What is the difference between Trigeminal Neuralgia and Neuropathic Facial Pain?
Trigeminal neuralgia or TN is characterized by stabbing, shaking kind of pain whereas neuropathic facial pain is with numbness and tingling sensation which is more characterized by very constant, dull, burning with intermittent sharp pains.
What is Neuralgia?
Neuralgia is a condition of a sudden, painful attack as a result of a change in neurological structure or function due to irritation or damage to the nerves without stimulating pain receptor cells which affects the cranial nerves. The severe pain or mild burning may occur on the face and inside the mouth. It is broadly classified into four types.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
- Occipital Neuralgia
- Post herpetic Neuralgia
What is Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Trigeminal neuralgia is a most common form of neuralgia that occurs due to the inflammation or compression of trigeminal nerve by an artery or a vein that frequently causes severe facial pain. It mostly affects the elderly people and generally affects right side of the face.
What are the Causes?
Biological changes in the nerve tissues, pressure exerted on the nerves by blood vessels or tumor and certain inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis, sarcoidosis, and Lyme disease can act as a trigger. Injury to brain or trauma that damages or constricts the nerve may also lead to trigeminal neuralgia.
What are the Symptoms?
- Severe, sharp and stabbing pain,
- Simple daily activities such as brushing teeth, washing face, swallowing, talking, eating and chewing may trigger the pain.
- Mild sensation like blowing of wind, mild facial touch may also cause pain.
Dietary And Lifestyle recommendations
- Avoid eating very cold, hot or spicy food which may worsen the pain. Eat nutritious meal. Increase intake of mushy food or liquidise the food as some people may have difficulty in chewing.
- Drink liquid using a straw as this will avoid unnecessary contact of liquid with painful areas of mouth.
- Avoid triggers that may initiate painful attacks. If the pain is triggered by wind then wear a scarf, don't sit near the window.
- Opt for High protein diet and low fat diet Involve saturated fats in the diet as this will permit proper growth and maintenance of nerve cell membrane and neurotransmitters. Do not over dose as the intake.
- Opt for Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 rich diet for healthy nerve functions.
- Opt for natural diet containing fresh fruits and leafy vegetables.
- Prefer more fruits like apples, papayas, peaches, pears, kiwis.
- Limit intake of tea and coffee.
- No soft drink. Only fresh juices. Not even preserved one.
- No junk, packed and fried foods.
- Do not prefer outside just have healthy diet at home.
- No noodles, pasta, maggie, biscuits of white flour etc.
- Keep yourself active and do not take any kind of mental stress.
Is there any Herbal Remedies for Ayurvedic Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Yes, You can find many herbal remedies for various health diseases either online or offline. Always invest on the right one containing pure extract and which are formulated under GMP guidelines. One should be aware of herbal remedies and must opt for those which undergone quality quantity and potency check.
How Ayurvedic Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia can be helpful?
Ayurvedic Treatment for trigeminal neuralgia can be helpful to maintain healthy facial nerve.
One can consult expert Ayurveda doctors to start with some herbal remedies for healthy facial nerve. These are advised as per the requirement on regular basis.
Herbal Remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda, the leading herbal products manufacturer has provided some of the effective herbal remedies. These herbal remedies are considered the safest, natural and side effect free means of treatment. The Trigeminal Neuralgia Care Pack for Ayurvedic Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia, provided by Planet Ayurveda is a pure blend of herbs for providing effective and safe relief from the disorder. This set of herbal medicines make an excellent ayurvrdic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 capsules with plain water, after meals
- Hakam Churna – 1 tsp. with plain water, after meals
- Yograj Guggul - 2 tablets with plain water, after meals
- Boswellia Curcumin - 2 capsules with plain water, after meals
1. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules are major neuropathic medication, which is also used treat debilitating conditions, fatigue, stress, anxiety, palpitation, ageing etc. Proper medication of this capsule can give relief to muscles. For children, it can be given as a nerve tonic, which can improve their physical stamina and mental health. The capsule can be used by both children and adults. The bottle contains 60 capsules which can be taken twice a day for one month.
2. Hakam Churna
Hakam Churan is an anti-inflammatory herbal mix, which helps to overcome various painful conditions like Trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica, Rhematoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis and stiffness in the back. Hakam Churan is a mixture of four pure herbs namely Hakon, Kalongi, Methi and Ajwain.
3. Yograj Guggul
Yograj guggul is a classical formulation prepared with the popular Ayurveda medicinal herb guggulu along with 27 other herbs and ghee. The herbal combination has no side effects and has shown successful results in the treatment of muscular-skeletal and nervous disorders. In addition, Yograj Guggul is used in curing digestive disorders worm infestation, female reproductive system disorders, splenomegaly and abdominal tumours. It is also a good immuno-modulator and lipid lowering agent. Hence, it is used to control obesity.
4. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia Curcumin capsules has anti-inflammatory properties. It effectively gives relief from joint pains without any side effects. Along with Trigeminal Neuralgia, it is also used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, cervical spondylitis, chronic colitis, Asthma, allergies, Chrohn’s disease, brain tumours and all types of cancers.
Where to buy Trigeminal Neuralgia Care Pack?
To buy Trigeminal Neuralgia Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/trigeminal-neuralgia-care-pack.html
Can we take Herbal Remedies on regular basis?
Yes, Herbal remedies are free from any kind of side effect so can be taken on regular basis or as advised. These can be taken for few days, months or years as advised.