Herbal Remdey to Reduce Body Swelling, Edema
Punarnava mandur is one of the best classical Ayurvedic herbal remedy to reduce body swelling. It is purely a natural product without causing any side effects and is being used Ayurveda physicians worldwide since ages. This herbal remedy reduces body swelling without causing any side effects.
Causes of Body Swelling
- Weak Heart ( Congestive heart failure, Pump failure, Cardiomyopathies)
- Weak Kidneys ( Renal Failure, Nephrotic syndrome and many others)
- Weak Liver ( Liver failure, hepatitis, jaundice, liver cirrhosis)
- Swelling around joints – Due to arthritis of any type.
Generalized swelling is also known as Anasarca in medical terminology. It is also referred to as edema. Edema is a medical condition characterized by excessive accumulation of fluid within the body’s tissues. The fluid build up rapidly increases the weight of the person.
The swelling can be all over the body, under the skin, in the feet or ankles, under eyes or all over the body.
The swelling on the body may be pitting or non-pitting edema. Pitting edema is a type of swelling that leaves an indentation in the skin when the swollen area is pushed on for five seconds and then quickly removed. Non-pitting edema, on the other hand, does not leave a pit.
A certain amount of slight body swelling is considered normal during warmer months. This is particularly true for people who walk or stand a lot throughout the day. In addition, a pregnant woman may experience a slight amount of swelling from the stress of carrying a child. In both cases, there is generally no cause for concern.
It is also possible for swelling in the body to be caused by severe illness, particularly when the swelling is generalized. A person experiencing massive swelling should seek medical attention immediately, as it can indicate a serious progressive or chronic illness.
Some illnesses that can cause swelling include heart failure, chronic kidney disease, acute glomerulonephritis, nephritic syndrome, thyroid disease, and liver failure resulting from cirrhosis. Burns, both from fire and from the sun, can also cause swelling. Malnutrition, excessive salt intake, and too little albumin in the blood are other possible causes.
Certain drugs can also cause swelling in body. Common drugs that can lead to swelling include antihypertensives, androgenic steroids, anabolic steroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and calcium channel blockers. Carticosteroids can also cause swelling, as they encourage retention of sodium.
How to reduce Swelling in the body?
Usually diuretics are given to reduce the swelling in the body. There are quick results but sometimes there are side effects causing concern regarding their use. There are some herbal remedies available today which are useful in all types of body swelling.
The best herbal remedy to reduce swelling in the body is Punarnava Mandur. This is an effective herbal remedy to reduce swelling not only from the body but also from swollen joints, fatty liver due to ascites, water retention or fluid accumulation due to renal failure or heart failure.
Punarnava Mandoor - Herbal Remedy to reduce swelling
Punarnava mandur is a traditional Ayurvedic formulation which is prescribed in conditions like Anemia, Jaundice, pedal edema or generalized edema, Swelling and fluid accumulcation, fluid retention in feet. It is also a best herbal remedy for ascites, Disorders associated with Liver and Spleen, Skin diseases, Kidney diseases, fluid retention due to kidney failure or liver failure.
Punarnava mandur tablets work as natural diuretic. They clear away the accumulated fluid quickly without causing side effects.
Punarnava mandur tablets are classical ayurvedic tablets for many health conditions. It is an excellent herbal remedy to improve blood count, improve blood quality, remove toxins from the blood, help in decreasing urea/creatinine, cholesterol and other toxins. These are natural diuretic tablets. Punarnava Mandur helps in ascits, renal failure, liver failure, fluid accumulation, swelling, puffy eyes, glaucoma, anemia, fatty liver and many other problems related with accumulation of fluid in the body tissues.
Ingredients of Punarnava Mandur tablets
Each Tablet is 500 mg
- Boerhaavia diffusa (Punarnava),
- Zingiber officinale (Shunti),
- Piper longum (Pippali),
- Piper nigrum (Maricha),
- Emblica officinalis (Amalaki),
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki),
- Piper chaba (Chavya),
- Curcuma longa (Haridra),
- Embelia ribes (Vidanga),
- Plumbago zeylanica (Chitrak Mool),
- Ferric oxide calx (Mandoor Bhasma)
Processed in Bos primigenius urina.
Ref. Ayurvedic Text - Bhaishajya Ratnavali/Chapter of Anemia
1. Boerhaavia diffusa - The roots are diuretic, emetic, expectorant, laxative, reduce swelling and accumulated fluid. It also possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant and anti-fibrinolytic properties. They are used in the treatment of asthma, edema, anemia, jaundice, ascites, scanty urine and internal inflammation. It is useful also in enlargement of spleen, and anti-stress agent. This is an excellent herbal remedy for fluid retention.
2. Zingiber officinale - It is an excellent stimulant and carminative, and is useful for dyspepsia, nausea and colic. It is also useful in lowering the cholesterol, and has properties like blood thinning and hence useful in Heart diseases. It is useful in reducing the joint pains and inflammation. It also reduces swelling around joints and helps to reduce the fluid accumulation.
3. Piper longum - It is a powerful stimulant for both digestive and respiratory systems. It stimulates the appetite and dispels gas from the intestine and also effective in alleviating respiratory disorders like cough, bronchitis and asthma. It is useful in alleviating inflammations and muscular pain. Also as cholagogue in obstruction of bile duct and gall bladder. It reduces overall swelling and fluid accumulation.
4. Piper nigrum - It is useful as a digestive stimulant and carminative. It also aids in alleviating pain. It is a good herbal remedy to reduce swelling and inflammation. It is also a very good natural diuretic.
5. Emblica officinalis - It is anti-bacterial, carminative, hypoglycemic, stomachic, hypotensive and astringent action. It is acrid, cooling and diuretic. It has anti-oxidative, anti-hepatotoxic, immuno-modulator and resistance building properties. It is a cardio tonic and helps in controlling blood pressure. It is useful in treating ulcers, hyperacidity and jaundice.it is also a natural diuretic.
6. Terminalia belerica - It is an astringent and acts as a laxative. It is effective in treating constipation and arrests bleeding. It is also useful in treating stomach disorders such as indigestion and diarrhea.
7. Piper chaba - It is anti-microbial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and anti –diarrheal. It is also useful as a digestive stimulant and carminative. it is also a natural diuretic.
8. Curcuma longa - It has anti-bacterial properties. It is useful as a blood purifier and useful in diseases like common cold, leprosy, and diseases of the liver, inflammation and useful for wound healing. It is also useful in treating cancer and jaundice.It also reduces swelling, pedal edema and helps to get rid of excessive fluid accumulation.
9. Embelia ribes - It is useful in treating intestinal worms, skin diseases, flatulence, colic, constipation, cough, asthma, bronchitis and general weakness. It is also a very good natural diuretic.
10. Plumbago zeylanica - It is useful as a carminative and diaphoretic. It is useful in digestive disorders. It also reduces inflammation, swelling and reduce fluid accumulation.
11. Mandoor bhasma - It is prepared by purifying and calcinating iron rust. Since it is purified and used in mild dosage and mixed with other herbs, it is safe to have it. Acts as a powerful haematinic, diuretic and useful in treating diseases like anemia, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, edema, intestinal worms, dyspepsia, chronic bowel movements and jaundice. It is most useful in liver diseases and also in kidney disease and enlargement of spleen. It not only removes toxins from the blood but also help to reduce edema, swelling around joint, fluid accumulation in the feet, heart and other parts of the body.
Method of preparation
Mandoor (Ferric oxide) is purified and boiled in cow’s urine till it becomes a thick liquid like consistency. Then the powders of the above herbs are added and stirred well. While it is warm, tablets are prepared.
Dosage of Punarnava Mandur tablets
2 tablets twice daily with plain water or as directed by the physician.
Where to buy Punarnava Mandur?
To buy Punarnava Mandur, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/punarnava-mandoor.html
Contraindications, Cautions, Safety
Punarnava Mandur tablets can be taken without harm as they do not have any side effects. Punarnava Mandur tablets can be taken with any other medicines which are already being taken. They just supplement the medicines. The dosage can be reduced of the diuretics as and when required basis as this helps to reduce fluid accumulation. The doctor can also reduce the dosage depending upon the condition. They are also good for anemia. The iron tablets can be stopped or supplemented with this herbal remedy.
Natural Herbal Tablets to reduce swelling, reduce pedal edema. It is a best herbal remedy to reduce body swelling around joints, swelling in the feet, reduce fluid accumulation in the feet. It is also a natural herbal remedy for ascites due to liver failure or kidney failure.