Ayurvedic Medicines for Diabetes Natural Treatment
Article on Diabetes by Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
Diabetes Occurs due to Over Stress and Negative Mind
Disease does not occur unexpectedly, it is the result of constant violation of Nature's laws.---Hippocrates
When Hippocrates quoted this thought I am sure he was thinking of Diabetes as it is one lifetime disease a person contracts cause of his own faulty lifestyle and food habits and of course his thoughts going against the rightful nature laws
There is one more saying that Diabetes is caused by melancholy. === Thomas Willis
This is one point I want to hit at. It is generally seen that there are people who consume too much of sugary food items and often lead a hanky-panky lifestyle and are too happy all the time and deal with every situation in a lighter way and so they easily skip the claws of diabetes.
I would like to write more on this particular quote by Thomas Willis ,who was founder of neuroscience and analyzed human brain to the depth and concluded so well that only too much of deep sorrow and guilt, negative thoughts and inability to forgive and forget the worse situations and people in life make the person suffer from Diabetes.
WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENS IN DIABETES?
When a person is in too much stress and his mind constantly struggling with varied thoughts and especially those thoughts are of too much fear and loosing hope of all good happening in life and only the worst is perceived by the mind all the time, so continuous stress almost 20 hours a day results in imbalance of three dosha---vaata, pitta and kapha.
Too much of fear and anxiety of the uncertain happening in life leads to imbalance of vaata which can be co-related to the disturbance in the nervous system and the disturbance in nervous system ultimately results in hormone imbalance and hence the hormone(insulin )levels are disturbed.
In true sense it is vaata that plays havoc in the system, just like a cyclone in an area it moves drastically in the body when one is too much fatigued and in fumbling thoughts , hence blocking the channels of insulin secretion .
We all rely on insulin (a hormone made in the pancreas) to move glucose from the blood to the body's cells.
When we eat, digestion of food breaks down carbohydrates into glucose that is absorbed into the blood in the small intestine. If the insulin is working properly, then the glucose levels rise and fall normally, as insulin moves glucose into the cells to produce energy.
Insulin is the key that opens up the cell to allow glucose to enter.
People with diabetes have partial or complete lack of insulin production in the body. The key to open the cell is not working and so glucose levels pile up in the bloodstream. The unused glucose circulates through the kidneys. When the amount of glucose is more than what the kidneys can handle, the extra glucose spills out into the urine.
AYURVEDIC FORMULATIONS FOR DIABETES
Ayurveda has a wonderful approach in dealing with Diabetes. It has been clearly mentioned as "Yapay" disease, that is the one that lingers on throughout the lifespan of the person. It is not completely curable but can be managed well with changes in lifestyle and ones thoughts and behaviour.
Diabetes has been categorized under Vaatik disorder, and the patient suffering from this problem:-
- tends to loose weight
- Emaciation of body muscle occurs.
- Due to drying of the system patient has excessive thrist, excessive urination
- Too much of sugar in blood hinders wound healing and so a diabetic is more prone to develop open wounds and sores.
- Numbness of feet and hands is very common
- Vision problem
So the best ayurvedic treatment includes:
It is very often seen that people stick to just one concept of reducing sugar in the body by taking more of bitter and pungent herbs---like Karela(bitter gourd), Neem , Chirayta, Patol etc.
But this is infact not solving much of the problem and hence turns ayurvedic approach in management of diabetes as an incomplete therapy or I would say a failure !!!
So what exactly is needed is --- balancing the three doshas, too much of bitter herbs may reduce sugar in the blood but it aggravates vata in the body and patient is not able to get complete benefit. So medicine are needed that improves metabolism and gives complete benefit
1. Fenugreek Capsules : Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an aromatic herb in the family Fabaceae and is cultivated in India, Africa, Egypt, Morocco and England as a semi arid crop. It is used to treat a variety of health problems. The parts mainly used are the brownish seeds and sometimes fresh leaves are also used by Indians as a spice.
2. Bittermelon Capsules : Bittermelon is also known as Karela in Indian literature. Karela is quiet popular diabetes supplement in Asia for its role in diabetes. Bittermelon capsules are not only helpful in controlling sugar levels but also supplement essential chromium and other microminerals needed to restore the imbalance.
3. Dia-beta Plus : It is a very unique and effective herbal product for diabetes.It contains the best herbs for diabetes which improve the functional capacity of pancreas as well as controlling blood sugar levels naturally. This product has its roots in Ayurveda-ancient herbal healthcare.
4. Madhumehantak Churna : It is a potent combination of rejuvenating herbs for diabetes used in Ayurveda since 5000 B.C. and its complications. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and are effective in lowering the blood sugar levels naturally, without any side effects.
- Fenugreek Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Karela Capsules: 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Diabeta Plus Capsules: 2 Capsules twice daily after meals.
- Madhumehantak Churna: 1 - 2 tea spoon full twice daily with plain water, after meals.
Where to buy Diabetes Care Pack?
To buy Diabetes Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/diabetes-care-pack.html.
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly Buddha.