Reference: Vaidyajivana, Shwasa Kasa Chikitsa
Lavangadi Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form used for treating upper respiratory infections like cough, congestion, cold and allergic respiratory conditions. It is demulcent, anti-inflammatory and expectorant in action. Clove is the main ingredient of this medicine. Clove has Kapha dosha balancing, antispasmodic, antiseptic and carminative properties. It reduces vata and kapha but increases pitta. It is hot in potency it increases blood pressure and pitta. Hence should be taken cautiously in high, pitta condition and high blood pressure.
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Black Catechu/Heart wood extract (Acacia catechu)
- Water concoction of Babul (Acacia Arabica)
Method of Preparation
Grind all the ingredients to a fine powder and triturate with the formed decoction, a semisolid paste will be formed and make pills from this paste and let them dry and store them in an air tight container.
1 to 2 tablets twice a thrice a day after meals or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Respiratory problems like cough, colds, congestion, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Dyspnea (difficult breathing)
- Chest pain
- Irritation of throat
- Cough and cold
- Sore throat
- Over dosage may cause slight burning sensation in stomach.
- It can be administered during pregnancy just for a week or two.