Psoriasis is a long lasting chronic skin problem that causes skin cells to grow quickly and results in thick, white, silvery or red patches of skin. In general, skin cells grow gradually and sheds off about every 4 weeks and then new skin cells grow and replace the outer layers of the skin. But in psoriasis, new skin cells move to the surface of the skin in days rather than weeks and they form thick patches which are called plaques. Psoriasis is most common in in adults but it can occur in children and teens also.
What is the cause of psoriasis?
There is not any exact cause of psoriasis but in general it is related to immune system. Psoriasis is often referred to as immune mediated disorder.
What are the different types of psoriasis?
Following are the different types of psoriasis:
- Plaque psoriasis - It is a condition of psoriasis in which patches of raised, reddish skin covered by silvery-white scale are formed.
- Psoriatic arthritis – This type of psoriasis causes inflammation of the joints.
- Guttate psoriasis – This type of psoriasis causes small, red spots on the skin
- Pustular psoriasis – In this type of psoriasis white pustules are formed and are surrounded by red skin.
- Inverse psoriasis – In this type of psoriasis, smooth, red lesions are formed in the skin folds.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis – This type of psoriasis causes redness, severe itching, and pain.
Which parts of the body are affected by psoriasis?
The scalp, elbows and torso, knees are mostly affected by psoriasis. The other parts that are affected by psoriasis are nails, palms, soles, genitals and face (rare).
What is the effect of sun on psoriasis?
Sunlight and ultraviolet light slow down the rapid growth of skin cells and hence they can have a positive effect on psoriasis. In fact, psoriasis certainly gets better with the ultraviolet light of the sun. More the sunlight, better the psoriasis gets but in winters the condition may become worse due to less sun.
Ayurveda and psoriasis
Ayurveda is an old healthcare system that helps maintain healthy body in a natural way by balancing three doshas namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha.According to Ayurveda psoriasis can be considered as the vitiation of Vata and Kapha dosha. They both of them maintains our body equilibrium.
Are natural supplements good for healthy skin?
Natural supplements are for the dietary support. They help balancing the unhealthy diet. There are many natural supplements for healthy skin available in the market but the one which is free from any chemicals and side effects will be the good one for maintaining healthy body.
Dietary supplement for healthy skin
Planet Ayurveda provides "Psoriasis Care Pack" for maintaining healthy skin. The pack is free from any chemicals, additives, preservatives and are 100 percent natural and vegetarian. It is free from any side effects and hence helps maintain healthy skin in a natural way.
Dosage / Usage
- Neem Capsules - 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meal
- Kishore Guggul - 2 tab twice daily with plain water after meal
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 tsp. once daily with plain water after meal
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meal
- Radiant Skin Lotion - Apply regularly morning and evening
- Green Tea-Algae Aloe Vera Gel Scrub - Massage gently on the affected part while bathing
1. Navkarshik Churna
The Navkarshik Churna of Planet Ayurveda contains the blend of 9 ingredients in it. They are Amla (Phyllanthus emblica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Neem (Azadirachita indica), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrooa), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) and Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata).
2. Kishore Guggul
Each tablet of Kishore guggul of planet Ayurveda contains Guggulu resin (Commiphora mukul), Ginger root (Zingiber officinale), Pippali fruit (Piper longum), Black Pepper fruit (Piper nigrum), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Danti root (Baliospermum montanum), Nishoth root (Operculina turpethum), Bibhitaki fruit (Terminalia bellirica) and haritaki fruit (Terminalia chebula) in it.
3. Neem Capsules
The Neem capsules of Planet Ayurveda contains standardized extract of Neem in it. Neem is an herb which is known as Azadirachita indica. It is a fast growing tree that can reach upto a height of 40 m. Generally, it is 15-20 m high. In severe drought it may shed most or nearly all the leaves.
Where to buy Psoriasis Care Pack?
To buy Psoriasis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/psoriasis-care-pack.html