Ayurveda is one of the oldest systems of traditional medicine in India. It has lately become a very popular science given its popularity and natural but holistic approach towards health.
People are curious about learning more about Ayurveda and its teachings nowadays. The popularity of yoga and yogic sciences is an example in itself and has been an important edge in globalizing Ayurveda.
In earlier times, people used to say that Ayurvedic medicines are best for the treatment of abdominal problems especially gas, indigestion and constipation. Some of the less mindful people thought that this science is just limited to this part of the body and is otherwise not quite effective.
But in the recent times, many firm believers of Ayurveda have started utilizing the principles of diet and lifestyle explained in ayurvedic texts and have integrated them with the modern scientific way of living.
Ayurveda is not just a part of history today, it has actively become a common belief of the masses predominantly youth.
People do not want heavy medicines for their everyday troubles and have realized how important it is to stay natural for a healthy life.
Given the rapid progression in the field of Ayurveda, very soon it will be a household name not only in India but also in every nook and corner of the world.
Let us here talk about a common everyday problem for many people that is, constipation.
Since childhood, we have been trained in the habit of passing stools right in the morning before taking bath. It is a particularly common norm in the Indian societies.
Accordingly, people believe if they are not able to excrete out fecal matter from their body once daily they are constipated. But this is not always true.
Constipation is the inability to pass stools at least two to three times in a week. It may sound surprising for some but this is true, medically at least.
So a common myth is busted here. It's ok if you miss out in the toilet for a day or two. Unless you do not experience any discomfort it is perfectly fine that way.
Why does constipation occur?
Our body needs a certain amount of fiber in our daily diet which should amount to approximately 30 % of the food consumed. When constipation occurs, it is most commonly because of an insufficient amount of fiber in diet.
There are many other common factors that may dry out fecal matter causing constipation.
Some of them are discussed below:-
- Not drinking enough water every day.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of healthy fats in diet
- Too much of junk food
- Use of refined flour and saturated food products in diet which are very heavy on the digestion.
- Change of sleep or feeding patterns.
- Not eating food properly.
- Any anatomical problem which may be stopping the passage of stools to the exterior. For example in case of prostate cancer, the tumorous mass may grow and cover the anal canal completely blocking the tract.
- Intestinal diseases
- Nervous problems that may be affecting the stool evacuation process etc.
Why some people are more affected from the condition than others?
In the above discussion we have thrown light on the general points because of which a person may develop constipation. But practically, this does not always happen. In spite of the right kind of diet and lifestyle some people develop this problem comparatively more frequently than do others. The best explanation for this can be given on the basis of the three body energies that maintain our body as per Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, there are three types of koshthas namely:-
- Mridu koshtha – digest food pretty easily, pitta body energy predominant in such people.
- Madhyam koshtha – digest food ordinarily, kapha body energy normally involved.
- Krura koshtha – difficulty in digesting food, prone to constipation, vata body energy predominant.
So we see, how the balance of the body energies not only determines who we are but also how well we process the food we eat on a daily basis.
Accordingly, vata koshtha type people are always having trouble with food and are advised to take extra liquids and fats in diet so that the food they consume can be digested easily and problems like constipation may not occur.
Planet Ayurveda's Natural supplements for a healthy body
Planet Ayurveda offers best quality dietary supplements which are not only nutritious but also maintain a healthy body inside out. Colon Cleanse Pack from Planet Ayurveda is a combination of the best dietary supplements that help keep the intestines healthy.
- Yakrit Plihantaka churna – 1 Tea spoon twice daily with water.
- Triphala Capsules – 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Kumari Saar – 15 – 20 ml of the juice, to be diluted in a glass of water and taken two times per day. Once empty stomach in the morning and second dose in the evening at least 1 -2 hrs before dinner
Where to buy Colon Cleanse Pack?
To buy Colon Cleanse Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/colon-cleanse-pack.html.