Customer Care : +91-172-521-4030, email@example.com
Gout is an health condition characterized by accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints, causing irritation, itching, pain, inflamation especially hurting the big toe. This build up stems from a defect in protein metabolism resulting in over production of uric acid, or reduced elimination of uric acid from kidneys.
Gout can develop without any other associated disease but can also occur with diabetes, obesity, anemia, kidney problems, drug side effects, excessive consumption of proteins in diet like red meat, lentils and other protein rich foods.
Herbal treatment for gout consists of herbs which help to eliminate nitrogenous waste products, soothing agents, cooling, liver cleansers and blood purifiers. A diet high in vegetables, fruits, grains and legumes is helpful to treat gout and reduce uric acid level. Avoid meat and restrict protein intake to about 30-40 grams per day.
There are many herbs to treat gout naturally and lower down uric acid levels. The herbs used in western herbal medicine are:-
These herbs act as elimination enhancers, anti-inflammatory, liver cleansers, diuretics, analgesics and blood purifers.
Ayurveda offers very effective herbal remedies for gout offering quick relief from gout and painful joint conditions. These herbs work in a synergistic manner and provide excellent results within few days of use. These herbs work at different levels of protein metabolism and help reduce the uric acid, pain and swelling and also purify the blood. The various Ayurvedic herbs for gout are Triphala (Amalaki, Haritaki, Bhibhitaki), manjistha, katuki, vacha, Neem, Giloy, Daruhaldi, punarnava, guggul, Suranjan, Gorakhmundi.
Fruits also act as effective remedies to treat gout naturally, especially the cherries. Cherries contains an enzyme which helps to relieve gout symptoms remarkable. The enzyme neutralizes uric acid and cherries are rich in natural anti-oxidants which reduce inflamaation. Eating 20-30 cherries daily help to ease out the pain of gout and helps to treat gout naturally.
Blue berries are also fast acting home remedy to treat gout naturally. Blue berries can bring quick relief in pain and swelling due to gout.
Black berries are also very effective to treat gout naturally. They also reduce the symptoms of gout within no time.
Amla berry - Amla is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C in the world. Juice from these berries recommended for quick relief from gout. There are several options for supplements which may help with the symptoms of gout. One such supplement is vitamin C. . If taken in higher doses (1000mg) at the onset of gout symptoms and continued for maintenance (500mg per day), Vitamin C can reduce serum uric acid levels in the body. A supplement containing B complex should be taken daily as well because B vitamins assist in converting uric acid into other non-harmful compounds. Fish oil taken daily can help reduce the frequency of inflammation from gout.Amla is an ingredient of our herbal supplement for gout called Navkarshik Chruna (scroll below). Amla Saar (Amla Juice) can also be taken with Anti-gout pack for better results. It is also one of the best anti-ageing product.
Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can help with gout symptoms if ingested as well as if applied topically. Vinegar is very good for balancing blood pH and removing gout-causing toxins from the body. You can mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with honey and water and drink three times a day at mealtime for relief. You can also soak the affected body part in a mixture of one half cup apple cider vinegar and three cups hot water.
Water works best for gout. Use of water in gout is highly recommended. In fact it works like a medicine of Gout..... the best way to treat gout naturally. Do not consume huge quantity of water in one go...just consume 2 to 3 liters a day to keep your body hydrated. Water keeps the joints lubricated and helps to eliminate and dislodge the uric acid crystals and eliminate uric acid as well as other toxins through the kidneys. Better quality water is recommended. Mountain spring water is perfect. Too much consumption of water can lead to hyponatremia and even death because of sodium loss. Divide you Body weight in pounds x 2 which equals the amount of ounces of water you should take per day. This obviously depends on if you exercise regularly, and if you do then add an extra glass of water per 30 minutes when active. ie: 180 pound person must drink 90 ounces of water a Day
Ayurveda explains gout as a disease which usually affects rich people. Usually rich people are affected. The reason is that rich people eat diet rich in protiens, alcohol and beer. They do not consume much fiber or salads. This leads to slow imbalance in the protein metabolism leading to increased uric acid. Increased uric acid slowly accumulates in various joints leading to pain and swelling. If still ignored, there is formation of painful tophi causing irreversible damage to joints and kidneys.
Navkarshik Churna is a classical Ayurvedic formulation dating back to 1100 AD. A famous formulation from “Chakradatt Samhita” particularly recommended in Gouty arthritis. Especially when the uric acid is very high and the toe joint is very much involved. It is also effective in other type of arthritis as it relieves “Vata” and removes the toxins from within the body. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and are effective in swollen, painful joints. It contains Triphala which removes toxins from the body and useful in every other disease. Neem, Katuki, Manjistha purifies the blood and corrects the metabolism of “Pitta” and heat regulation in our body. Giloy is immunomodulator and improves immunity whereas Daruhaldi acts as an anti inflammatory herb.
Navkarshik churna is an effective herbal remedy to treat gout naturally. It contains blood cleansing herbs, anti-inflammatory herbs, detoxifying herbs thereby help in reducing uric acid levels, swellings around joint and also improve overall well being of the person. There are certain herbs like Gorakhmundi and punarnava which work best with Navkarshik Churna to treat gout effectively. Navkarshik Churna an effective Ayurvedic remedy for gouty arthritis. The herbs present in this formulation are useful in treating inflammatory conditions. It is also useful in purifying the blood because of the presence of Nimba and Manjishta in it. While Triphala sees to the digestive power and daruharidra is also useful in treating inflammatory conditions.
Navkarshik Churna is purely a herbal formulation without any chemicals added into it. The ingredients are frequently used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 5,000 B.C. without any side effects.
Navkarshik is a classical Ayurvedic formulation dating back to 1100 AD. A famous formulation from “Chakradatt Samhita” particularly recommended in Gouty arthritis. Especially when the uric acid is very high and the toe joint is very much involved. It is also effective in other type of arthritis as it relieves “Vata” and removes the toxins from within the body. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner and are effective in swollen, painful joints. It contains Triphala which removes toxins from the body and useful in every other disease. Neem, Katuki, Manjistha purifies the blood and corrects the metabolism of “Pitta” and heat regulation in our body. Giloy is immunomodulator and improves immunity whereas Daruhaldi acts as an anti inflammatory herb. Navkarshik is useful in conditions caused by imbalance of Pitta and kapha.
|S. No.||Herb Used||English Name||Latin Name||Quantity|
|1.||Amla||Indian Gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||22.22 gm|
|2||Haritaki||Chebulic Myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||22.22 gm|
|3.||Bahera||Belleric Myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||22.22 gm|
|4.||Vacha||Sweet Flag||Acorus calamus||22.22 gm|
|5.||Neem||Margosa Tree||Azadirachta indica||22.22 gm|
|6.||Manjistha||Indian Madder||Rubia cordifolia||22.22 gm|
|7.||Katuki||Picrorrhiza||Picrorrhiza kurrao||22.22 gm|
|8.||Giloy||Tinospora||Tinospora cordifolia||22.22 gm|
|9.||Daruhaldi||Barberry||Berberis aristata||22.22 gm|
1. Amla (Emblica officinalis) : Amalaki, it is a well known drug for its multiple benefits in the human body. Here, it enhances the functions of the liver and absorption of nutrients. The fruit is an important source of vitamin C and minerals. It is effective as a gastrointestinal tonic. It improves the body resistance and protects the body against infections. The extract of the fruit and ascorbic acid prevented hepatotoxic and nephrotoxic effects induced by aluminum and lead. So, it is useful to remove the harmful toxins from the body as well as it maintains the metabolic harmony. It also help to reduce the inflammation caused by high uric acid around the joints. As explained above Vitamin C plays an important role in treating gout naturally. Amla Saar (Amla fruit juice) used along with anti-gout pack gives quick relief from gout.
2. Harithaki (Terminalia chebula) : Haritaki is a powerful cleanser of the system. It detoxifies the whole system and cleanses the blood. Harithaki is a useful herb for the liver and gastro-intestinal tract. It is an excellent rejuvenator; delays’ ageing process and it is a mild laxative and astringent. It is nature’s best cleanser. It eliminates toxins quickly. It is a very unique herb that is bestowed with multiple properties. It removes the unwanted cholesterol, high uric acid from the body and tones the digestive tract. It is also anti-diabetic and rich in antioxidants. It also acts as an antacid and possesses properties such as cardio protective, hepato protective and hypocholestrolaemic. It is useful for all kinds of digestive disorders and treats diseases pertaining to liver and enlargement of spleen. It treats debility and general weakness. It also serves as a tonic for the reproductive system and improves vitality. Because of its properties of removing toxins and unwanted fats from the body, it is highly beneficial in reducing inflammations. Using it in gout gives excellent results to lower down uric acid levels.
3. Bibitaki (Terminalia bellerica) It is used for cough cold etc, but it’s cleansing action gives excellent results in gout as well. It helps to eliminate toxins. It is one of the constituents of best natural cleansers called “Triphala”. It is useful herb for cough, bronchitis, sore throat, upper respiratory infections, pulmonary eosinophilia and allergies. It is an effective anti-inflammatory and helps in pacifying pain, inflammations and swelling around the joints. The herb is an effective Ayurvedic remedy to treat gout naturally.
4. Vacha (Acorus calamus) - Another wonderful herb which helps to ease the pain and swelling due to gout and other forms of arthritis. Usually this herb is used to increase memory and concentration, but it has been found to be very effective herbal remedy for treating gout naturally and quickly.
The herb is useful for the treatment of arthritis, neuralgia, bronchial catarrh etc. It is a wonderful brain tonic and is useful in treating weak memory, psychoneurosis and epilepsy. It is also useful in treating hysteria and neuralgia. It is also useful in boosting health and strengthens sexual life.
Vacha is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb. It contains effective principles to combat the effects of gout. It is helpful in painful joint conditions, high uric acid and swellings around joints.
A volatile essential oil, acorin, a bitter principle acoretin (choline), calamine (useful in dysentery), starch, mucilage, a little of tannin. Acorin, a glucoside is a honey-like liquid, very bitter and aromatic, soluble in alcohol, chloroform, ether, splitting into sugar and volatile oil.
It is an effective analgesic herb and gives good relief from pain due to gout. Volatile oils of types II, III an IV – major constituent is usually beta-asarone, up to 96%. Indian calamus oil contains asarone up to 82% and its beta-isomer. In type I, beta-asarone and other phenylpropanoids are absent. It is superior in spasmolytic activity to the other types. The essential oil-free alcoholic extract of A.calamus possesses sedative and analgesic properties. The Ethanolic extract of rhizomes show significant antisecretory and anti-ulcerogenic activity; also protective effect against cyto-destructive agents, experimentally etc.
It is also useful as a diuretic in calculus affections and as an anthelmintic to expel worms in children. The drug is a very old remedy for chronic diarrhea and forms part of a number of mixtures used in Ayurveda. Scientist tested over it reveals that whatever action A.calamus had was due to the presence of tannins. The herb is useful in maintaining youthfulness, to boost health, and strengthen sexual life. For aphrodisiac purposes, higher doses are recommended. An herbal bath with calamus is said to increase sexual desire. In small doses it has a stimulating effect. In olden days, the herb was used as an anesthetic for toothache and headaches. It is best Anti-Vata remedy thereby giving excellent results in body pains, joint pains and loss of memory and concentration.
5. Nimba (Azadirachta indica) : Neem is one of the most effective blood cleansers found on earth. Blood cleansing is very important to lower down uric acid levels and clear the gout. It works best with Manjistha which is another wonderful blood purifier. The effects on uric acid are visible after using this for about 15-20 days. The combination with other herbs like those in Navkarshik give results within 4-5 days. Neem (Nimba) is a useful herb for treating gout naturally, treating infections, worms, blood disorders, skin ailments, Diabetes, liver related disorders, urinary disorders, inflammations, injuries, fever, inflammation of gums, gingivitis, sores, boils, enlargement of spleen, malarial fever, measles, head scald and cutaneous affections. It is also useful in treating gonorrhea and syphilis.
6. Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia) : As mentioned above, blood cleansing is a very important step to treat gout naturally. Manjisth is most effective blood purifier, diuretic and astringent. It is also natural pain reliever and anti-inflammatory. The herb is an effective herbal remedy for gout, skin diseases, urogenital disorders, amenorrhea, liver diseases; gall and spleen complaints. It is also useful in treating dysentery, piles, ulcers, inflammations, erysipelas, skin diseases, gout and rheumatism.
7. Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao) : This is a liver cleansing herb. It helps the liver to correct the metabolism of proteins which is disturbed in case of Gout. The herb is also useful for treating hepatitis, jaundice, dyspnoea and skin diseases. It is useful as stomachic, cholagogue and hepato protective. It possesses properties such as liver protective, anti-inflammatory and tumor-inhibitory. It is useful in treating liver disorders, to remove the toxins from the body and to improve the bile secretion and also in improving the absorptive power, digestive power and appetite. It is also one of the best ways to treat gout naturally.
Chemically the roots yield a glycoside bitter principle, kutkin, found to be a mixture of two iridoids glycosides, picroside I and kutkoside. Also obtained were D-mannitol, kutkiol, kutkisterol and a ketone (identical with apocyanin).
The root acts as stomachic, anti-diarrhoeal, cholagogue and hepatoprotective. Kutkin exhibited hepatoprotective activity. It acts as a mild laxative.
Picroliv, a standardized fraction from the alcoholic extract of the root and rhizome, containing 55-60% of a mixture of picroside I and kutkoside (1:15) showed dose dependant protective activity on isolated hepatocytes in vitro and was found to be more potent than Silymarin, a known hepatoprotective agent. Kutkin, picroside I and kutkoside also exhibited anti-inflammatory property. Cucurbitacin glycosides, isolated from the root, exhibit liver protective, tumor-inhibitory and anti-inflammatory activity.
It is useful in treating hepatitis, chronic dysentery and amoebiasis. It is chiefly useful for treating jaundice, intermittent fever, dyspnoea and skin diseases.
It is useful in treating constipation. A decoction of Katuki root is useful in treating bilious fevers. Recently, it has been tried and found beneficial in several cases of ill-defined fever, such as low fever with constipation, symptomatic fever of elephantiasis and fever of malarial origin which has resisted other home remedies. The drug is used in scorpion sting also.
8. Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) : This is one of the most valuable herb to treat gout. This helps to eliminate toxins fro the blood quickly. This is also known as “Amrita” i.e. Elixir of life. This is really a nectar of life. The herb has powerful immunomodulatory and blood purifying action leading to quick results in reversing gout. The herb is also valuable herb for treating general debility, intermittent fever and dyspepsia. It is also useful in treating rheumatic and bilious fevers. The herb is also useful in diabetes and to enhance the functions of the liver. It is a diuretic and is effective against calculi and other urinary disorders.
9. Daruharidra (Berberis aristata) : It is one of the most effective herbal remedies for gout. It is an effective anti-inflammatory agent, reduces swelling around joints, cleanses the blood and clears away toxins. It acts as a tonic, purgative, hepatic, antiseptic, alterative, refrigerant, anthelmintic, bactericidal etc. the barberry is useful in treating fever, diarrhea, dysentery etc. it is an excellent cholagogue and increases bile secretions. This herb is also found to be useful in treating liver ailments. It is very useful in treating arthritis, sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis etc. This herb is also useful when used externally. Externally, it is applied for burns, acne, sores, ulcers, cuts, bruises etc.
Where to buy Navkarshik Churna?
To buy Navkarshik Churna, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/navkarshik-churna.html
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Gout Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of gout (high uric acid). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda.
Where to buy Gout Care Pack?
To buy Gout Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/gout-care-pack.html