Gout is a Purine metabolic disorder. It is a disorder in which MUMC (Momo urate monohydrate crystals) deposited around the connective tissue of the synovial joints. Urate crystals form due to the increase level of uric acid in the blood. Gout is also known as Podgra, when it involves the joint at the base of the big toe. Males are more sufferer than females. The uric acid level increases in males over 20 years of age and in females it increases after menopause. Normally, uric acid dissolves in the blood and passes through the kidney, but sometimes when the body produces too much of uric acid or kidneys are not able to excrete uric acid properly, then the level of the uric acid increases and there is a formation of needle like urate crystals in the joint which causes pain, swelling and inflammation.
Gout - According to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda Gout is known as vatarakt rog. Vata means wind, rakt means blood and rog means disease. In this vitiated vata doshas gets combined with impure blood (rakt dhadhu) and travel throughout the body causes swelling, inflammation and severe pain in the joints.
Who are at high risk of the Gout?
- Person who is obese
- Person who has a high intake of alcohol
- Person who is having Ischemic heart disease
- Person who is having a high Blood pressure
What are the clinical features of the Gout?
Synovial joint on the distal end of the first metatarsal pharyngeal is affected and there is swelling, arrhythmia, tenderness and extreme pain, and the condition is called POGDRA. There are fewer chances that it will affect the large proximal joints, in the first attack. There is a formation of the tophi in metacarpal joints, elbow, and knee.
What are the Symptoms of the Gout?
- The onset of the disease is rapid. There is a worse pain which enables the person to wake him up early in the morning. The Person codes it as worse pain ever.
- Tenderness is so severe that the person is unable to put on the socks and shoes.
- Increased sweating
- In some cases the symptoms relieve itself in 4-5 days. Person feels normal after that.
What are the aggravating factors of the Gout?
- Intake of alcohol and beverages
- Diet rich in red meat, yeast and oily fish
- High protein diet like pulses and dairy products
- Certain Medications like diuretics
What can be the complications of the Gout?
- Recurrent gout: Some people experience gout signs and symptoms again and again.
- Advanced gout: Untreated gout may lead to deposits of urate crystals to form under the skin called Tophi.
- Kidney stones: Urate crystals may collect in the urinary tract; hence there is a chance of the kidney stones.
How to diagnose the Gout?
- Joint fluid test
- Blood test
- CT scan
Herbal Remedies for Gout by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Gout Care Pack for natural treatment of gout. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Giloy Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily, after meals, with plain water.
- Kaishore Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily, after meals, with plain water.
- Navkarshik Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily, after meals, with plain water.
- Punarnava Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, after meals, with plain water.
1. Giloy Capsules
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is a well-known plant in Ayurvedic system of medicine. It bears small flowers and prefers tropical climatic conditions for its growth. Giloy capsule is prepared by using standardized extract of Giloy herb. The capsule shells are 100 % vegetarian and free from gelatin.
2. Kaishore Guggul
It is one of the most effective herbal formulations for the gout. It is the mixture of Amalaki (Emblica officanlis), Bibhitaki (Terminalis bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalis chebula), Guggul resin (Commiphora mukul), Ginger (Zingiber officanlis), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Long piper (Piper longum), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Red physic nut (Baliospermum montanum) and Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum).
The Triphala (Amalaki, Bibhitaki, Haritaki) is a natural formulation that helps to remove the toxins from the body. It helps to cure all the metabolic disorders. Kishore guggul is helpful for the accumulation of the uric acid in the joints, which is indicated by the redness and swelling. It is excellent for removal of uric acid and lymphatic congestion. It is traditionally used in the gout, which is characterized by redness, heat, inflammation and severe pain in the joints.
3. Navkarshik churna
It is the anti-gout classical herbal formulation from "Chakradatt Samihta".
It is the pure blend of the herbs Amla (Emblica officanlis), Haritaki (Terminalis chebula), Bhaera (Terminalis bellerica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Giloy (tinospora cordifloia) and Daruhaldi (Berbis aristata).
It acts as an anti-oxidant which removes the excess of uric acid from the body. It helps to purify the blood and corrects the metabolism of the "Pitta" and helps in the heat regulation of the body. It helps to improve the immunity of the body. It balances the vata dosha also. It is also very effective in swollen and painful joints. It is the pure herbal formulation without adding any chemicals.
4. Punarnava Capsules
It is another herbal remedy from the house of Planer Ayurveda. It is most effective herbal remedy to reduce the uric acid level. It is useful in reducing swelling and pain in the joints. It acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and analgesic also. It helps to reduce the edema, swelling around the joints. It also helps to remove the toxins from the body. It is also natural herbal remedy for the kidney diseases also.
Where to buy Gout Care Pack?
To buy Gout Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/gout-care-pack.html
Diet and Lifestyle
- One should do exercise daily.
- One should follow healthy and balanced diet.
- One should drink plenty of water.
- One should avoid the intake of alcohol and beverages.
- One should take fruits like cherries, bananas, strawberries and orange.
- Mix a juice of 1 lemon with ½ tsp of baking soda. Let it be for few seconds, and then mix it in a glass of water. Drink it immediately.
- Mix equal amount of fenugreek powder, turmeric powder and dried ginger powder. Have 1 tsp of this mixture along with warm water. Take it twice daily.
- Eat 15-20 cherries a day and this is highly recommended.