Skin Eczema Treatment - HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ECZEMA
Eczema is the term for a group of medical conditions that cause the skin become inflamed or irritated. The most common type of Eczema is known as atopic dermatitis, or atopic Eczema. Atopic refers to a group of diseases with an often inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever. No matter which part of the skin is affected, eczema is almost always itchy. Sometimes the itching will start before the rash appears, but when it does the rash most commonly occurs on the face, back of the knees, wrists, hands, or feet. It may also affect other areas as well. Affected area usually appears very dry, thickened or scaly. In fair-skinned people, these areas may initially appear reddish and then turn brown. Among darker- skinned people, eczema can affect pigmentation, making the affected area lighter or darker. Eczema, which is also called atopic dermatitis, is a very common skin problem. It may start in infancy, later in childhood, or in adulthood. Once it gets underway, it tends not to go quickly away. Herbal remedies are very beneficial for Eczema treatment. Specific herbal supplements give relief from various symptoms related to eczema naturally and without side effects.
Various types of Eczema
- Atopic dermatitis - a chronic skin diseases characterized by itchy, inflamed skin.
- Contact eczema – a localized reaction that includes redness, itching and burning.
- Allergic contact eczema – a red, itchy, weepy reaction
- Seborrheic eczema – a form of skin inflammation of unknown cause that presents as yellowish, oily, scaly patches of skin on the scalp, face and other parts of the body.
- Nummular eczema – coin- shaped patches or irritated skin- most commonly on the arms, back and lower legs.
- Neurodermatitis – scaly patches of skin on the head, lower legs, wrists or forearms caused by a localized itch.
- Stasis dermatitis – a skin irritation on the lower legs, generally related to circulatory problems.
- Dyshidrotic eczema – irritation of the skin on the palms of hands and the soles of the feet.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR SKIN ECZEMA
- Organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil is better than those pricey creams.
- Aloe Vera gel, especially when mixed with vitamin E oil, is a useful natural remedy for skin eczema.
- Make a strong brew of chamomile tea from fresh dried herbs by steeping for 15 minutes minimally. Apply to the eczema area with gauze for 20 minutes.
- Apply vitamin E oil, especially natural D-alpha tocopherol with mixed natural tocopherol. You can break open gel capsules for the oils. Avoiding synthetic vitamin E oil is tricky. Avoid vitamin E acetate.
- Ten drops of gentian tincture before each meal helps the digestive system eliminate toxins that can irritate the skin. Take as often as needed. It is useful natural remedy for skin eczema.
- Flower power: Make a tea of calendula, a marigold flower, with five drops of lavender essential oil added, and then apply to the affected area twice a day until the irritation is relieved.
- Cut thin slices of a whole organic cucumber and allow the slices to soak for at least two hours. Filter the liquid and apply it with a clean cloth or gauze where needed.
- Skin three organic carrots and boil them till they're soft. Mash until you get a smooth paste, and then apply to the affected areas for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water when finished.
- Mix a tablespoon of food grade ground juniper berry, with a tablespoon of sage and a tablespoon of thyme into a cup of boiling water, cover and let stand for five or more minutes. Drink the whole cup after your main meal.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting, rough and scratchy clothing.
- Avoid scratching the rash. If you can't stop yourself from scratching, cover the area with a dressing.
- Avoid physical and mental stress. Eating right and light activity and adequate sleep will help you stay healthy, which can help prevent flares.
- The herb gotu kola, used externally, can help ease itchy skin conditions. Look for a commercial cream or extract. If you use the extract, dilute it first (5 parts water to 1 part extract). Alternatively, you can make a cup of the tea, soak a cloth in it, and use the cloth as a compress. To make the tea, steep 1 teaspoon of the dried herb in 1 cup of hot water. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Eat plenty of essential fatty acids these are found naturally in walnuts, wild salmon and sardines.
- Keep your baths and showers under 10 minutes. In fact, don't bathe everyday if you don't have to. Eczema tends to get worse when skin is dry, and excessive bathing washes away the protective oil that keeps your skin moist.
- After you bathe a heavy cream-based moisturizer to guard the skin against irritants. Avoid water based lotions, as well as lotions that contain fragrance.
- Take care of your liver. Liver dysfunction causes eczema and allergies.
- Use Shea nut body butter and shower cream (available at Body Shop). It has moisturizing and healing properties.
- Jojoba oil is a light, non greasy and a versatile natural remedy for eczema.
- Olive oil can be used on the skin and also rubbed onto the scalp for scalp eczema to reduce the scaling.
- Evening Primrose Oil taken internally in high doses as been known to reduce eczema symptoms. This can be expensive, so you may want to try a good quality essential fatty acid supplement instead.
- A paste of raw strawberries applied to your eczema can reduce the pain, redness and inflammation.
- You can apply directly to your face include cabbage leaf and grated raw potatoes.
- Many people who suffer with eczema have found that honey will reduce eczema symptoms. This is a bit sticky but many people swear by it.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR SKIN ECZEMA
- Radiant Skin hair nail formula -2 twice daily
- Neem Capsules - 2 twice daily
- Aloe Vitals - 2 twice daily
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5 ml in a small bowl, Massage in a circular manner (Avoid in case of Oily skin, other products are good for all types of skin)
1. Neem Capsules
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is an evergreen tree. Its medicinal properties have been described in ancient Indian medical texts such as the Atharva Veda and the Sutragrantha. Neem Capsules possess anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties. Major chemical constituents of Neem are Azadirachtin, Nimbin, Nimbidinin, and Nimbolides. The herb Neem is the best blood purifier and is very useful among various herbs for Eczema treatment. Regular use of Neem is an effective and natural treatment for various other skin problems.
2. Radiant skin hair nail formula
It is an advanced herbal product exclusively formulated to promote age-defying skin, hair and nails. It is as close to the fountain of youth one can ever achieve. Radiant skin hair formula consists of specific herbs for Eczema treatment. Various ingredients work from the inside out to help nourish skin, to help grow longer, fuller lashes and healthier hair. It helps to strengthen dry and brittle nails. This excellent herbal formula supports beauty from within using all-natural ingredients, which are not found in a typical daily diet. The key ingredients hold the key to ageless beauty. They help to treat various skin diseases including Eczema naturally.
Radiant skin hair nail formula comprises of the following ingredients:
- Rubia cordifolia - Manjishtha (Extract)
- Fumaria officinalis - Pitt Papda (Extract)
- Swertia chirata - Chiretta (Extract)
- Aloe barbadensis - Ghrit Kumari (Extract)
3. Aloe vitals
- Sanskrit name: Ghrit kumari, English name: Aloe Vera
- Botanical name: Aloe barbadensis
Aloe vitals can treat eczema because it counteracts inflammation. Since, Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition and Aloe Vera's ability to counteract this skin inflammation helps reduce any present rashes. Aloe vitals can serve as natural eczema treatment because they can speed up the healing process because of eczema rashes. The vitamins C and E in Aloe Vera help the skin recover from the skin inflammation associated with eczema. They promote the proliferation of new and healthy skin cells. These healthy skin cells will replace those skin cells that have been damaged by eczema.
4. Kumkumadi oil
Kumkumadi oil is Ayurvedic herbal oil used for face massage. It is helpful to improve skin texture, complexion and also to relieve skin problems such as acne and scars. Kumkuma means 'saffron', which is the main ingredient of this herbal supplement. This unique blend of oils and herbs with pure saffron is formulated to help skin look young healthy and spotless. It is helpful to remove pimples, acne, dark spots and also skin cracks. This natural oil nourishes the skin, improves texture and help smooth fine lines. It relieves blemishes, acne, acne scars; white and black heads, dark circle and wrinkles. It is good face massage oil, as it has both cleansing and nourishing effect on skin. It possesses anti aging qualities and there are no side effects with this herbal oil.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html.