Hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles in outer layer of skin. Hair grows everywhere on the skin of humans except palms of both hands and soles of feet.
The average adult head has almost 1000,000 to 150,000 hairs and can lose up to 100 daily. It's very common and natural too.
The situation of baldness is termed as Alopecia. It is characterized by loss of hair partially or completely from the body.
The different types of alopecia are as follows:
- Alopecia totalis
- Alopecia areata
- Alopecia universalis
It is caused by genes from both parent and it is fuelled by the male hormone testosterone. In female pattern baldness the hair loss is different; it thins throughout the top of the scalp and leaving the hair in front intact.
Many men lose the hair on top of their head, which eventually leaves a horseshoe shaped ring of hair around the sides. This type of hair loss is called male pattern baldness.
Is Stress responsible for Hair Loss?
Due to modern life style, things have been changes a lot. People are occupied all the time and they do not get time for themselves. Every time they are just in front of screens, mobiles, computers and eating just readymade food.
Yes, it would not be wrong to say that stress and anxiety are great contributors here. Extreme emotional tension for a long time may cause hair loss.
Ayurveda states that the loss of hair is basically dependent on the type of the body structure and tri dosha balance. Also, lack of proper circulation of blood in the scalp is yet another important factor for baldness. Improper diet, unhygienic lifestyle, exposure to certain drugs, radiations and therapies are some of the basic contributory factors of Baldness. Also, the male hormone, dihydrotesterone deteriorates the hair follicles, which leads to the thinning of hair and eventually, leads to loss of hair and baldness. Too much oiliness of the scalp and excessive stress also result in baldness. Another important cause of hair fall is heredity.
Characteristic features of Hair loss/Baldness
- Thinning of hair
- Circular patches
- Full body hair loss
- Partial body hair loss
- Bald spots
- Too much hair fall
- Acne and pimples
- Too much oily or dry scalp
Risk factors of Hair Loss/Baldness
- Poor nutrition
- Age factors
- Some allopathic medicines
- Some serious diseases
Causes for Hair Loss
- Hormonal changes in conditions like pregnancy, childbirth, onset of menopause can also cause hair loss which may be temporary.
- Heredity is the most common cause where person presents with baldness.
- Fungal infections of scalp.
- Hair loss may also occur due to some hair styles.
- It may also due to some emotional and physical shock.
- Major surgeries also lead to hair loss.
Are Natural Products safe to maintain Healthy Hair?
Natural products are enough safe to maintain healthy hair when taken along with recommended diet and life style changes. As these take time to show their results but no doubt to say, one can be tension free from fear of side effects.
One can use them on regular basis.
Are there Herbal Remedies for Hair Loss?
You can find a number of herbal remedies online or offline claiming 100 percent results. Make sure you choose the authentic one with standardized extracts for better results.
Nutritional Supplement to maintain Healthy Hair
Hair Growth Formula of Planet Ayurveda is packed with Standardized extracts of - Yastimadhu, Ashwagandha, Bhringraj, Bhumiamalaki, Amalaki and Brahmi.
Ingredients of HAIR GROWTH FORMULA
- Yashtimadhu - Glycerrhazaglabra - 50 mg
- Ashwagandha - Withaniasomnifera - 50 mg
- Bhringraj - Eclipta alba - 100 mg
- Bhumiamalaki - Phyllanthus niruri - 100 mg
- Amalaki - Emblica officinalis - 100 mg
- Brahmi - Bacopamonnieri - 100 mg
1 bottle, contains 60 veggie capsules
1 to 2 capsules twice daily after half an hour of meal with plain water.
Where to buy Hair Growth Formula?
To buy Hair Growth Formula, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/hair-growth-formula.html
Tips for healthy hair
- Drink plenty of water, coconut water is very good.
- Eat a healthy and natural diet with fresh vegetables and fruits
- Opt for vegetables like bottle gourd, bitter melons, ridge gourd, round gourd, pumpkin etc.
- Spinach, carrot, radish, papaya, apples, pears are good to have.
- Avoid using salt in excess
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Say no to all kind of junk, fried and spicy foods
- Avoid stress