Home Remedies and Ayurvedic Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia
Our body is innervated with various types of nerves that carry sensory signals to our brain, which in turn help us to feel different senses. A damage to these nerves may cause severe complications.
Trigeminal Neuralgia is one of such very painful neuropathic disorder (disease caused by the impairment of nerves). Trigeminal nerve is an important nerve in our face that carries out various sensory functions like touch, pain, temperature, pressure etc. A damage to this nerve causes trigeminal neuralgia. The pain lasts for few seconds only, but very intense. The pain is triggered by a slight touch of the area near the nerve. It affects only one side of the face. In rare cases it affects both sides.
This disorder is considered as the most painful disorder known to mankind. It is also known as suicide disease because of its intense pain. The disorder affects our day to day life activities like talking, eating, shaving etc. A variety of treatment is available for this disorder and can be managed very effectively.
Causes of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Trigeminal Neuralgia is caused by the malfunction of the blood vessel, which presses and damages the trigeminal nerve. Other causes include accidents or tumour in the regions of the nerve, multiple sclerosis, brainstem disease etc.
Major Symptoms of Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Intense pain in the facial region during chewing, brushing teeth shaving etc.
- The pain can be felt around eyes, lips, scalp, jaws and forehead
- The pain begins at the angle of the jaws and proceeds through the junction lines of maxillary and mandibular lines.
- The pain will be severe like an electric shock.
- Patients hold their face while talking.
People getting affected with Trigeminal Neuralgia
The disorder occurs in 12 people of one lakh people in a population. It mainly affects the people at the age group above age 50. It is common in women than men. Popular Bollywood star Salman Khan was diagnosed trigeminal neuralgia in 2011 and underwent surgery for it in USA.
Herbal Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Planet Ayurveda, the leading herbal products manufacturer has provided some of the effective herbal remedies. These herbal treatments are considered the safest, natural and side effect free means of treatment. The Combo pack for Trigeminal Neuralgia, provided by Planet Ayurveda is a pure blend of herbs for providing effective and safe relief from the disorder. This set of herbal medicines make an excellent ayurvrdic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia
The Combo pack for the treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia includes four major Ayurveda herbal medication. These taken in right dosage at the prescribed duration helps to get relief from Trigeminal Neuralgia. The following are the components of the combo pack.
- Hakam Churna - Hakam Churan is an anti-inflammatory herbal mix, which helps to overcome various painful conditions like Trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica, Rhematoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis and stiffness in the back. Hakam Churan is a mixture of four pure herbs namely Hakon, Kalongi, Methi and Ajwain.
- Boswellia Curcumin - Boswellia Curcumin capsules has anti-inflammatory properties. It effectively gives relief from joint pains without any side effects. Along with Trigeminal Neuralgia, it is also used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, cervical spondylitis, chronic colitis, Asthma, allergies, Chrohn’s disease, brain tumours and all types of cancers.
- Yograj Guggulu - Yograj guggulu is a classical formulation prepared with the popular Ayurveda medicinal herb guggulu along with 27 other herbs and ghee. The herbal combination has no side effects and has shown successful results in the treatment of muscular-skeletal and nervous disorders. In addition, Yograj Guggulu is used in curing digestive disorders worm infestation, female reproductive system disorders, splenomegaly and abdominal tumours. It is also a good immuno-modulator and lipid lowering agent. Hence, it is used to control obesity.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - Ashwagandha capsules are major neuropathic medication, which is also used treat debilitating conditions, fatigue, stress, anxiety, palpitation, ageing etc.Proper medication of this capsule can give relief to muscles. For children, it can be given as a nerve tonic, which can improve their physical stamina and mental health. The capsule can be used by both children and adults. The bottle contains 60 capsules which can be taken twice a day for one month.
Where to buy Trigeminal Neuralgia Care Pack?
To buy Trigeminal Neuralgia Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/trigeminal-neuralgia-care-pack.html
Some wonderful home remedies for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Betel leaf - betel leaves are analgesic and very cool in nature. One can make paste of its leaves with water to apply on head. It has excellent results and give immediate relief.
- Thyme - Or called Azwain in Hindi. Also known as bishop’s weed. Fumes of it are used to treat this condition. One can have internally as well. It is superb home remedy for trigeminal neuralgia. Definite person sees great changes.
- Garlic - garlic is very good herb explain in Ayurveda for conditions when they are associated with inflammation and pain. Apply layer of it on affected area to have immediate relief. One can chew slowly one or 2 pods.
- Milk with turmeric - for better results make a habit of having one glass of milk mixed with half to one tsp of turmeric. Use this home remedy on a regular basis for complete cure.
- Cloves - called laung in Hindi. Its herb known for its aroma. Fumes can be taken to reduce the symptoms. It soothes the whole nervous system and reduces inflammation and blockage.
- Lemon water - Have one glass of Luke warm water mixed with half of lemon juice to subside the gas and improve digestive system. Intern it will help to reduce the headache.