. A good answer to this is to include supplements in your diet. Including eggs, meat, and nuts can help provide biotin to your body.
- Vitamins A and C: Vitamins are required for healthy hair. If you are deficient in vitamins your skin and hair become dull, lifeless, and unhealthy. Green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, carrots, and peppers are rich sources of vitamin A and C.
- Scalp Massage: massage helps improve circulation to that part of the body. Scalp massages help increased blood flow and increase hair faster. Using essential oils on your scalp help increase heat and blood circulation to the scalp that eventually leads to stimulation of hair follicles.
Ayurveda and natural hair growth
Ayurveda is the science and art of using natural herbs and products to improve health and body. It uses natural herbs, resins, minerals, and plant parts to produce health supplements that help keep our body in a balances state.
We at planet Ayurveda brings to you nature's best herbs in the most natural, unadulterated, and pure form. We understand that natural supplements are just an addition to our diet to keep our body healthy. They cannot be used in substitution to medicines and surgical treatments.
Is there any alternative treatment or natural remedy for Healthy Hair?
Alternative treatments are extremely useful. Rather would like to say that ayurvedic treatment is ultimate treatment to take care of diseases from the root. You may get plenty of ayurvedic medicines for hair problems but better to look for those which contain pure extracts. Ayurveda has explained wonderful herbs mentioned by great Acharya's and they have explained beautiful herbs for even hair and related issues. Take them on regular basis with natural diet.
Natural Supplements for Healthy Hair
1. HAIR GROWTH FORMULA
Hair growth formula is made from standardized extracts of herbs such as Yashtimadhu, Ashwagandha, Bhumi amla, Bhringraj, Amlaki and Brahmi.
These herbs have been widely discussed for their properties in the text books of Ayurveda.
It is a natural supplement that supports healthy hair and scalp.
2. RADIANT SKIN HAIR NAIL FORMULA
Radiant skin hair nail formula is a unique combination of herbs like manjishtha, pittapapda, ghritkumari and chirayta.
The capsule contains standardized extracts of these four herbs, beautifully packed in 100 % vegetarian capsule shells that are free from any additives.
3. GO RICH HAIR OIL
It is a unique oil preparation from the house of Planet Ayurveda.
It contains many herbs and oils in combination as enumerated below:-
The herbs – Palash beej, Bhringraj, Brahmi, Triphala, Amla, Shikakai, Indrayana beej, Mulethi, Henna, Anantmool, kutaj beej, Jatamansi, Chharila, Chandan, Nimbu ras and Chakramard.
The oils – Almond oil, Malkangni oil, Corn oil, Flax seed oil, Sunflower oil, Sesame oil, Coconut oil.
4. JOVEES HAIR CLEANSERS (NATURAL SHAMPOO)
It is a neutraceutical preparation which provides consistent hair care on a daily basis.
Where to buy Hair Care Pack?
To buy Hair Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/hair-care-pack.html
How long natural products need to take for Healthy Hair? Are there any side effects?
It depends how herbs get absorbed in body. Generally it takes few months or you can say still longer time to show the results. Natural supplements take time to show the results so time duration is usually longer. Follow active life style and healthy diet for best results.