GOUT – A METABOLIC UNREST IN THE BODY!
Gout is a metabolic disorder associated with high uric acid levels in blood. Uric acid is a byproduct of protein metabolism in the body. It should be effectively eliminated from the body otherwise, it accumulates at various sites in the form of crystals of uric acid which cause arthritis and other problems of metabolism.
It is a commonly found arthritis in males and affects middle aged men most commonly.
JOINT INVOLVEMENT IN GOUT
Gout characteristically affects the smaller joints of the toes or the fingers initially. Bigger joint involvement comes much later into the picture.
GOUT AND OSTEOARTHRITIS
Gout symptoms are similar to those of osteoarthritis in many ways but, there are vast differences in terms of the causes and progression of the disease in either case.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A GOUT ATTACK?
Gout attack can occur suddenly at any point of time. It may wake you up in the middle of the night with severe pain in the big toe and inflammation that follows along with it.
The joint becomes red hot and hurts. Other joints that may similarly get involved in a gout attack are joints of the feet, ankle, knees, hands and wrist.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A GOUT ATTACK?
You should rest in bed during an attack of gout.
Putting an ice pack on the joint may ease the pain.
Do not cover the inflamed joint with any piece of cloth as it may irritate the joint even further.
A good pain relieving medicine can also be taken.
WHAT IS GUUGUL?
Guggulu is a popular herb in Ayurveda which helps in balancing the vata and the kapha body energies. The gum, resin and volatile oils of the herb are the main active parts of the plant which are responsible for all the vast uses of guggulu.
Guggulu is combined with a wide variety of herbs to produce formulations which are beneficial in various kinds of Vata, Pitta and Kapha disorders.
IS KISHORE GUGGUL DIFFERENT FROM GUGUL?
Guggul gum resin is always combined with some other herb or herbal extract as its consumption as a single product is not suitable.
Planet Ayurveda's Kishore guggulu is one such classical formulation prepared with guggulu along with 8 herbs and ghee.
It is a great herbal formulation that was originally mentioned in the ancient texts of Ayurveda, but is now prepared as a natural supplement by many companies. It is great for maintaining a healthy joint support in the body. It also helps bind the joints and the various muscles and ligaments together.
Kishore guggul helps support the skeletal system of the body naturally.
INGREDIENTS OF KISHORE GUGGUL
- Tinospora cordifolia - Guduchi
- Zingiber officianale - Ginger root
- Emblica officianalis - Amalaki
- Piper nigrum – Black pepper
- Piper Longum – Long pepper
- Terminalia bellerica – Vibhitaki
- Terminalia chebula – Haritaki
- Commiphora mukul – Guggul
2 -3 tablets, twice to thrice daily with plain water after meals.
Where to buy Kishore Guggulu?
To buy Kishore Guggulu, please visit store.planetayurveda.com
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE GOUT?
Although guggul supplements do not cause any side effects and are absolutely safe for consumption by everyone, there are certain measures that people can take to get maximum results from the use of Kishore guggul or any of the other guggul supplements.
When on guggul supplementation, the patient should avoid use of all kinds of cold products for ingestion or external use, for example-warm water should be preferred in place of normal or cold water for drinking, bathing etc.
Avoid direct exposure to cold and windy weather. Protect yourself by covering the whole of your body with clothes.
Guggulu should always be consumed after meals as ingestion of gugulu empty stomach may lead to gastritis, acidity etc.
In pregnant women, guggulu supplements can be avoided.
DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR GOUT
- Limit consumption of proteins by avoiding animal proteins and pulses. Look for protein options which can be safely consumed in case of Gout.
- Practice taking a low-salt diet which is particularly low in sodium which causes water retention in the body when consumed in excess.
- Include a lot of fibers in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits etc.
- Whole wheat food products should be preferred such as old cereals, barley, lentils which should be consumed with added ghee in ample amounts.
- Bitter gourd (karela), Bottle gourd (lauki), Ridge gourd (torai), Snake gourd (chichinda) should be taken generously in meals.
- Fenugreek leaves should be consumed in plenty.
- Green gram soup can be taken.
WHAT NOT TO EAT IF YOU HAVE GOUT?
Avoid foods that increase the Vata element and Kapha element in the body such as:-
- Cold foods such as ice creams, cold drinks, cold weather conditions, windy weather should be strictly avoided ( increase the vata element)
- High protein diet should be avoided like all meat, sea foods, pulses, egg and its various preparations.
- Avoid eating heavy, salty, spicy, pungent and sour things.
- Curd, alcoholic drinks, rice, milk and other dairy products should also be avoided (increase the kapha element in the body)
- Avoid mental stress, excessive physical activity, anger and excessive work load for better therapeutic results.
NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR MAINTAINING HEALTHY JOINT SUPPORT IN THE BODY
URIC ACID SUPPORT PACK
- Gorakhmundi Powder - 1 tea spoon full, with water, after meals.
- Punarnava Mandur - 2 Tablets, twice daily, with water after meals.
- Navakarshik Churna - 1 tea spoon full, twice daily, with water after meals.
- Kishore guggulu - 2 -3 tablets, twice to thrice daily with plain water after meals.
Where to buy Uric Acid Support Pack?
To buy Uric Acid Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com