Saw Palmetto - Excellent herbal remedy for prostate problems
Botanical Name: Serenoa repens
Other Common Names: Sabal, Sabal Fructus, Fructus Serenoae
Description: Saw palmetto is a fan palm plant. The flowers produced by this plant are yellowish-white and the fruit is a reddish-black fleshy fruit with a pit.
Plant Parts Used: The fruit
Properties: The ancient man ate the fruit for nourishment and also used it for the treatment of many urinary and genital disorders. An extract from the fruit is used in herbal medicine today. The fruit extract contains essential fatty acids and phytosterols. The fatty acids contained in saw palmetto are lauric acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid and myristic acid. Polysaccharides which include galactose, arabinose, and uronic acid are also found in the fruit.
Unique Feature of Our Product
- We are using 100 % vegetarian capsule shells made from plant cellulose and not from hard gelatin which are low in cost and are made from chemicals+ cow cartilage+ pig intestines.
- We are using standardized extracts in our 100 % natural herbal supplements and not regular extracts.
- We are filling 500 mg standardized herbal extracts in our vegetarian capsule shells while many other manufacturers are filling 150 mg herbal extracts only.
- Our products are 100 % natural supplements, made from pure natural herbal extracts in 1000 mg quantity in each capsule shell.
Benefits of Saw Palmetto Capsules
- Historically, saw palmetto has been used as a tea to treat benign enlargement of the prostate.
- Saw palmetto can increase sex drive in men and sperm production. It is commonly used to tone the male reproductive system and boost the production of reproductive hormones in men.
- Saw palmetto is mainly used in frequent urination and excessive night urination which is due to inflammation of the bladder or prostate.
- Saw palmetto is also used to aid thyroid function.
- Saw palmetto is used as an herbal remedy for asthma, bronchitis and other bronchial and throat problems.
- Saw palmetto is mainly used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Testosterone collects in the prostate and gets converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This causes the cells to multiply quickly causing an enlargement of the prostate. Saw palmetto inhibits the conversion of testosterone to DHT and also the binding of DHT to receptor sites.
- Saw palmetto has also been used as anabolic agent which contributes to muscle growth.
- Saw palmetto is internally used as an herbal remedy for hair loss (baldness) in men.
- Saw palmetto is famous for its uses in hair restoration, prostate health, sexual vigor and as a nutritive tonic.
- Saw palmetto is used by natural health practitioners to treat a variety of ailments such as testicular inflammation, urinary tract inflammation, coughs and respiratory congestion.
Contraindications - For the use of adult men only
Dosage - One soft gel once or twice daily, preferably with a meal