Piles According to Ayurveda
Ayurveda is an ancient science having its roots in Indian soil. It is an old system of medicine which suggests the best ways to keep the body strong and healthy. For a healthy life it is very important for all our bodily functions to work in synchronization and one of the most important organs to maintain this sync is our digestive system.
According to Ayurvedic principles, any disease in the body is almost always linked to an imbalance in the digestive system of the body.
A faulty digestive system is the main culprit when it comes to the development of diseases like the ano - rectal disorders.
These disorders are of different types and one of them is piles. Piles, bleeding piles or hemorrhoids are small muscular and globular masses that develop in the rectal mucosa. They may be internal or external. Sometimes, piles may bleed as well, a condition which we call as hemorrhoids.
Whatever may be the reason, it is a very painful and discomforting disease which needs careful management of health and maintenance of proper diet besides active treatment so that the patient can experience lasting relief.
WHAT ARE PILES?
Piles are small cushioned masses of tissue which usually develop in the anal mucosa. In most people, they remain asymptomatic and are left unnoticed throughout the life span. In others, they may develop to varying degrees causing troublesome symptoms.
SYMPTOMS OF PILES
- Bleeding with bright red blood which may be passed along with stools at the time of defecation.
- Severe pain around the anus
- Itching and irritation at the anal orifice
- Slimy fluid may be passed from the anal orifice which may soil the undergarments.
GRADING OF PILE MASS
Pile masses can be graded into four categories according to the degree of the prolapsed pile mass.
Grade - 1
The pile mass in this case is usually internal and seldom comes out. Bleeding may occur at times.
Grade - 2
In this case, pile mass may become inflamed and come out upon exertion. It may be reduced back spontaneously without the need for any digital reduction.
Grade - 3
In this case, pile mass may prolapse along with feces or at other times without feces as well (upon exertion) and does not go back inside spontaneously. Digital reduction of the pile mass is required in such cases.
Grade - 4
Similar to grade - 3 pile masses. Grade - 4 pile masses are also the same in that they also get spontaneously prolapsed along with feces. The only difference is that it is impossible to reduce them back even with fingers.
In complicated cases, the prolapsed pile masses may develop tension and can bleed as well apart from causing severe pain in such situations.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MANAGE PILES AT HOME?
Here is a list of a few things that can be easily done at home to maintain piles problem and to prevent it from aggravating in a similar case.
- Keep your genitals clean and maintain your undergarment area dry and moisture free.
- Always be gentle while cleaning the anal area in case of piles. You can use a soft toilet paper or a dry wipe for that.
- Always wear clean and skin friendly undergarments which are completely dry. They should also not be too tight for you as they may aggravate the problem and make you uncomfortable as well.
- Never scratch the area or touch it with dirty hands.
- It is very important to maintain regular bowel movement. Avoid constipation and similar problems by eating a high fiber diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Never strain while passing stools. If you see or feel a pile mass coming out, gently push it inwards and try to keep your anal area relaxed.
- Keep yourself well hydrated, drink plenty of water and maintain high fluid intake throughout the day to detoxify the digestive system.
- Take Sitz bath if you have a lot of pain and inflammation at the site of the pile mass.
ARE THERE ANY NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR PILES?
Natural supplements do not offer a sure shot treatment for any health condition. What they do instead is to provide a healthy way of maintaining our body in good shape.
There are many dietary supplements available which can be used by people to enjoy a healthy life. Planet Ayurveda is a known brand, highly reputed for producing high quality products which are helping people all over the world.
PLANET AYURVEDA'S NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR HEALTHY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
Planet Ayurveda has a range of natural supplements that work wonders for the people and help in a great way to support a strong and healthy mind and body.
It has many groups of products which all together help to maintain the digestive system healthy and cater to the needs of all the people in general.
- Kanchanaar Guggul - 2 tablets, two times in a day with plain water.
- Vara Churna - 1 tsf, morning and evening with warm water.
- Sanjivani Vati - 2 Tabs, thrice daily after meals.
- Piles Off Capsules - 2 capsules, twice daily with plain water.
- Nirgundi Oil and Drift Ointment - External use as directed by physician.
Where to buy Piles Care Pack?
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/piles-care-pack.html.