VERTIGO - AYURVEDIC APPROACH
Vertigo is a nervous disorder that is characterized by headache, sensation of motion, nausea, vomiting, sweating, eye movements, hearing loss etc.
Ayurveda defines vertigo as Bhrama in Ayurveda. Vata, Pitta and Kapha are three energies of body that decide body nature and also health condition of body.
In Bhrama, Pitta dosha is involved. More consumption of oily, fried, spicy, sour food items, taking more stress, feeling more annoyed etc. can cause vitiation of pitta dosha in body which when combined with Vata doshas causes vertigo. It is associated with some of above said symptoms.
Vertigo is also known as dizziness. It is a condition where you feel that it's you or your environment that is moving or spinning. When you feel that it's you who is moving is called subjective vertigo and when you feel that it seems your environment is moving is objective vertigo.
BPPV- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is the commonest form of vertigo that can be characterized by brief sensation of motion that lasts for 15, 20 sec to few minutes. It is not a serious condition ajnd can be easily treated. Here is movement of head while initiating, like rolling on bed.
SYMPTOMS OF VERTIGO
There are many causes for this condition to happen -
- It can be causes due to the health conditions or problems related to brain or ear.
- It may cause due to decrease blood flow to the base of the brain. Bleeding in to the back of brain/ cerebral hemorrhage is characterized by vertigo, dizziness, difficulty in walking, headache etc.
- When there is inflammation in the inner ear it can also be characterized by vertigo, hearing loss etc. vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis is a bacterial or viral infection which causes inflammation.
- Meniere's diseases, a condition where there is buildup of fluid in inner ear and changing in ear pressure resulting in episodes of vertigo sometimes along with heal loss.
- Multiple sclerosis is an auto immune diseases where vertigo can be seen.
- Neck or head trauma may also result in the same.
- Migraine can also results in the vertigo. Vertigo usually followed by headaches but not always.
CAUSES OF VERTIGO
People with vertigo usually complains of following symptoms that they feel like -
- They are moving either environment is moving
- Moving to one direction
- Not able to stand
- Nausea, vomiting
- Eye movements
- Hear loss
NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR HEALTHY BRAIN
1. Shilajit Capsules
Shilajit is found predominantly in the Himalayan region bordering India, China, and Asia. It is a rock extract, which is brownish black hard paste like substance.
Shilajit contains minerals in ionic form, vitamins, fulvic acid and phytonutrients which help to maintain healthy body metabolism and digestion.
Shilajit, a food supplement maintains healthy urinary and male reproductive system.
Planet Ayurveda's Shilajit Capsules contain pure extract of Shilajit.
2. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi capsules of Planet Ayurveda are packed with standardized extract of brahmi. Brahmi is known as Bacopa monnieri scientifically. Brahmi maintains healthy brain.
Brahmi is a creeping herb with spreading branches that grows in marshy places. This is native to India.
It has small oval shaped green leaves that spread horizontally. Flowers are white- purplish with 4 to 5 petals. Fruit is oval and sharp at apex.
3. Memory Support
Memory Support capsules are packed with pure extracts of – Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and yastimadhu (Glycerrhiza glabra).
Vacha is called as sweet flag which is very common plant in gardens.
Shankhpushpi is beautiful flowered plant used widely in India.
Yastimadhu is also known as muhlethi in Hindi and licorice in English. It is used by most of the Indian people in kitchen to maintain healthy body.
Where to buy Vertigo Care Pack?
To buy Vertigo Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/vertigo-care-pack.html.
HOW LONG NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS CAN BE TAKEN?
Nutritional supplements can be taken on regular basis. As these are natural there is no point to worry about side effects. People can consume them as dietary supplements for few days to months or as per the requirement.
IS DIET IMPORTANT WHILE USING NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS?
It is always advised to opt for natural diet containing fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Use more vegetables like bottle guards, bitter melons, round gourd, ridge gourd, pumpkin etc.
- Drink coconut water
- Use cow's ghee (not advised in heart diseases)
- Avoid eating outside (junk, packed, fried food items)
- No soft drinks/alcohol
- Limit tea/coffee
- Exercise daily
- Practice yoga