Understanding the concept of Leucorrhoea
Leucorrhoea is a female reproductive disorder. This situation is also termed as "Whites". Leucorrhoea results in the discharge of white colored fluid abnormally from the female genitals. This disorder should be treated initially. Otherwise, it may eventually lead to chronic.
It is common in age group of women between 20-40 years which leads to discomfort, itching, burning feeling, irritation, low backache, etc. Patients suffering from leucorrhoea are mainly complaints of dense, glutinous (sticky), unpleasant smelling vaginal discharge.
Important Causes of Leucorrhoea
- The important cause of leucorrhoea is improper food habits. When the body is unable to excrete out the toxic materials from itself through the skin, bowel or kidneys, these toxins are excreted as the white fluid from the female genitals.
- The white colored fluid is discharged profusely by the women from the mucus membrane of their uterus and the vagina.
- Young women, especially, experience this situation during inter menstrual phase. This is because; the membrane and the walls of the reproductive organs during this phase get thickened.
- Living in unhygienic and unhealthy conditions and womb displacement are the other major causes of leucorrhoea.
Major Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
- The major symptom is the vaginal discharge, which is white in color.
- The patient suffers from constipation, headaches and itching.
- Weakness, sensation of dragging in the abdomen and tiredness are some other symptoms.
- Other symptoms are pain in her legs and calves regions.
- The patient even gets black patches under the eyes when the situation becomes acute and chronic.
Leucorrhoea categorization on the basis of hormonal response
- Physiological - This type of Leucorrhoea does not need any cure as this discharge is normal. It occurs in puberty, ovulation & due to sexual excitement like conditions.
- Pathological - It occurs due to Unhygienic conditions, poor or less food habits.
How Ayurveda Explains Leucorrhoea according to Doshas
As we have discussed Leucorrhoea in modern science, we can get information about Leucorrhoea as Shveta Pradara in Ayurveda. Improper diet and life style vitiates rasa dhatu and kapha dosha which together give rise to Shweta Pradara.
Vata, Pitta and Kapha are three energies of body which decide individual's body nature and accordingly diet and life style is recommended. As everyone is different genetically, recommendations also varies person to person and also it depends upon the each season of the year. Aim of Ayurveda is to bring equilibrium between doshas (physical energies), dhatus (body tissue) and malas (body wastes).
Are natural products enough to maintain female health?
Natural products are totally safe to use as there is no side effect at all when taken as advised. Yes natural products are enough to maintain female health when taken along with recommended diet and life style changes. As these take time to show their results but no doubt to say, one can be tension free from fear of side effects.
Is there any permanent cure for leucorrhoea?
Leucorrhoea can be prevented very well if hygiene is maintained.
- Avoid hot tub bath and whirl pool spas.
- Don't make use of soap frequently on local area.
- Avoid irritants.
- Always wipe from front to back rather than back to front.
- Do not douche very frequently.
- Always wear cotton underwear.
What are Nutritive Supplements to maintain Female Health?
Planet Ayurveda offers Leucorrhea Care Pack to maintain female health.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 tsp. twice daily with plain water after meal
- Female Support - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Gandhak Rasayan - 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal
Where to buy Leucorrhea Care Pack?
To buy Leucorrhea Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/leucorrhea-care-pack.html
What are Dietary Guidelines to maintain Female Health?
- Eat a healthy and natural diet with fresh vegetables and fruits
- Drink plenty of water
- Coconut water is good to have
- Opt for vegetables like bottle gourd, bitter melons, ridge gourd, round gourd, pumpkin etc.
- Spinach, carrot, radish, papaya, apples, pears are good to have.
- Eat ripened banana daily
- Avoid using salt in excess
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Say no to all kind of junk, fried and spicy foods
- Limit non veg intake
- Avoid stress