Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver Disease
Fatty Liver Disease is caused by an accretion of fat in the cells of the liver. There are two types of fatty liver disease: alcohol-induced and non-alcoholic. Alcohol-induced fatty liver is caused by extreme alcohol utilization, and causes the liver to bulge and enlarge thus becoming tender on the right side. Its symptoms comprise fever, jaundice, spider veins and augmented white blood cell count. Non-alcoholic fatty liver is generally a less severe condition in which fat builds up in the liver for reasons dissimilar to alcohol. While usually harmless, in rare cases this causes inflammation and interferes with liver functioning. Thus Fatty liver disease comes under pitta dosha in ayurvedic terms.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is an ancient, renowned and scientifically approved system of medicine and self-care originating in India. It endeavours to recognize the energetic imbalances within the body that cause a disease and restore balance with diet, lifestyle changes and herbal remedies. Ayurvedic ways may help to treat fatty liver disease as well. However, all treatments for liver problems should be standardised and supervised by a medical practitioner.
According to the Ayurvedic system, disease is caused by imbalances between the three types of physical energy, or doshas. Each of the doshas is vata, pitta and kapha and these are present in altering degrees in each of us, though generally one is leading. Vata is the power of creativity, intelligence and spirituality. In the physical system, it is responsible for circulation of blood and heartbeat. Vata types are physically thin and fine-boned body with dry hair and skin. Pitta forces control digestion and excretion, including liver function, and pitta types are characterized by sensitive skin and hot temper levels. Kapha energy controls augmentation, moisture and the immune system. Kapha types are prone to gain weight easily, have oily skin, have plentiful hair and are calm, loving personalities.
Ayurveda for fatty Liver
In Ayurveda, the liver is considered a fire or pitta dosh organ, since it is crucial for digestion and excretion. Hence, the health of the liver needs balance in the pitta dosha to support the liver's capability to flush out toxins from the body. When the liver is burdened with toxins like alcohol or fats, it will work troublingly and burn too hot. This results in inflammation and problems all over the body. Ayurvedic practitioners care for liver problems like fatty liver with an arrangement of dietary and lifestyle modifications and herbal remedies.
Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fatty Liver Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of fatty liver. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
1. Echinacea capsules
The Echinacea capsules are Ayurvedic preparation of Planet Ayurveda prepared using pure extracts of Echinacea herb. This herbal formulation is very effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Echinacea (Andrographis paniculata): This herb is having antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties which can bring about good results in liver disease. Also improves the immune system. It can remove toxins from body through stimulation of enzymes which are responsible for secretion.
2. Yakritplihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna (Yakrit- liver and Pliha -Spleen) is an herbal preparation which is a combination of unique herbs that help to recover liver function. It is helpful in eliminating toxins and capable to regenerate the liver cells, thus preventing the liver failure. Therefore all its actions makes it a suitable Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri): Bhumi Amla is an efficient herb that is naturally effective in liver disease. This herb has property to remove toxins from the body, detoxifying the liver and brings down the SGOT and SGPT levels drastically within 3-4 months of regular use. It can regenerates liver cells and cures liver failure.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao): It is very effective herbs to improve metabolism going on within the liver. It helps in eliminating excessive fat deposited in liver and is also a gall bladder cleanser.
- Makoy (Solanum indicum): This is a wonderful herb with amazing liver healing properties. It can bring down alkaline phosphatase level in case of fatty liver. It also supports in regeneration of liver cells quickly.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa): Punarnava is a natural herb that is effective in removing excess of fat, water from within the body. It can even revives liver by regenerating liver cells.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata): Kalmegh is another herb for liver problems, fatty liver and alcoholic liver disease. It can removes accumulated toxins from within the liver and can regenerate damaged liver cells.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus): Kaasni (Chicory) is divine healing herb for worst liver failure and can purify the blood.
- Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea): This herb is very effective herbal remedy for enlarged liver. It useful in regeneration of liver cells.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba): This herb is beneficial for liver diseases with amazing power to regenerate liver cells. It is also supportive in alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver, liver damage due to any other reason or excessive toxins.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
Phyllanthus Niruri capsules are usually suggested herbal medicines to augment the function of the diseased liver. Phyllanthus Niruri capsules contain standardized herbal extract of bhumyamlaki or bhumiamla. These Capsules serve as good Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri): This cold potency herb has protective role in the liver and clearing the virus of hepatitis. This herb helps to protect the liver from damages of toxins like alcohol and drugs. Also effective in treating liver disorders mainly hepatitis. It is good to relieve inflammation.
4. Liver Detox Formula
Liver Detox Formula is the herbal supplement which is fit for the liver as it maintains the appropriate level of hormones because all the hormones are processed in liver. It is such a useful Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
These are pure natural capsules obtained from mixture of different herbs:
- Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurrao)
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa)
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata)
- Makoy (Solanum indicum)
- Kaasni (Chicorium intybus)
- Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium)
- Jhavuka (Tamarix galluca)
- Himsra (Capparis spinosa)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
All these herbs work together which makes this herbal formulation much suitable for cleaning and strengthening the liver. Some of its herbs are efficient in liver detoxification also which helps to revive liver cells.
Where to buy this pack?
If you want to buy this pack, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/fatty-liver-care-pack.html
Dietary and Lifestyle Modifications
- Keep away from spicy and fried foods and fatty meats, which are heating and over invigorating.
- Avoid all alcoholic drinks.
- Cooling, non-acidic fruits like melons, mangoes, pomegranates, berries and pears are good choices.
- Vegetables should be lightly steamed and served with ghee and small amounts of whole, unmilled grains like quinoa.
- Triphala is an Ayurvedic herbal blend that helps balance the liver and digestive system.
- The bitter tonic kutki is a good short-term liver tonic.
- Aloe juice or supplements are cooling.
- Hellebore root, embelia root, chicory seed, ginger and long pepper fruit may also be helpful.