Acidity is commonly known as heartburn. Hydrochloric acid is present in the stomach which helps in efficient digestion of food and protect the growth of unwanted bacteria. So when there is an excessive production of acid by gastric glands of stomach, then it causes acidity.
WHAT ARE CAUSES OF ACIDITY
- Consumption of beverages such as alcohol, coffee, tea and carbonated drinks.
- Eating heavy meals close to bed time.
- Highly spicy food.
- Anti-inflammatory medicine and some of antibiotics.
- Being Pregnant.
- Stress and tension.
COMPLICATIONS THAT ACIDITY CAN CAUSE
Due to over secretion of gastric juices, there is disruption in the lining of the upper part of small intestine. In some cases ulcers can be the cause of cancer.
2. Dyspepsia and heart burns
Dyspepsia is the narrowing of oesopahus which creates the sensation of food being stuck in throat. It occurs after taking meals and is brought by excess abdominal pressure. It usually occurs at night when individual lying down on the bed and there is burning pain in the chest.
SYMPTOMS OF ACIDITY
- Dry cough and sore throat
- Bloody or black stools
- Bloody vomiting
- Weight loss
- Severe pain in abdomen
- Difficulty in breathing
- Erosion of gum and teeth
- Bad breath
DIAGNOSIS OF ACIDITY
- Diagnosis is done with a x – ray technique to check the complications in the esophagus. In this process barium swallow radiograph is used which helps in monitoring of esophagus.
- Endoscopy is used to diagnose the problems in esophagus. Small tube with a camera through mouth is inserted in esophagus.
- In Biopsy there is the removal of small piece from the lining of esophagus for diagnosis purpose. This procedure is done to identify any underlying cancer.
- Esophageal manometry is also done to diagnose acid reflux. In this case narrow tube is inserted into stomach through esophagus to check out the proper functioning of esophagus.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ACIDITY ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA?
Acidity in ayurveda is the production of ama (toxin) in the body which results in the sourness and heat in body. In ayurveda cause of acidity is due to pitta dosha. When kapha is associated with aggravated pitta, acid starts effecting oesophagus. Aggravation is due to eating spicy and sour food, smoking and excessive consumption of tea, coffee, sleeping immediately after meal, stress and anger.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Acidity Care Pack for natural treatment of acidity. We provides 100 percent pure and natural products. All of them are free from side effects and are safe to use. And they are formulated by MD Ayurveda doctors. All of the medicines from the house are made without the addition of chemicals or additives or preservatives in it.
- Amalaki Rasayana - 1 capsule, twice daily with plain water
- Digestion Support - 1 capsule, twice daily with plain water
- HeartBurn Capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily, with plain water
1. Amalaki Rasayna
Amalaki rasayna is richest source of vitamin c. Fruit pulp of fresh amla is grind with many other herbs to prepare this amalaki rasayana.
Benefits - It is used to treat peptic ulcers. Amla is effective to treat the indigestion, heartburn, ulcers and hyperacidity.
2. Digestion Support
It is the combination of herbs such as amla (Emblica officianalis), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), vibhitaki (Terminalia bellarica), fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Dhania (Coriandrum sativum), Piipali (Piper longum) and Jeerak (cuminum cuminum).
Benefits - Digestion support gives the relief in gas, bloating and indigestion.
3. HeartBurn Capsules
Major ingredients of heart burn capsules are coral calcium (praval pishti), agate calcium (akik pishti), an ayurvedic compound (jahar mohra pishti) and (kamdudha ras), pearl calcium (mukta pishti) and tinospora corifolia stem extract (giloy satva).
Benefits - These heart burn capsules help to stop stomach acid. It is the preparation of pure extracts of natural corals, pearls, mineral stones and herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). Giloy is an important herb that helps to control the excessive pitta secretions in the body.
Where to buy Acidity Care Pack?
To buy Acidity Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/acidity-care-pack.html
- One should have pineapple and papaya in their diet because these fruits contain proteases which are digestive enzymes.
- Spicy food should be avoided because spices cause the ulcers and heart burns.
- Food which have high content of fat should should be avoided.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking should be avoided.
- Hot drinks also increase the acidity of stomach so such drinks should be avoided.