AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS
ABOUT PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS
It is a type of inflammatory condition of the joints which occurs in patients of arthritis in the later stages of the disease.
The common symptoms of the condition include stiffness, joint pain and swelling around the joint area.
Psoriatic arthritis is similar to psoriasis in terms of the fleeting nature of the disease. Psoriasis is not a curable disease and a lot of factors are involved in the development of this disease and worsening of the condition.
Similarly, psoriatic arthritis also has no cure and it needs to be managed and controlled by proper dietary modifications and lifestyle changes to prevent sever damage to the joint areas.
Arthritis Mutilans is a severe form of psoriatic arthritis in which the bones of the joints of the hands and feet get destroyed leading to permanent disability.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS
Psoriatic arthritis is a chronic disease and its symptoms resemble the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Some of the prominent features of the condition are as follows:-
- Swollen fingers and toes - The fingers may become painful and develop swelling and deformities before the development of significant joint symptoms.
- Foot pain: Due to the aching tendons and ligament of the foot which surround the joint area.
- Lower back pain: It occurs due to the inflammation of the joints of the vertebral area in the spine.
CAUSES OF PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS
Psoriatic arthritis occurs as a result of the attack of the immune system on the body's own cells. Why this condition occurs is still not clear. But it commonly occurs due to the involvement of some genetic dietary and lifestyle factors.
People having psoriatic arthritis are almost found to have a history of psoriasis. Many studies also confirm the correlation between the development of psoriatic arthritis and a history of psoriasis in those individuals.
PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS AS PER AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is an old system of medicine which has its roots in the Indian system of medicine.
According to Ayurveda, all types of skin diseases have been grouped under "KUSHTHA ROGA". There are 18 types of kushtha rogas or skin diseases which have been majorly classified as:-
- Maha Kushtha (Major skin disorders) - 7 types
- Kshudra kushtha (Minor/ Less severe skin disorders) - 11 types
Psoriasis also has many varieties like scalp psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, plaque psoriasis, pustular psoriasis etc. These can be compared to the various types of kushtha roga according to their corresponding symptoms.
Majorly, Eka kushtha, a type of kshudra kushtha can be compared to psoriasis.
Psoriatic arthritis can also be grouped under the complications of the "kushtha rogas".
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Joint Support Pack for ayurvedic treatment of psoriatic arthritis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Bone Support - 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Joint aid plus - 2 capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Coral Calcium Complex - 1 Capsule, twice daily, with plain water after meals.
1. BONE SUPPORT
Bone support capsule has natural calcium extracts obtained from the natural, herbal sources of calcium. Each capsule contains standardized extract of herbs like asthishrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis), Shudh Laksha (Laccifera lacca), Sahijan (Moringa oleifera), Arjun (Terminalia arjuna) and mineral source, Praval pishti (Corallium rubrum).
Bone support can be taken as a great health supplement to support joints and bone health.
2. CURCUMIN CAPSULES
Curcumin is the main active chemical present in Turmeric which is responsible for the remarkable properties exhibited by turmeric.
Planet Ayurveda's Curcumin capsules contain standardized extract of 95% curcuminoids present in Turmeric. Planet Ayurveda's Curcumin capsule is a very versatile herbal supplement that helps maintain a healthy body and mind.
3. JOINT AID PLUS
Joint aid plus contains standardized extract of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Shallaki (Boswellia serrate), Ardarak (Zingiber officianale), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera).
Besides this, the capsules act as a great source of dietary nutrition for the bones and joints in the body.
4. CORAL CALCIUM COMPLEX
Coral calcium complex from the house of Planet Ayurveda is a combination of natural plant and vegetable extracts that effectively help in supporting the skeletal system.
These capsules are purely vegetarian and made from the best quality and purified coral and plant extracts which are rich in many minerals such as Phosphorus, Magnesium, Silica, Vitamin D etc.
All these minerals together help to support healthy bones and joint support in the body.The ingredients of coral calcium complex are as follows:-
Praval pishti, Akik pishti, Jwar mohra pishti, Kamdudha rasa, Mukta pishti, Giloy satva.
Where to buy Joint Support Pack?
To buy Joint Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/joint-support-pack.html
- Drink plenty of plain water, it is very useful.
- Avoid using perfumes and deodorants directly over the skin.
- Application of Lactic acid based moisturizers help in relieving the condition.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol intake, smoking and tobacco chewing.
- Avoid junk and fried food, try and consume simple homemade food with minimum oils and maximum nutrition.
- Include a lot of fresh green vegetables and salads in diet to keep the digestive system in shape.
- Packed or canned food or drinks should be avoided in diet
- Consume foods that are rich in antioxidants like citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, almonds etc.
- Prevent any kind of irritation of the affected areas due to any external stimulus like, very strong winds, abrasions etc. You can keep the area covered for protecting it.