Diabetes is a long term, complex and metabolic disease. Diabetes results the increase in blood sugar levels, either due to inadequate production of insulin or inability of body cells to respond for insulin, but in some cases both the factors together are present. There are various problems associated with the high sugar level in the blood, like it can damage nerves and blood vessels. This condition can leads into the series of complications like stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, blindness, dental disease, depression and pregnancy problems.
In Ayurveda Diabetes is known as Madhumeha. According to Ayurveda, the existence of this disease is due to the imbalance of three doshas - Kapha, Pitta and Vata. These three body energies should be balanced to maintain the healthy body. In the initial state of diabetes, there is Kapha imbalance and with the excessive accumulation of "earth", it disseminates throughout the tissues, which blocks the urinary channels and results in the Vata dysfunction. Then it causes various urinary infections and leads into the excess of pitta.
Types of diabetes
- Type I diabetes is the condition of the body where no insulin is produced. It is not very common, as only 10% cases worldwide are diagnosed in this type. It develops in early teenage years, so it is also known as insulin dependent or juvenile diabetes.
- Type II diabetes occurs when human body is unable to produce adequate amount of insulin for proper functioning of the body. In some cases the body cells does not react in response to insulin that is the other reason for its existence. Around 90% cases worldwide are of type II diabetes. It is a progressive disease and condition worsens gradually if it is not taken care of.
- Gestational Diabetes is only reported among pregnant women, as some of them are unable to produce sufficient insulin and results in the increase in the blood sugar. It is not a permanent diabetic condition, as after delivery the patient's blood sugar becomes normal.
- Insulin resistance
- Genetic Factors
- Autoimmune disorders
- Environmental factors like viruses, food and toxins
- Obesity and physically High blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Delayed wound healing
- Sexual dysfunction
- Numbness and tingling in limbs.
- Blurred vision
- Polyuria (frequent urination)
- Polyphagia (intense hunger)
- Polydipsia (frequent thirst)
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain.
Is there any effective herbal remedy for diabetes?
Diabetes is not a curable disease but can be managed with herbal remedies. Natural supplements are good to have on regular basis to maintain healthy glucose level. Try to opt for natural supplements which are with pure extracts so that better results can be achieved.
What are dietary supplements by PLANET AYURVEDA for healthy glucose?
Planet Ayurveda has put together couple of wonderful ingredients to formulate healthy glucose support pack – 1.
- Fenugreek Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Karela Capsules - 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
- Diabeta Plus - 2 Capsules twice daily after meals.
- Madhumehantak Churna - 1 – 2 tea spoon full twice daily with plain water, after meals.
Where to buy Diabetes Care Pack?
To buy Diabetes Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/diabetes-care-pack.html
Preventive measures for diabetes
- Eat healthy - Opt for fiber rich foods, whole grain, fruits and vegetables. Say no fat and high calories foods.
- Work out - Walk and exercises must be part of daily routine. At least walk for 30 min two times in a day.
- Lose extra pounds - Try to maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight or obese try to lose extra pounds. Keep in your mind the health complications of obesity like diabetes, hypertension, joint problems, fatty liver and so many.