Uses and Benefits of Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules is very beneficial herbal medicine for fatigue, stress, anxiety, palpitation, aging, nervous breakdown, neuropathy due to diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, loss of weight due to cancer or diabetes or any other reason.
Regular use of Ashwagandha capsules brings the strength back to muscles, Relieves the muscle spasms, fatigue and calms down the system. It is a nerve tonic, enhances stamina physical as well as mental. It can be given to growing children, as well as to old age people.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
Planet Ayurveda Ashwagandha capsules contain standardized root extract of Withania somnifera herb. Withania somnifera is rich in natural alkaloids having properties of stress relief, anxiety relief, improving stamina, helping in diabetic neuropathy and getting rid of tiredness.
Following benefits of Ashwagandha capsules are evident within few days of using them:
- Muscle fatigue and neck/ back stiffness
- Joint pains
- Arthritis of all types
- Calf myalgia ( Lower leg pains )
- Blood Pressure
- Insomnia – that's why the name Withania somnifera
- Muscle Power and Stamina - Ashwa – literally means "horse"
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Weakness due to Diabetes
- Erectile dysfunction and low sperm count, premature ejaculation
Ashwagandha - Anti-Ageing herb
The anti-aging effects of Ashwagandha are seen when it is regularly consumed by a person. It shows following significant improvements in hemoglobin, red blood cell counts, hair melanin concentrations, and serum cholesterol concentrations are reduced.
Ashwagandha for Stress
Ashwagandha is known to increase stress resistance, improves memory-related performances, and protects the individual against the stress-induced responses as anxiety, and physiological imbalances. Thus Ashwagandha shows an "anti-stressor" effect. Ashwagandha suppresses stress-induced increases of dopamine receptors within the brain. In addition, Ashwagandha exhibits an antidepressive effect.
Ashwagandha - A miracle herb with vast variety of uses
Following are the indications:-
- Ashwagandha is one of the most important adaptogens in the Ayurvedic system of medicine.
- It suppresses pain resulted from any cause. This property is due toushan virya potency, which helps in eradicating vatathe main reason for initiation of pain in the body.
- Results with very beneficial effects are seen in diseases like Amavata (rheumatoid arthritis), sandhi gata vata (Osteoarthritis), vatarakt (gout), gridhasi (sciatica) and other vata dosha diseases.
- It works as an anti-inflammatory therefore helps in reducing the swellings and restoring blood supply.
Its local application also has tremendous results in lymphadenopathy, goiter and on any body part which is inflamed and in pain.
Possesses healing properties which are very beneficial in healing wounds and injuries.
- Ashwagandha relieves stress due to properties which help in the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- It even provides calmness and mental satisfaction in mind due to its penetrating powers, which helps to counter negative adaptogens.
- It helps against the feeling of numbness and burning sensation within the extremities.
- Ashwagandha provides the nourishment to the brain for proper functioning and a greater ability to work.
- It is often given to an individual who regularly suffers from vertigo, unconsciousness, and depression as it helps in curbing mental and physical weakness.
- Improves mental ability, even improves the retaining capacity of brain and improves concentration.
- Increases muscular endurance and builds up the stamina.
- Ashwagandha Revitalizes body and curbs down fatigue caused due to accumulation of negative energies within in the body.
- Works as a rasayan i.e. a substance that helps in occurrence of early aging and rejuvenates whole of the body to provide youth.
- A powerful immune booster for resisting any foreign invasion of the body.
Has antioxidant properties help in the scavenging of the free radicals and delay the process of early aging.
- Also enhances the sexual capability of an individual and endurance due to it aphrodisiac properties.
- Ashwagandha also increases the sperm count.
- It has great results in leucorrhoea, as it possesses the properties that suppress kapha.
- Ashwagandha is one of the herb which is used in relieving hypertension.
- It an excellent supplement providing strength to heart muscles and helps it in its normal functioning.
- Ashwagandha even possesses the properties which helps it to behave as a diuretic therefore is very beneficial in urinary tract infections (UTI).
- Ashwagandha- due to its properties also helps to bring about physical strength and endurance in individuals which are physically weak or are recovering from prolonged illness or a major surgery.
- Further it is even beneficial in the upper respiratory infections and the asthmatic condition.
Preparations and Formulations of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is used in Ayurvedic medicine in powder, decoction, and medicated wine, mixed with clarified butter, combined with honey or sugar syrup, capsules or as medicated oil. The most common form is as an alcoholic extract or capsules, of the powdered root.
||3-6 grams daily or up to 5 to 10 grams as an occasional tonic
||16 to 31 grams added to heated cow’s milk
||2 Tblsp., 2-4 times daily.
|Mixed with ghee or honey
||1 tsp. 2 times daily
|Narayana Taila Oil
||Internally, 3-10 drops; or freely applied externally to painful, arthritic joints.
||1-3 capsules twice daily, with plain water , after meals
||Vata - Pitta = Kapha +
Some Traditional and Non-Traditional Ayurvedic Combinations Using Ashwagandha
- Uses of Ashwagandha for Local applications - Is very effective in suppressing the inflammation and is also very helpful in reduction of pain on the part to which it is applied. A paste made out of the powder is used for this purpose then is applied on the affected part.
- Digestive system - It is considered to be a very good appetizer. It is also helps in the promotion of the appetite. The properties of Ashwagandha make it highly beneficial in diseases as worm infestation. Ashwagandha is also effective in reducing the spasm relieving from pain in abdomen.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for the Cardiovascular system - It is a wonderful remedy for decreasing hypertension. It is highly recommended in high blood pressure and is also very helpful in improving the blood circulation effectively. It is also helpful in reducing the inflammation in the body.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for Respiratory system - It is very effective in expelling out the mucus that gets accumulated in the respiratory tract. It is also effective in the treatment of the asthmatic conditions and is also increases the respiratory volume.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for the Nervous system - it is the best nerve tonic. It tones up the entire nervous system. It is very effective in treating the nervous system disorders. As it is vata modulator, it nourishes the nervous system as all the activities of the nervous system are performed by vata. It is also a good brain tonic and hence it is widely used as a brain revitalizer.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for Endocrinal system - Ashwagandha is extremely helpful in balancing the hormonal secretion in the body. Any disruption or irregularities in the endocrinal system would have an adverse effect on the functioning of the body. Ashwagandha has comprised of certain compounds and alkaloid in it that are extremely beneficial in normalizing the hormonal activities so that in turn the whole body works as a healthy unit.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for the Reproductive system - Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful aphrodisiac agents, which encourages sexual desires but also provides body with the suitable energies that are required to fulfill those desires. It revitalizes the body and then makes it strong enough just like a horse. It is also helpful in increasing the sperm count and also benefiting the quality also. It increases libido and endurance in males. As per women are concerned it is helpful in reducing any kind of inflammation in the vagina and uterus providing them with a healthy and disease free.
- Uses of Ashwagandha for the Excretory system - Ashwagandha also acts as a diuretic agent. It helps in proper excretion of the urine thereby keeping the excretory tract clean and disease free. It is therefore helpful in conditions like reoccurring urinary tract infection and renal calculi
- Ashwagandha for Skin - It is extremely beneficial in skin related problems and it acts as kushtgana i.e. an herb that is helpful in treating the skin related problems. It is beneficial in skin problems like eczema, scars and even in psoriasis.
- Ashwagandha as Anti-oxidant - Ashwagandha is an Adaptogenic agent. It has powerful antioxidant properties and is extremely supportive in scavenging the free radicals that are the main reason for the senile changes occurring in the body. Ashwagandha falls in the category of rasayan i.e. the rejuvenator that not only stops the aging but is also helps in completely transforming the body into a youth. Ashwagandha is chemically loaded with certain agents that have anti-oxidant properties
- Ashwagandha as Aphrodisiac - this herb can be known as the Indian Ginseng. Ashwagandha is an aphrodisiac agent that boosts the sexual life. Ashwagandha besides being mentioned in the very first chapter of Ayurvedic book of medicine Charka Samhita, and is also found in Kamasutra. It also increases the sperm count.
- Ashwagandha for Anxiety - Ashwagandha is an herb, which is extremely supportive in decreasing the anxiety levels within the body. It helps in relaxing the body by means of releasing spasm in the arteries as well as in muscles. It is also helpful in improving the blood circulation in the body thereby facilitating the proper nourishment of body cells.
- Ashwagandha as Mood enhancer - Ashwagandha is an herb that has the properties that make it a mood enhancer. It has certain anti depressant agents that are very beneficial to relieve from the depressant state of mind. It also has certain elements in its chemical constituent that are very supportive in releasing the spasm from the muscles making them calm and helps in attaining a relaxed state. It stimulates the growth of axons and dendrites present in the nerve cell
- Ashwagandha as Brain tonic - Ashwagandha is an herb that is helpful in suppressing vata aggravation. As per Ayurveda, in old age a person naturally acquires aggravated vata condition. It is widely given in old age to maintain the normal levels of vata in the body. Ashwagandha has the potential to influence certain neurotransmitters. This activity leads to the enhancing of the mental activities. Reduced blood pressure – Ashwagandha is extremely beneficial in treating heart -related problems. It is extremely helpful in reducing the spasms from the arteries and muscles therefore help in relaxing the body. Ashwagandha is really effective in reducing various abnormalities of the heart.
- Ashwagandha for Decreased / increased sugar levels - Ashwagandha has been found beneficial in hyperglycemic conditions. The role of Ashwagandha in high blood sugar, high cholesterol levels and diuretic nature is very appreciative. There is a visible amount of decrease in the blood sugar levels when Ashwagandha is consumed orally in powdered form as compared to other blood sugar lowering medicines. There is a noticeable decrease in the cholesterol levels and an increase in the sodium level in the urine. It is also observed that there is a decrease in LDL levels and increase in HDL levels showing the potential of Ashwagandha in hyperglycemic and hypercholesterolemia levels
- Increases the immunity - Ashwagandha is known for its wonderful properties and works as a good immunity enhancer. It develops the body and promotes growth. It is very helpful in suppressing any kind or foreign invasion in the body. Ashwagandha acts as the immune stimulant especially for the elderly people.
- Ashwagandha as Anti-inflammatory and Anti - tuberous - Ashwagandha, since centuries has been widely used for any kind of inflammation or an oedematous growth within the body. Ashwagandha has herb of choice in maintaining vata to an appropriate levels in the body. Vata is considered as the major contributing factor for causing edema and inflammations. Ashwagandha is also helpful in treating tumors. Even metastasis tumors have also been seen cured with the regular use of Ashwagandha. Ayurvedic physicians in India have used it extensively. Thus Ashwagandha has anti-tumerous properties and inhibits any kind of tumor growth in the body.
The various preparations that are described in Ayurvedic medicine or Ras Shastra of Ashwagandha are as following:
Decocation prepared with Ashwagandha.
2. Ashwagandha ghrit
A preparation in which the herb Ashwagandha is prepared with the Ghee.
3. Ashwagandha choorna
Finely crushed powdered form of the preparation of the Ashwagandha root.
4. Ashwagandha valeha
Within this preparation of the drug it is formed in such a way that a paste form is produced that can be licked by the patient.
A preparation that comprises of the Ashwagandha and ginger or Shunthi as its major constituents while other drugs are taken in smaller proportions.
Ashwagandha preparation made in ghee is prepared for children
6. Maharasnadi yoga
Ashwagandha preparation widely used as a painkiller by ayurvedic practitioners.
7. Askandapaka or Ashwagandha Pak
it is also a preparation in which Ashwagandha is in major amount.
Quantity of these preparation that should be consumed by the patients or is to be prescribed by the practitioner:
Ashwagandha Choorna (powder) - 3 to 6 grams
- Ashwagandha Arisht (decoction) - 15 to 20 ml
- Ashwagandha Ghrit (ghee) - 3 to 5 ml
- Ashwagandha Capsules (350 to 500 mg) - 1 or 2
- Ashwagandha Syrups - 5 to 10 ml
- Ashwagandha Avleha (paste) - 3 to 6 grams
Where to buy Ashwagandha Capsules?
To buy Ashwagandha Capsules, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/ashwagandha-capsules.html