What is Liver and what does it do?
The liver is the primary organ that helps expelling and breaking down toxins in the body. It produces bile, a detoxifying agent metabolically indispensable in breaking down fats from food.
Healthy liver plays an important role in the outcome of the overall health. The proper functioning and health of the eyes, the brain, the heart, the joints and the kidneys are all dependent on healthy liver functions. If the liver functioning is impaired or even a single enzyme system is hampered then there is an impairment in overall body function and an increased metabolic stress.
What is Liver Failure?
Liver failure is a life threatening condition which needs urgent medical care. Liver failure occurs slowly and take many years.
How can Liver Disease affect the quality of life?
Many people with liver disease feel quite good but in episodes they may face severe symptoms as well. Symptoms, complications and outlook affects quality of life. All this may cause depression, pain, anxiety which disturbs quality of life. That's why it is advised to see a doctor at right time.
How common are Liver Diseases?
There can be seen a number of cases of liver diseases across the globe but people in U.K are more with liver diseases like Hepatitis A, B, C, Liver Cirrhosis etc.
What Causes Liver Failure?
- Hepatitis b
- Hepatitis c
- Long term alcohol consumption
- Other chronic diseases
- Virus A, B, C
- Reaction to certain medicines
- Poison intake
What are the Symptoms of Liver Failure?
- Yellow color of skin and eye balls – jaundice
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low appetite
- Bleeding easily
- Abdominal swelling
- Pain in upper area of abdomen
- Disturbed mind
When to see a Doctor?
Liver failure can be life threatening. When you feel yellowish coloration of skin, nails, eyeballs etc. with other symptoms like pain in abdomen or mental confusion, see a doctor immediately.
What are Complications of Liver Failure?
- Bleeding disorders
- Kidney failure
- Cerebral edema
Dietary supplements to maintain healthy liver
Liver Care Pack by Planet Ayurveda helps to maintain a healthy liver. Let's know more about it.
- It is 100 percent natural
- Capsules contain standardized extracts which help to balance all the three doshas (physical energies).
- This maintains healthy liver and healthy metabolism.
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - 1 tsp twice daily with plain water after meal
- Liver Detox - 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
- Echinacea Capsules - 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 cap twice daily with plain water after meals
Where to buy Liver Care Pack?
If you want to buy Liver Care Pack, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/liver-care-pack.html
How long Dietary Supplements need to take?
Dietary supplements can be taken for few days, months and years too. It depends as per health condition and how you are advised to take. Dose can be decreased or increased accordingly.
Are Dietary Supplements safe to use for a long time?
Yes, these are totally safe to use for a long time. Dietary or nutritional supplements are natural so there is no side effect. One can use on regular basis.
What are Dietary Guidelines in Liver Failure?
- Avoid all sticky food items (refined flour, bakery products, rice, curd, and bananas etc.)
- Avoid packaged foods and beverages, fried and junk food, non veg. and all sour fruits and food items.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Choose all vegetables which are growing on climbers – Pumpkin, long gourd, round gourds, bottle gourds. You can use them to make soup or juice and also use them as vegetables.
- Beetroot, papaya, carrots, radish are good to have.
- Drink fresh Coconut water.
How Liver Failure can be prevented?
- Maintain proper hygiene
- Eat well. Opt for a healthy and natural diet including all groups and stay away from all kind of junk, fried and packed foods items.
- Say no to alcohol or take in moderation.
- Avoid wild mushrooms.
- Avoid contact with others blood or fluids.
- Get with hepatitis vaccine at time.
- Wash your hands after you use washrooms or you touch any food item.
- Do not use any toiletry items like blades, razors or toothbrush.
- Whenever you go for piercing or tattooing, make sure all the equipment are aseptic.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Make sure you use condom while having intercourse.