Home & Herbal Remedies for Vaginal Problems
Leucorrhoea, Bacterial Vaginosis & Yeast infections
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is caused due to misbalancing in the normal bacteria in the vagina. This disease is basically associated with sexual activity. In women with BV, the normal healthy lactobacilli bacteria are replaced by an overgrowth of other mixed bacteria. It is also known as gardnerella vaginitis or nonspecific vaginitis.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginitis
- Watery or grey white discharge
- Strong odor from the vagina
- Vaginal itchiness
- Painful or burning urination
Causes of bacterial vaginitis
- For contraception use intrauterine devices
- Prolonged intake of antibiotics
- Vaginal douching
- Multiple sexual partners
A vaginal infection is yeast infection or candidiasis. This infection is resulting the overgrowth of yeast or fungus. Yeast infections are caused by the fungus Candida albicans.If yeast infection occur in the mouth is called thrush, or pharyngeal candidiasis. If yeast infection occur in the skin is called cutaneous candidiasis. Vaginitis is an infection which caused irritation in the vagina which is very common in the very common.
If Candida gets into the bloodstream from using a contaminated intravenous catheter, which is a deadly infection caused by yeast called invasive candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weak immune system
- Poor eating habits, including a lot of sugary foods
- Imbalance hormone
- Lack of sleep
- Burning sensation in the vaginal area
- Painful urination
- White or grey vaginal discharge
- Pain during vaginal sex
- Redness and swelling of the vulva
- Avoid wearing tight pants
- Avoid using deodorant pads
- Do not sit with wet clothing
- One should eat well-balanced diet
- Yogurt is good
- Include supplements with lactobacillus
- Wear natural fibers such as cotton, linen, or silk
- Avoid sitting in hot tubs
- Wash underwear in hot water
Vaginal infections is an inflammation of the vagina which creates odor, discharge, irritation. It Women use a variety of over-the medications to treat the discharge, itching and discomfort during this condition. Some vaginal infections are transmitted through sexual contact. Vaginitis means inflammation in vulva but this is due to hormonal changes especially in going through menopause or menstruation. Most of time this infections became serious diseases.
Leucorrhoea is a condition when a sticky and thick discharge releases from the vagina of women. This is experience by all women during their reproductive period. There are no other symptoms and signs than white, sticky discharge but sometimes may cause severe itching or redness, burning sensation, or irritation in skins
Types of Leucorrhoea
- Physiological leucorrhoea - This type of leucorrhea in which yellowish, white discharge keeps coming out from vaginal area lubricated which helps to preserve the flexibility of the vaginal tissues. It also helps in maintaining the chemical balance. This sticky and white discharge called leucorrhea is result of estrogen hormonal secretion. It is very common in stages of pregnancy presents with milky, white substance sometimes with bad smell. Amount of discharge increases, sometimes increase at pregnancy time.
- Inflammatory leucorrhoea - Type of leucorrhea where there is inflammation of vaginal tissues. It is thick discharge yellow in color, smelly. Inflammatory leucorrhea occurs due to some bacterial infections or it may be due to sexually transmitted diseases.
Causes of Leucorrhoea
- Hormonal disturbances
- Improper hygiene
- Diseases like diabetes, anemia
- Local injury
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
Thick, yellowish white discharge
- Pain in low back or thigh region
Diet in Vaginal Problems
- Do's - Fruits, Vegetables, Salad, More liquids (water, milk, juice, soup), Betel nuts after meals. Maintain proper hygiene. Wash undergarments properly and dry.
- Don't's - Food which are spicy, sour, oily, heavy. Non veg food, Coffee, Alcohol, Tea.
Home Remedies for Vaginal Problems
- Tandulodaka is considered to be best in leucorrhea that is rice water. In a pan, boil 3 tablespoons of rice in 3 cups of water.
- After straining, remove the rice to get water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to it and drink once a day, when it's lukewarm.
- Soak one teaspoon of coriander seeds overnight in a cup of water. Chew the seeds and drink water for better results on next morning.
- For vaginal wash, boil three teaspoon of methi or fenugreek in one liter of water for atleast half an hour, use twice a day.
Herbal remedies for Vaginal Problems
Planet Ayurveda offers BV Care Pack, a combination of panacea herbal formulations to treat such vaginal infections without any side effects. BV Care Pack is absolutely natural and it complies a series of stringent tests which assures the best quality. The product is prepared under utmost hygienic conditions with an aim to bring herbs in its purest form.
How To Use?
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water.
- Nirgundi Oil - For external application.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice daily with plain water.
1. Neem Capsules
Neem is a very popular natural remedy for blood purification and detoxification of the human body. It has an antioxidant and immunity building properties. It helps in relieving bleeding disorders because of its coolant nature. Neem is the best anti-allergic and anti-microbial remedy to treat all types of skin ailments such as healing of infested wounds and ulcers, inflammatory skin conditions, skin redness, skin irritation, skin itching, dry skin and infective respiratory problems, including bronchitis, cough and cold. It discards the worms from the intestine. It is also very effective in treating hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, urinary tract infections and hair problems. It basically helps in balancing pitta and kapha.
2. Pradrantak Churna
It is a very popular ayurvedic medicine in herbal powder form. It is mainly used in the treatment of bleeding gynaecological disorders. It is very beneficial in treating menorrhagia, leukorrhea, menstrual disorder, painful menstruation, pre-menstrual syndrome and ovarian cysts. It is also useful in curing uterine infections, uterine fibroids, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, haemorrhoids, pain, inflammation and many other women related diseases without any adverse effects. It can be consumed along with other medications. It primarily helps in balancing vata and pitta.
3. Nirgundi Oil
Nirgundi oil is a herbal oil which is widely used in the treatment of lymphnode enlargement. Nirgundi is a multipurpose herb and an excellent muscle relaxant, pain reliever with anti-anxiety, anti-spasmodic, anti-toxic and anti-asthmatic properties. Water decoction of nirgundi is very useful in vaginal douche to relieve the local inflammation. It works wonderfully in treating various skin diseases including eczema and ring worm. Nirgundi oil when prepared with sesame oil or coconut oil base serves as an excellent remedy for treating cysts, abscesses and non healing wounds. It mainly helps in balancing vata and kapha.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
It is a purified form of sulphur. It absorbs the moisture from the surroundings into the skin. It helps in removing the dead skin cells and reveals the young healthy skin from inside. It rejuvenates the skin by flushing out the toxins from the body and thus helps in reducing inflammation and other signs of infections. It has an antifungal property. It is used in the treatment of various skin diseases, chronic fever, urinary tract infections, and liver disorders, enlargement of spleen, diarrhoea, pruritis, and malabsorption syndrome, bleeding disorders, intestinal worms and oligospermia. It is an anti-aging medicine. It also improves digestion, skin complexion and immunity. It mainly helps in balancing vata. It is available in herbal powder or tablet form.
Where to buy BV Care Pack?
To buy BV Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/bacterial-vaginosis-care-pack.html.