WHAT IS PSORIASIS?
Psora means itch/ scale and asis means condition. Psoriasis is a noninfectious, inflammatory, autoimmune and chronic skin disease which causes hyper proliferation of skin. It is characterized by dry skin and raised, rough, red areas on the skin covered with fine silvery scales. Psoriasis mainly occurs on knees, elbows, lower back and scalp. It is caused due to the abrupt proliferation of the skin layers due to excessive division of the cell in the basic skin layer. Psoriasis affects the skin and nails. It is not life threatening but it can be painful and may cause psychological as well as emotional stress. It is often seen in people between 15 to 40 yrs. of age.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF PSORIASIS?
- Hyper active immune system overreacts, causing inflammation and flaking of skin.
- Abnormality in the skin growth mechanism
- Genetic factor
- Trauma on skin like cuts, bruises or burns, some medicines or skin irritants
- Environmental factors such as sunlight, infection, emotional stress, climatic changes etc.
- Consumption of opposite foods (such as fish and milk together)
- Excessive smoking, alcohol consumption
- Mental stress or psychological trauma
WHAT ARE SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS?
- The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person.
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches or plaques and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet
- Dry, cracked, bleeding skin
- Joint swelling, tenderness and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
WHAT ARE ITS TYPES?
- Plaque psoriasis - Patches of raised, reddish skin covered by silvery-white scale
- Psoriatic arthritis - It causes inflammation of the joints.
- Guttate psoriasis - Small, red spots on the skin
- Pustular psoriasis - White pustules surrounded by red skin
- Inverse psoriasis - Smooth, red lesions form in skin folds
- Erythrodermic psoriasis - widespread redness, severe itching, and pain
HOW TO DIAGNOSE PSORIASIS?
Psoriasis is diagnosed by examining the skin. Since psoriasis look like eczema and other skin diseases, a biopsy is done to determine the disease. Swollen and painful joints can be symptom of psoriatic arthritis hence a blood tests and take X-rays is done to rule out other forms of arthritis.
WHAT IS AYURVEDIC APPROACH TO PSORIASIS?
Psoriasis is considered as the vitiation of Vata and Kapha. Accumulation of toxins, consumption of opposite foods, stressed lifestyle, suppression of natural urges, excessive intake of yoghurt, black gram, sea food, sour and salted food can increase the risk of psoriasis. Alcohol, smoking and tobacco consumption acts as a catalyst. Ayurveda do emphasize on the effect of stress in the pathogenesis of psoriasis.
According to Ayurveda, Vata and Pitta doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of toxins. These toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to Psoriasis.
NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR HEALTHY SKIN
Dosage / Usage
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Manjistha Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Neem Capsules - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
- Lippu Oil - Apply Locally on the lesions, after bath, expose to Sun light for 3 minutes.
- Psorolin Ointment - Apply locally on the lesions at night
Where to buy PSORA Care Pack?
If you want to buy PSORA Care Pack, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/psoriasis-care-pack.html
HOW LONG NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS NEED TO TAKE?
One can take nutritional supplements on regular basis.
As everyone is different genetically, response of medicines varies person to person also time duration too. One can take for few months or years as advised.
RECOMMENDED DIET & LIFESTYLE
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowels, etc.
- Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy workout, traveling, a long walk, etc.
- Do not consume heavy food or foods which cause indigestion.
- Avoid eating too much of salty, sour or acidic foods
- Avoid sleeping during day time
- Say no to radish, sesame, jiggery, curds, fish and other sour foods