Ayurvedic Treatment of Boils
Boils are the infection of hair follicles of the skin. Most of these infections can become serious. They are usually caused by Staphylococcus bacteria. This germ can be present on the normal skin. It can enter the body through tiny breaks in the skin. The face, neck, armpits, buttocks and shoulders are the common places for boils to appear. A boil usually starts as a red, hard lump which becomes softer, larger and painful over the next few days. A pocket of pus then forms on the top of the boil. Boils are also known as Abscesses.
What are the causes of boils?
Most of the boils are caused by germ and other health problems which lead to boils are listed below:
- Unhealthy diet.
- Poor hygiene.
- Immune system problems.
- Chemicals exposure may also lead to boils.
What are the symptoms of boils?
The common symptoms of the boils are:
- Skin around boils become infected.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- More boils can appear around the already infected skin.
- Fever can develop.
What are the risk factors for boils?
Anybody can develop boils. People with certain illness and weak immune system are at higher risk of developing boils. Certain medications can also lead to boils. Some diseases in which there is inadequate antibody production can increase the chances of developing boils.
What are the types of boils or Abscesses?
In general, there are two types of boils which are explained below:
Internal Abscesses: These are those boils that occur deep in the body parts such as liver abscess.
External Abscesses: These are those boils which are visible on the surface of the skin as red and raised lump.
How can boils be prevented?
Boils can be prevented to some extent by following measures:
- Healthy diet.
- By washing clothes and towels of infected people carefully
- Good personal Hygiene.
Ayurveda and boils
Ayurveda is a science of life which helps to maintain healthy body in a natural way. There are three doshas, according to Ayurveda. These are Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha. Any imbalance in any of these dosha results in unhealthy body. Boils or Abscesses are known as "Vidhradhi" in Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, boils/Abscesses can be divided into following main categories:
- Vataja: It is due to predominance of Vata dosha. It occurs in Vata areas like in anal region.
- Pittaja: It is due to symptoms of pitta aggravation like fever and other pitta problems. It is found in the body part where pitta is the main resident such as liver Abscess.
- Kaphaja: It occurs due to Kapha dosha in Kapha regions. E.g. - tooth Abscess.
- Raktaja: It occurs due to the vitiation of Rakta. It occurs mainly due to blood born infections.
- Sannipataja: It occurs due to the vitiation of all the three doshas.
- Aagnatuja: It occurs due to an external invasion.
Herbal Remedies for Boils
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of Boils. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
Dosage / Usage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe Vitals Capsules
Aloe vera (Aloe barbedensis) is another great herb to manage any skin problem. Planet ayurveda's aloe vitals capsules are prepared from pure extracts of this herb. The product is the best one for eczema. It keeps the skin hydrating and gives proper nourishment. It is helpful in alleviating redness and dry skin patches. It maintains the glow of the skin. The product is rich in vitamin C and E that is in turn required to maintain the healthy skin. It stimulates the development of skin cells. The product, in short, is the great one to take care of the overall skin health.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
In skin problems such as psoriasis, hair growth of the skin and nail growth gets also affected. Hence, here is another product- Radiant skin hair nail formula capsules by Planet Ayurveda. The product not only give positive results to the skin, but also improves the growth of hair and nails as well. The product is made using the combination of skin beneficial herbs such as Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Yashtimadhu (Glycerrhaza glabra). Being packed with such nutritional herbs, the product will give proper nutrition and nourishment to the skin and will cover all kinds of skin problems.
3. Neem Capsules
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is an age old remedy for skin disorders. The herb is known to improve the beauty of the skin. Being rich in medicinal properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that makes the herb a perfect choice to get relief from skin problems. Neem capsules from our house are made using the pure and standardized extract of Neem herb. The product acts as a natural blood purifier and helps in the removal of excess of toxins from the body. Being packed with the anti-oxidant herb, it is a great way to give proper nourishment to the skin. It is even helpful in removing excess of oil from the skin and improves the oily skin as well. The product is suitable for all kinds of skin and will help in improving the symptoms of all skin problems.
4. Kumkumadi oil
This is a herbal oil that is packed with some wonderful herbs that are beneficial for the skin. Massaging with this oil will improves the texture of the skin and maintains the skin young and healthy enough.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html