Anal Fistula Diet and Home Remedies
Natural Treatment for Fistula in Ano
People are turning towards herbal remedies or ayurvedic medicines these days as these are very safe, free from side effects and very convenient to use also. These are available at reasonable cost and can be afford easily. Natural treatment for anal fistula getting popular day by day as many people around the world are suffering from such a painful condition and are scared of surgical operations which are further painful.
Anal Fistula - An Overview
Anal fistula is a small channel that develops between the end of bowel, called as anal canal and the skin near the anus. An anal fistula is a small channel that is very painful and causes bleeding while passing stools. The fistula ends can appear as holes on the surface of the skin around the anus.
Anal fistula mostly takes place due to anal abscess when it is not treated properly. An abscess is a collection of pus and infected fluid. An anal abscess usually develops after a small gland inside the anus, becomes infected with bacteria. A fistula can also be created due to conditions that affect the intestines such as ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease. 50 to 55 percent people with crohn's disease get anal fistula. Men are more likely to develop fistula in ano between the ages of 20 to 40. Anal fistula may connect body cavities such as the vagina and the rectum also may connect the cavity to the surface of the skin.
Pain during defecation, bleeding with stools, skin irritation, constipation and fever also sometimes is the common signs and symptoms of fistula in ano.
Diet and Home Remedies
Anal fistula natural treatment along with home remedies for fistula in ano both works side by side wonderfully to manage the condition.
Diet plays a very important role in the treatment of fistula in ano. Constipation is the reason that aggravates the condition further so it has to be avoided.
- Diet with high fiber is highly recommended. Fiber works by increasing the amount of stools in the intestines. Regular use of high fiber diet can be useful to manage the condition. Person should take plenty of water while using high fiber. It cleans the colons and avoids constipation. Fiber is made of large carbohydrate molecules that pass through the intestines without being used by the body. examples of high fiber diet are:-
- Wheat germ
- Brown rice
- Brown bread
- Whole wheat pasta
- Green pepper and so many
- Avoid very spicy, hot food items which may lead to further complications and increases the signs and symptoms. All this may aggravate the condition like pain and bleeding during defecation.
- Eat half of cup of raw cabbage juice daily to soften the stools and easy passage.
- Drink plenty of water to clear the channels and flush out the toxins out from the body.
- Eat papaya as it is very effective fruit to clear the bowels and avoid constipation.
- Take 1000 mg almost daily through diet as it helps in prevention of anal fistula from the anal abscess. Amla, oranges etc are the main sources. One amla is equal to 30 oranges in nutritional values.
- Have less meal at a time and avoid large meals so that intestines have less amount of food to digest at a time.
- Avoid excessive cleansing of the anal region as it may leads to irritation and itching of the particular area.
- Sitz bath must be tried and it is mostly suggested by the doctors. Here buttocks are immersed in warm water up to almost 30 minutes at a time. Some analgesic oils can also be added to pacify the symptoms.
- Use ring shaped cushion that takes weight off the anus. And it reduces the pressure over the blood vessels of the anal region.
Natural Treatment for Fistula in Ano
Natural treatment of the fistula in ano includes various herbal remedies that help to subsides the signs and symptoms and manage the condition. Herbal remedies are made from many effective ayurvedic medicines or called herbs to care the condition. These herbs are very well known for their actions and properties in ayurveda.
Medicines helpul here in fistula in ano are Aloe vera, Haridra, Amalaki, Haritaki, Babhitaki, Nirgundi etc which together make a Natural treatment for anal fistula. All these medicines has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and immunity enhancing properties which are very helpful to reduce the signs and symptoms of fistula in ano like pain, bleeding and as they have strong antioxidants, throws out toxins from the body and clears the channels also.
1. Triphala Guggul
Triphala Guggul is a pure herbal classic formulation mentioned in Ayurveda. It consists of two extremely efficacious herbs; Triphala – most potent bowel movement regulator and guggul – provides a defense mechanism. These tablets help to improve the circulation of blood in rectal region. Triphala Guggul possesses the properties of being an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It enhances the flow of bile and peristaltic movements of intestines which help in eliminating wastes efficiently, manages weight, and tones the gastrointestinal tract and is an amazing anti - depressant. It is totally safe and non-habit forming laxative. Triphala Guggul is also useful in correcting liver functions also.
Dose: Two Tablets thrice a day with luke warm water after Meals
2. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin or Haridra is well known for its anti –infective, anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory properties since ages. It acts as a tonic to the all systems of the body such as digestive, respiratory and circulatory system. It is regarded as best blood purifier and metabolism regulator. Turmeric is anti-dermatosis, cleanses and heals any cuts, wounds and ulcers. It reduces any edema and inflammation of hemorrhoids and fistula. It is also beneficial for skin diseases and body pain.
Dose: Two capsules two times every day with luke warm water after meals.
3. Nirgundi Oil
It is made from the plant Vitex nigundo, which is bitter, pungent and astringent in taste. Nirgundi is one of the best natural anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-biotic and an excellent muscle relaxant. Its oil reduces congestion, inflammation and pain. There are very few multifaceted herbs like Nirgundi. The oil heals the fistula and tones the area by maintaining proper blood circulation.
Dose: Local application over the wounds with a cotton ball soaked in the oil twice daily.
4. Vara Churna
It contains the myrobalans (Haritaki -Terminalia chebula, Bibhitaka- Terminalia bellirica, and Amalaki- Emblica officinalis). It is best known for cleaning colon and giving strength to the GIT. It is effective on all three vitiated dosha vata, pitta and kapha. This is a traditional formulation which is mild purgative and is cooling in nature. It stimulates the peristaltic movements of the intestines and it rectifies constipation and is not a habit forming laxative and the best detoxifier. It balances the blood pressure and reduces swelling. Improves the liver functions, blood circulation and is also useful in curing migraine, acidity, general weakness. It is very effective in boosting immunity. It is safe to be used for a long time.
Dose: 5 grams each in morning and evening with luke warm water after meals
Where to buy Fistula Care Pack?
To buy Fistula Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/fistula-care-pack.html