Psoriasis is a long lasting chronic skin problem that causes skin cells to grow quickly and results in thick, white, silvery or red patches of skin. In general, skin cells grow gradually and sheds off about every 4 weeks and then new skin cells grow and replace the outer layers of the skin. But in psoriasis, new skin cells move to the surface of the skin in days rather than weeks and they form thick patches which are called plaques. Psoriasis is most common in in adults but it can occur in children and teens also.
What is the cause of psoriasis?
There is not any exact cause of psoriasis but in general it is related to immune system. Psoriasis is often referred to as immune mediated disorder.
What are the different types of psoriasis?
Following are the different types of psoriasis:
- Plaque psoriasis - It is a condition of psoriasis in which patches of raised, reddish skin covered by silvery-white scale are formed.
- Psoriatic arthritis – This type of psoriasis causes inflammation of the joints.
- Guttate psoriasis – This type of psoriasis causes small, red spots on the skin
- Pustular psoriasis – In this type of psoriasis white pustules are formed and are surrounded by red skin.
- Inverse psoriasis – In this type of psoriasis, smooth, red lesions are formed in the skin folds.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis – This type of psoriasis causes redness, severe itching, and pain.
Which parts of the body are affected by psoriasis?
The scalp, elbows and torso, knees are mostly affected by psoriasis. The other parts that are affected by psoriasis are nails, palms, soles, genitals and face (rare).
What is the effect of sun on psoriasis?
Sunlight and ultraviolet light slow down the rapid growth of skin cells and hence they can have a positive effect on psoriasis. In fact, psoriasis certainly gets better with the ultraviolet light of the sun. More the sunlight, better the psoriasis gets but in winters the condition may become worse due to less sun.
Ayurveda and psoriasis
Ayurveda is an old healthcare system that helps maintain healthy body in a natural way by balancing three doshas namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha.According to Ayurveda psoriasis can be considered as the vitiation of Vata and Kapha dosha. They both of them maintains our body equilibrium.
Are natural supplements good for healthy skin?
Natural supplements are for the dietary support. They help balancing the unhealthy diet. There are many natural supplements for healthy skin available in the market but the one which is free from any chemicals and side effects will be the good one for maintaining healthy body.
Dietary supplement for healthy skin
Planet Ayurveda provides "PSORA Care Pack" for maintaining healthy skin. The pack is free from any chemicals, additives, preservatives and are 100 percent natural and vegetarian. It is free from any side effects and hence helps maintain healthy skin in a natural way.
Dosage / Usage
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Manjistha Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Lippu Oil - Apply Locally on the lesions, after bath, expose to Sun light for 3 minutes.
- Psorolin Ointment - Apply locally on the lesions at night
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
Radiant skin hair nail formula is packed with wonderful herbal extracts of Rubia cordifolia (Manjista), Fumaria officinalis (Pit papad), Swertia chiretta (Chirayata) and Aloe barbadensis (Ghrit Kumari). Regular use helps to clear toxins from the body as this herbal remedy is rich in free radicles. Radiant skin hair nail formula is packed with antioxidant and immune modulator properties. It nourishes dry skin that is quite common symptom in psoriasis. Also cures skin problems like psoriasis, impetigo, ringworm, hay fever, skin tanning etc. It enhances liver functions too effectively.
2. Manjistha Capsules
Manjistha Capsules control over activation of the immune system. It purifies blood and controls Infections that cause flare ups on the skin.
3. Neem Capsules
The Neem capsules of Planet Ayurveda contains standardized extract of Neem in it. Neem is an herb which is known as Azadirachita indica. It is a fast growing tree that can reach upto a height of 40 m. Generally, it is 15-20 m high. In severe drought it may shed most or nearly all the leaves.
4. Navkarshik Churna
The Navkarshik Churna of Planet Ayurveda contains the blend of 9 ingredients in it. They are Amla (Phyllanthus emblica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Neem (Azadirachita indica), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrooa), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) and Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata).
5. Pitta Balance
In the case of psoriasis, a compromised digestive system leads to an increase of pitta dosha into rasa dhatu. So pitta balance capsules alleviate excess of pitta in body and help in management of psoriasis.
6. Lippu Oil
Lippu oil is an extract of Pongamia glabra (karanj) in coconut oil. The seeds of Pongamia tree yield an essential oil, which contains the chemical constituent karanjin. Karanjin has insecticidal and microbial properties. Lippu Oil is a perfect solution to the problems of Dry skin. It offers quick recovery by control of itching, lichenisation and prevents further damage to the epidermis in Psoriasis. It effectively controls Trans Epidermal Water Loss and moisturizes the skin.
7. Psorolin Ointment
Psorolin Ointment is very effective during the scaling stage of psoriasis. It controls hyperkeratosis. It contains Wrightia tinctoria oil extract and Cynodon dactylon oil extract.
- It retards cell division and inflammatory process
- It controls hyperkeratosis
- Reduces scaling quickly
Where to buy PSORA Care Pack?
To buy PSORA Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/psoriasis-care-pack.html