In present scenario, number of health problems are increasing. People suffer from different health problems like Piles. Many people who suffer from piles feel embarrassed to see their doctor about problem. It has been seen that piles can affect both men and women.
WHAT HAPPENS IN PILES ?
In piles veins around the anus or lower rectum gets inflamed and swollen.
Anal canal is last part of large intestine which is about 4-5 cm long. It is situated between rectum and anus. Lower part of anal canal has opening in the outside known as anus which passes faeces. Its inner lining contains small blood vessels. Swelling may occur inside and around lower rectum and around anal opening.
Piles are also known as hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are masses, cushions of tissue in the anal canal - these are full of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle and elastic fibers.
These arise from several different factors like increased pressure of internal or external veins around the anal canal, improper diet, constipation, hereditary etc.
TYPES OF PILES:-
PILES ARE CLASSIFIED INTO TWO CATEGORIES:-
1. INTERNAL PILES
It is the most common than external hemorrhoids. It occurs above 2-4 cm from the opening of anus. These are generally painless because there are less pain sensing nerves in the rectum.
Internal hemorrhoids are categorized into different grades:-
- Grade 1 or First degree:- These are common. In this, the hemorrhoid tissue bulges into lumen of anal canal and small swelling may occur on the inside of lining of anal canal. These cannot be seen or felt from outside.
- Grade 2 or Second degree:- These are larger. It may be partly pushed out from the anus when you go to the toilet but quickly goes back.
- Grade 3 or Third degree:- In this, pile mass hang out when you go to toilet. You may feel one or more as small soft lumps hang from anus. However, you can push them back into anus.
- Grade 4 or Fourth Degree:- Pile mass permanently hangs out from anus which cannot go back to anus. It is quite large.
2. EXTERNAL PILES
It occurs in the lower part of anal canal. It is painful condition because there are lots of pain nerve fibers which are responsible for pain.
3. INTERNO- EXTERNO (MIXED) PILES
In this condition both internal and external piles occur together.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
Symptoms may vary from person to person. In some cases, the person suffering from piles may not realize the symptoms of piles.
Some common signs and symptoms of piles are following:-
- Bleeding on defecation: During or after defecation the bleeding occurs.
- Prolapse of pile mass: It is seen in larger hemorrhoids and it usually occurs at the time of defecation. Generally it is painless.
- Pain and itching in anal region.
- Mucus discharge: Mucus is produced by secretory columnar epithelium.
- Pruritus: Mucus discharge can cause irritation of skin which results in pruritus.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES ?
The most common causes of hemorrhoids are following:-
- Pregnancy: It is the most common cause of piles.
- Ageing: With the increase in age the tissues in the lining of anus become less supportive.
- Sitting posture: People with long hours sitting job are prone to piles.
- Improper Diet: Eating junk foods and diet lacking in fiber contributes to piles.
Piles can be diagnosed on the basis of patient's history and rectal examination.
- History of Patient: It includes family history of piles, bowel movement and appearance of stool.
- Rectal examination: It includes two tests:-
- Physical examination - In this, doctor examines patient's rectum with gloved finger.
- Proctoscopy (Anoscopy) - In this an instrument is used named as protoscope which is used to examine the lining of rectum.
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH PILES
If piles is left untreated it can leads to serious medical problem and can also be a symptom of bigger problem. The most common problem is Strangulation means the blood supply cut down which can cause extreme pain and leads to tissue death (gangrene). Another problem is Anemia which occurs due to chronic blood loss from piles, in which if you have no enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to your cells that may results in fatigue and weakness.
In Ayurveda piles are known as Arsh and it causes pain like pricking needle. The meaning of Ari is enemy. So piles are considered as enemy of human beings.
Piles are stratified into dry and bleeding categories. As per Ayurveda anal canal is surrounding by three major veins named as samvarni, visarajni and pravahani. Just after these major veins there is an external opening. These veins swell up and protrude out if there is too much strain inside anal canal. Ayurveda considers it as Digestive disorder.
As per Ayurveda, imbalance of any of three energies results in any health complications. Aggravated pitta dosha causes digestive problems which results in impairment of jathargni (digestive fire) and accumulation of ama (toxins) in digestive gut. These toxins leads to disturbance in digestive gut that causes diarrhea and flatulence which further leads to aggravation of vata dosha.
It can be non-bleeding (dry) i.e. shushkarshaor bleeding condition during defecation known as Raktrash.
According to Ayurveda vitiation in any of three doshas may cause piles shows different symptoms which are categorized as:-
- Vata type of piles: Acute pain and constipation is felt. These piles are hard and dark in colour.
- Pitta type of piles: These piles are soft and reddish in colour. Other symptoms include excessive thirst, fever and diarrhea and bleeding.
- Kapha type of piles: These piles are large, soft and whitish in colors. There are digestive problems also.
TREATMENT OF PILES
The natural evolution of hemorrhoids is benign but hemorrhoids tend to get worse over time and it should be treated as soon as possible. There are number of ways to treat piles including medications and surgical treatment. But Ayurveda gives best treatment for piles. Ayurvedic treatment for piles is having two concerns i.e. firstly increase the impaired digestive fire and then alleviate increased vata (helping in constipation by vatanuloman).
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR PILES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of piles (hemorrhoids). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Dosage / Usage
- Sanjivani Vati - 2 tablets three times daily with plain water after meal.
- Vara Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Pile OFF Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kanchnaar Guggul - 2 tablets three times daily with plain water after meal.
- Drift Ointment - Local application on the affected area.
- Nirgundi oil - Local application on the affected area.
1. SANJIVANI VATI
These are pure herbal tablets by Planet Ayurveda which of different herbs.
INGREDIENTS OF SANJIVANI VATI
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Ginger root (Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Vacha (Acorus calmus)
- Guduchi herb (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Shuddh Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium)
- Shuddh vastnabh (Aconitum ferox)
USES:- It is very useful in management of piles. It is used to remove toxins ( AMA) from body.
2. VARA CHURNA
It is commonly known as Triphala powder. It is combination of three herbs named as haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bhibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Amlaki (Emblica officinalis).
USES:- It is useful in multiple conditions like constipation, to remove accumulated toxins from body.
3. PILE OFF
These are pure natural capsules by Planet Ayurveda. As the name indicates it helps to eradicate the piles problem from root. It is mixture of different herbs
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Trikatu (Ginger, Long pepper, Black pepper)
- Sajji kshaar (Sodium bicarbonate)
- Nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea)
- Choti harar (Terminalia chebula)
BENEFITS:- It is beneficial in both internal and external piles. Trikatu helps to improve digestion, removes toxins and constipation which is the main cause of piles.
4. KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
These are pure natural tablets which is a mixture of different herbs which are listed below:-
- Kachnar bark (Bauhina variegate)
- Amlaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Varuna (Crataeva religiosa)
BENEFITS:- It is helpful in balance of all three doshas. It is useful in reducing cysts and swelling. It is also helpful in arresting bleeding and shrinking of piles mass. It is useful in digestive problems also.
Where to buy Piles Care Pack?
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/piles-care-pack.html