Ayurvedic Treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis
Ayurvedic treatment for bacterial vaginosis is the safest way to get rid of its symptoms like vaginal discharge with fishy odor because herbal remedies are proven to be very successful without causing any side effect.
About Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is also known as vaginal bacteriosis which is the commonest cause for vaginal infection in women of childbearing age. Vaginal bacteriosis is a type of vaginal inflammation, results from the overgrowth of many types of bacteria that present in the vagina. As it occurs in women in their reproductive years but any woman can experience the condition.
Bacterial vaginosis should not be confused with candidiasis that is yeast infection or trichomonas vaginalis which are due to imbalance of naturally occurring bacterial flora, present in a woman's vagina.
About 40 to 50 percent women have BV without any symptom. It appears and disappears by its own without any reason.
Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis takes place when microorganisms normally present in the vagina starts multiplying.
There are various reasons behind it like:-
- The overgrowth of many types of bacteria without any specific reason that present in the vagina.
- It may occur in women who are not sexually active.
- Having multiple sex partners.
- Use of intrauterine devices and vaginal douches for contraception.
- Recent use of antibiotics.
- Smoking cigarette.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Though half of women don't have any symptoms, but those have may present with following:-
- Thin grayish white vaginal discharge.
- Vaginal itching
- Foul smell especially after sexual intercourse.
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Vaginal bleeding
Complications of the Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginasis may lead to several complications like:-
- PID – Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- In pregnancy - miscarriage, premature delivery, Chorioamnionitis
- FHIV infection susceptibility.
- Some sexual transmitted infections
- Post surgical infections
- Tubal factor infertility
Tests and Diagnosis for Bacterial Vaginosis
- Doctor asks for medical history like previous vaginal infections, sexually transmitted diseases etc.
- Pelvic examination is done.
- Sample of vaginal secretions for studies is taken.
Herbal Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as BV Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of bacterial vaginosis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
How To Use?
- Neem Capsules : 1 morning evening with plain water.
- Pradrantak Churna : 1 spoon daily with plain water.
- Nirgundi Oil : External Use as Directed By Physician.
- Gandhak Rasayan : 2 tab morning evening with plain water.
1. Neem Capsules
Neem capsules are used worldwide for blood purification. It has got many health benefits as it is a potent antioxidant and immunity modulator. It is best anti allergic that cures all skin allergies and respiratory tract infections. It neutralizes the effect of histamine that releases in allergies. It cures dry skin, skin rashes, skin irritation, skin itching, skin inflammation etc. it expels the parasitic worms from the intestines. Also proven very effective in asthma, cough, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, weight loss, urinary tract infections, wounds, and hair and scalp problems.
2. Pradrantak Churna
It is very effectual formulation in controlling painful menstruation, pre menstrual syndrome (PMS) and ovarian cysts. It helps to reduce pain as well as inflammation. It does not cause any side effects and can be consumed along with any other ongoing medications. It contains a blend of pure and natural herbs. It is a natural treatment for uterine fibroids, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, irregular cycle, leucorrhoea and many other related problems.
3. Nirgundi Oil
It is an effective oil preparation for the treatment of various infectious ailments. It has antibacterial, anti-feedant, anti-filarial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oxidant activity. It is highly useful in treating vaginal infections including Bacterial vaginosis, Trichomoniasis and Candidiasis.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan contains Shuddh Gandhak (Sulphur purified). Sulphur draws moisture from the environment into the skin. It removes the dead surface of the skin and reveals the healthy skin from underneath.
It is an excellent rejuvenator. It helps in removing toxins out from the body and reduces inflammation and other symptoms of infection. It is effective in treating liver disorders and various skin diseases. It is a digestive and carminative. It is an excellent remedy to flush out toxins from the body. It acts like a catalyst; it is also very helpful in curing intestinal worms and enlargement of spleen.
Where to buy BV Care Pack?
To buy BV Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/bacterial-vaginosis-care-pack.html
- Garlic is an effective natural anti bacterial. Patient is advised to eat couple of garlic cloves daily.
- Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink daily.
- Yogurt is most common and useful home remedy for bacterial vaginosis. Eat a bowl of yogurt every day until infection disappears. Patient is advised to soak cotton plugs in yogurt and keep in to the vagina or apply it over the inflamed area. Lactobacilli content in yogurt helps in treating urogenital infections whether ingested or applied topically.
- Soak a clean cloth in cold water and place over the outer area that gives relief from burning sensation.
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juices like cranberry juice to remove toxins out from the body.
- Avoid high saturated fat diet, sweet items, white bread, junk food etc which may irritate the vaginal ph and increase the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis. Diet with broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kiwi, carrot, turnip, etc is highly recommended.
- Maintain hygiene. Wear cotton's undergarments, change daily and wash with antibacterial soaps, Use good qualities sanitary pads, wash the external part properly after intercourse, don't use bath tubs or else clean those regularly to avoid the infection.