Pelvic pain is present in both men and women. There can be a number of causes for this to happen.
Pelvic pain refers to pain the region of women's internal reproductive organs. There can be problem with reproductive organs like ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix etc. which may result in pelvic pain, it varies from mild to severe. It can be constant or on and off. It can radiate to lower back or thighs too.
Pelvic pain turns chronic when it persists for few months and this can be due to other internal organs like colon, bladder (non reproductive organs) so first thing is to rule out due to which symptoms take place and then accordingly one can go ahead with treatment.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF Pelvic Pain?
Here are few possible causes of pelvic pain in both males and females:-
- STD's (sexually transmitted diseases)
- Pelvic injury
- Urinary bladder disorders
- Kidneys stones
- Kidney infection
- Intestinal disorders
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Nerve conditions
POSSIBLE CAUSES IN FEMALES
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cysts
- Menstrual cramps
- Cervical cancer
- Ectopic pregnancy
IF WE TALK ABOUT SYMPTOMS
- May be mild to moderate to severe.
- Dull ache
- Feeling of pressure
- Pain comes and goes
- Sharp cramps
- Bloating of gas
- Pain while having intercourse
- Pain while passing stools
- Pain when one sits for a very long time.
METHODS WHICH HELP TO DIAGNOSE PELVIC PAIN
- Urine test
- Blood test
- Stool test
- CT scan of abdomen and pelvic region
- X Rays of abdomen and pelvic region
- Hysteroscopy (examination of uterus)
WHAT IS AYURVEDIC POINT OF VIEW FOR PELVIC PAIN?
Ayurveda, a science of life is natural health care system that originated in India more than 5000 years ago.
Ayurveda emphasizes prevention of health diseases and promotion of health and wellbeing.
Vata, Pitta and Kapha are three energies of body which decide individual's body nature and accordingly diet and life style is recommended. As everyone is different genetically, recommendations also varies person to person and also it depends upon the each season of the year.
According to Ayurveda, pelvic pain is due to vitiation of Vata and pitta dosha. Dietary and life style habits like intake of much sour, dry, spicy, hot, foods, having so much stress, tension, anger etc. cause vitiation of vat and pitta dosha which in turn leads to obstruction of body channels and takes its Adhisthan (seat) at pelvic region to present with symptoms as mentioned above.
Ayurveda believes that when there is equilibrium of doshas, dhatus and mala in body one is healthy and their imbalance causes health issue.
WHAT ARE NUTRITIONAL OR DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS?
Nutritional supplements or dietary supplements are natural products which are packed with vitamins and minerals. These help to maintain healthy body and can be taken on regular basis for few months or years as advised.
WHAT ARE DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS TO MAINTAIN HEALTHY MUSCLES AND BONES?
Planet Ayurveda has Hakam Churna, Sanjivani Vati and Yograj Guggul etc. to maintain healthy muscles and bones.
- Sanjivani Vati – 2 tablets twice or thrice daily with plain water after meals.
- Hakam Churna – One tsp. two times daily with plain water after meals.
- Yograj Guggulu - 2 tablets twice or thrice daily with plain water after meals.
Where to buy these Dietary Supplements?
To buy these dietary supplements, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products.html
HOW ABOUT PATHYA, APTHYA – WHAT TO TAKE/WHAT TO AVOID WHILE TAKING DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS?
- Prefer high fiber diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Coconut water is good to have
- Opt for vegetables like bottle gourd, bitter melons, ridge gourd, round gourd, pumpkin etc.
- Spinach, carrot, radish, papaya, apples, pears are good to have.
- Avoid using salt in excess
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Say no to all kind of junk, fried and spicy foods
- Limit non veg intake
- Do not take stress and relax your mind