Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver Disease
Liver is the largest internal organ of our body. It is located on the upper right side of the abdomen. The main function of liver is to remove the toxins from the body. Fatty liver disease, also known as "Steatosis", is the common problem of liver which affects one in every ten people. Fatty liver disease occurs due to buildup of fats in the liver. In general, presence of fat in the liver is normal, but if fat present is more than 5 percent to 10 percent, then it is harmful.
Types of Fatty Liver Disease
There are 2 types of fatty liver disease which are explained below:
1. Alcoholic liver disease
Alcoholic liver disease occurs due to excessive consumption of alcohol. The other causes of ALD are hepatitis C, presence of too much iron in your body and obesity.
2. Nonalcoholic liver disease
The cause of this type of liver disease is unknown. Family history of liver disease may be the cause of this type of liver disease. It occurs mostly in the middle aged people and people who are overweight. Sometimes medications can be responsible for this type of liver disease. Viral hepatitis, malnutrition and fast weight loss are some of the other causes of this type of liver disease.
3. Fatty liver and pregnancy
Fat may buildup in the liver, if a woman is pregnant. Although it is rare, but it can pose a serious risk of developing fatty liver disease for a pregnant woman and as well as for their baby.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver Disease
Symptoms of fatty liver disease are listed below:
- Feeling tired, weakness, loss of weight.
- Confusion, trouble in concentration.
- Pain in the belly.
What is meant by fatty liver?
Our liver may become fatty when fat may come from other parts of our body and liver may absorb more amount of fat from our intestines. Liver may become fatty when it loses its ability to change fat into its eliminated form.
How can fatty liver disease be diagnosed?
Various tests are there which help to diagnose liver disease. Simple blood tests including liver function test, ultrasound, computed tomography scan or MRI are some of the test which can be used to diagnose liver disease. Sometimes liver biopsy may be required.
Is there any Ayurvedic treatment for fatty liver disease?
Treatment of any disease generally depends upon the cause of the disease. Taking healthy and balanced diet, doing regular exercise and maintaining healthy lifestyle are some of the ways which help to some extent to stay healthy.
Herbal Remedies for Fatty Liver by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fatty Liver Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of fatty liver. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after meals
1. Echinacea capsules
The Echinacea capsules are Ayurvedic preparation of Planet Ayurveda prepared using pure extracts of Echinacea herb. This herbal formulation is very effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Echinacea (Andrographis paniculata): This herb is having antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties which can bring about good results in liver disease. Also improves the immune system. It can remove toxins from body through stimulation of enzymes which are responsible for secretion.
2. Yakritplihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna (Yakrit- liver and Pliha -Spleen) is an herbal preparation which is a combination of unique herbs that help to recover liver function. It is helpful in eliminating toxins and capable to regenerate the liver cells, thus preventing the liver failure. Therefore all its actions makes it a suitable Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri): Bhumi Amla is an efficient herb that is naturally effective in liver disease. This herb has property to remove toxins from the body, detoxifying the liver and brings down the SGOT and SGPT levels drastically within 3-4 months of regular use. It can regenerates liver cells and cures liver failure.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao): It is very effective herbs to improve metabolism going on within the liver. It helps in eliminating excessive fat deposited in liver and is also a gall bladder cleanser.
- Makoy (Solanum indicum): This is a wonderful herb with amazing liver healing properties. It can bring down alkaline phosphatase level in case of fatty liver. It also supports in regeneration of liver cells quickly.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa): Punarnava is a natural herb that is effective in removing excess of fat, water from within the body. It can even revives liver by regenerating liver cells.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata): Kalmegh is another herb for liver problems, fatty liver and alcoholic liver disease. It can removes accumulated toxins from within the liver and can regenerate damaged liver cells.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus): Kaasni (Chicory) is divine healing herb for worst liver failure and can purify the blood.
- Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea): This herb is very effective herbal remedy for enlarged liver. It useful in regeneration of liver cells.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba): This herb is beneficial for liver diseases with amazing power to regenerate liver cells. It is also supportive in alcoholic liver disease, fatty liver, liver damage due to any other reason or excessive toxins.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
Phyllanthus Niruri capsules are usually suggested herbal medicines to augment the function of the diseased liver. Phyllanthus Niruri capsules contain standardized herbal extract of bhumyamlaki or bhumiamla. These Capsules serve as good Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
- Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri): This cold potency herb has protective role in the liver and clearing the virus of hepatitis. This herb helps to protect the liver from damages of toxins like alcohol and drugs. Also effective in treating liver disorders mainly hepatitis. It is good to relieve inflammation.
4. Liver Detox Formula
Liver Detox Formula is the herbal supplement which is fit for the liver as it maintains the appropriate level of hormones because all the hormones are processed in liver. It is such a useful Ayurvedic Treatment for Fatty Liver.
These are pure natural capsules obtained from mixture of different herbs:
- Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurrao)
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa)
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata)
- Makoy (Solanum indicum)
- Kaasni (Chicorium intybus)
- Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium)
- Jhavuka (Tamarix galluca)
- Himsra (Capparis spinosa)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
All these herbs work together which makes this herbal formulation much suitable for cleaning and strengthening the liver. Some of its herbs are efficient in liver detoxification also which helps to revive liver cells.
Where to buy Fatty Liver Care Pack?
To buy Fatty Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/fatty-liver-care-pack.html