Ayurvedic Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis
About Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis is a skin rash and is also referred as eczema. This is generally a chronic disorder which involves rough itching skin that may be dry. The condition in this disease will changes from mild to severe and also depends on the climate in different seasons. This disease mainly appears in infants but can affect adults as well. It is more common in people who also suffer other inflammatory conditions such as seasonal allergies. In this disease person gets red rashes when he scratches it.
This disease is of different types based on their causes and symptoms. One of them is atopic dermatitis which is very common type of this disease and is caused by allergic reactions.
In Ayurveda eczema is also termed as Vicharchika. It is caused by the vitiation of the three doshas- pitta, vata and kalpha. Vitiation of the skin occurs through imbalance between the pitta and the blood. It is most commonly observable on the skin. There are some guidelines which should be followed by the person having this condition.
In Ayurveda, vitiation of all three doshas can cause dermatitis.
- Kapha dosha: Imbalance of kapha is more distinct on the skin. The skin appears thick with itching and oozing.
- Pitta dosha: It may cause bleeding from affected area along with burning sensation and fever.
- Vata dosha: It causes the dermatitis due to dryness of skin. It is leads to severe itching and pain.
Causes of Atopic dermatitis
- Exposure to environmental allergens
- Physical and mental stress
- Contact with irritants and chemicals
- Poor nutrition
- Perfumes or dyes added to skin lotions or soaps
- Contact with irritants and chemicals.
- Perfumes, household chemicals, harsh soaps, alcohol containing skin- products, tight clothing, and wool are the main skin irritants.
- Excess heat and low or high humidity triggers eczema. The dry skin conditions during winter also triggers the flare-up.
- Hot baths and hard water.
Symptoms Atopic dermatitis
- Blisters with oozing and crusting
- Dry skin all over the areas of bumpy skin on the back of the arms and front of the thighs
- Skin redness and inflammation
- Blister on skin
Atopic Dermatitis in Children
This type of skin complication is also known as Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis. Almost 18.7 percent of infants are affected with this skin disorder. It has become highly common these days with the rising levels of pollution, dust and dirt in the atmosphere. It usually gets cured with age. But, if the situation persists, it may lead to certain chronic complications with the advancement of age. Children and infants tend to have a very sensitive skin. Their skin becomes more and more prone to dust, sweat, dirt, clothes, soaps, chemicals, pollution and skin care products. Rashes, redness and irritations develop on their skins quite easily and they quite often get affected with the skin disorder, atopic dermatitis. So, it needs to be treated with utmost care to avoid future complications.
Herbal Remedies for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of atopic dermatitis. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula - One capsules two times in a day with plain water after meals.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
- Navkarshik Churna - One teaspoonful to 1 tablespoonful twice daily.
- Vetpalai Thailam - Apply it on affected area.
- Manadarin orange soap - Apply gently all over the body.
- Lippu oil - Apply it on affected area.
1. Radiant skin hair nails formula
Ayurvedic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis by Planet Ayurveda has the Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula. This herbal product is free from any side effects. Herbs used in the formulation of this herbal product are given below.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) - This herb is packed with blood purification properties and eliminates all the impurities from blood.
- Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis) – This herb is also known quite well in relieving the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. It helps to provide relief in the itching, redness of skin, burning sensation of skin and inflammation of the skin.
- Chirata (Swetia chiretta) – All the parts of this herb possess the medicinal properties. Use of this herb is quite effective in the skin infections.
- Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis) – This herb is commonly called as Aloe vera and known to be quite good to resolve the skin diseases.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayana has wide range of therapeutic properties and prophylactic activity. It is a Rasayana (rejuvenator), which promotes positive health and vigor. It stops aging and increases longevity in individuals by increasing immunity. Thus, makes the body to resist against various infections. It possesses antibacterial activity and stop the growth of bacteria. It is also a best remedy to treat atopic dermatitis.
3. Navkarshik churna
It is an effective combines therapy of various herbs, where they act as a waste and toxins removal, blood purifier, corrects metabolism of Pitta, work as immuno-modulator, anti-inflammatory. It removes toxins and effectively rejuvenate skin by working on Atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, burns and scales.
4. Vetpalai Thailam
This is natural herbal product for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. This product is only for external use. Application of this oil helps to ward off the symptoms of atopic dermatitis without causing any side effects on skin.
5. Manadarin Orange soap
Planet Ayurveda, Mandarin Orange soap is natural handmade bar. It replenishes the skin with minerals and maintain moisture content. It rejuvenate the skin and acts good moisturizing soap. The naturally manufactured soaps are skin friendly and do not induce hypersensitivity.
6. Lippu oil
It is a unique single formulation effectively works on the atopic dermatitis treatment, dry skin, Lichen Planus, Itchyosis, Allergic skin disorder. It effectively controls Trans Epidermal Water Loss and moisturizes skin.
Where to buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack?
To buy Atopic Dermatitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/atopic-dermatitis-care-pack.html
- Use very mild soap on the skin or it is better not to use any kind of soap. Use olive oil in water to have bath so that your skin does not get dry much. After bath just bloat the skin, do not rub. Later apply some ghee or olive oil for better results. Use warm water in cold and cold in summers.
- Opt for moderated temperature, mild, sunlight and light wind.
- Opt for balanced diet. Stay away from allergic foods like curd, sour things, pickles, dry fruits etc.
- Say totally no to all packed, junk and fried food items.
- Keep yourself free from stress and tension as symptoms may get worsen more. Listen to music, practice yoga and meditation.
- Keep yourself away from woolen and other warm cloths like blanket.
- Avoid harsh exercises and excessive sweating of the skin.
- Better to avoid things like – peeling garlic, onion, cutting ladyfinger, same with cosmetic products also. Take care while using so that these should not aggravate the symptoms further.
- Extreme emotions like shock and anger should be avoided.
- Medicines do not give a specific cause for atopic dermatitis but just give relief for some time. So for the best treatment one should go for the root cause of the problem and not just opting western medicines.