What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is the condition that results from the appearance of the endometrial tissue outside the uterus, which causes pelvic pain especially, associated with menstruation. When endometriosis involves ovaries, cysts then it is called endometriomas. In rare cases, it spreads outside the pelvis. It is one of the common gynecological problems in females.
According to Ayurveda, the three humors present in the body are Vata, Pitta and kapha. If they are in balanced form, then the person is healthy and if they get aggravated or imbalanced in the body then person will become unhealthy. The endometriosis is caused due to the aggravation of all the three doshas, but especially vata and kapha dosha. It displaces the endometrial tissue from their actual location in uterus to outside. Pain or inflammation in the pelvis region and hormonal imbalance occurs due to the aggravation of the vata dosha. Overgrowth of the endometrial cells occurs due to the aggravation of the kapha dosha.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of the Endometriosis?
The signs and symptoms of the endometriosis are as follows:
- Dysmenorrhea (Painful periods): Pelvic pain and cramping starts a few days before the menstrual period and may also include lower back and abdominal pain.
- Pain during Intercourse: Pain during or after sex due to the endometriosis.
- Pain with urination and bowel movements: During passing urine or bowel movements there occurs pain.
- Excessive Bleeding: There occurs heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) and bleeding between the periods (menometrorrhagia).
- Infertility: Endometriosis is one of the main reasons for infertility.
Some women with mild endometriosis have extensive pain, while others with advanced endometriosis may have little pain or even have no pain.
What are the Causes of the Endometriosis?
The causes of the endometriosis are as follows:
- Retrograde menstruation: Menstrual blood containing endometrial cells flows back through the fallopian tube into the pelvic cavity instead out of the body. These displaced endometrial cells stick to the pelvic walls and the surface of the organs, where they grow and thicken and bleed in each menstrual cycle.
- Embryonic cell growth: When one or more small areas of the abdominal lining, turn into endometrial tissue, endometriosis develops.
- Surgical scar implantation: After Caesarian or hysterectomy, there may be the chances of development of endometrial cells. Hence it leads to the endometriosis.
- Immune system disorders: The immune system disorder may make the body unable to recognize and destroy the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
What can be the Risk Factors for the Endometriosis?
The risk factors for the endometriosis can be as follows:
What can be the Complications of the Endometriosis?
The complications of the endometriosis are as follows:
- Ovarian cancer.
Herbal Remedies for Endometriosis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Endometriosis Care Pack for natural treatment of endometriosis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Female Health Support - 2 twice daily after meals with water.
- Aloe Vitals - 1 twice daily after meals with water.
- Pradrantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Shatavari Capsules - 2 twice daily after meals with water.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 2 twice daily after meals with water.
1. Female Health Support
It is a pure herbal formulation that consists of Ashok (Saraca indica), Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) and shatavari (Asparagus racemosus).
Benefits: It helps to relieve pain during menstruation. It also helps to reduce excessive bleeding during menstruation. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory. This herbal formulation strengths thecomplete reproductive system of female and also improves libido. It is also useful in female infertility. It has a rejuvenating property also. It is commonly used in excessive discharge (leucorrhea) and excessive menstruation. The herbs in this product act synergistically to control vitiated "Vata" and "Pitta" and restore their balance.
2. Aloe Vitals Capsules
This herbal product is the standardized extract of Aleo Vera (Aleo barbadensis).
Benefits: Aleo vital capsules act as an anti-oxidant which removes the toxins from the body. It boosts the immune system. It helps to balance the body energies vata, pitta and kapha. The body functions become normal and well coordinated. These capsules contain wonderful anti-inflammatory herb without any side effects. Aleo vitals contains important constituents such as isobarbalin, aleo-emodin , aleotic acid etc.
3. Pradrantak Churna
This herbal formulation is the modification of classical Ayurvedic formula "Pushyanug" churna. This formulation consists of various herbs Lodhra (Symplocus racemosa), Ashok (Saraca indica), Udumbar (Ficus glomerata) and Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna).
Benefits: According to the Ayurveda most of the gynecological problems are due to the vata imbalance. It pacifics the vata dosha and also helps to balance the other doshas (Pitta and kapha) also. It acts as an anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and uterine tonic also. It is a best herbal formulation for the leucorrhea. It helps to reduce inflammation and reforms the endometrium. It balances the female hormones naturally. It is the complete herbal formulation to take care of female health problems like ovarian cyst, premenstrual syndrome, uterine fibroids and menopausal syndrome. Regular use of this product leads to reduction in irritability, heaviness in breast, painful legs, fatigue and lethargy.
4. Shatavari Capsules
This herbal product consists of Shatavari (Apargus racemosus).
Benefits: This product is beneficial for almost all menstrual problems, including amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea. The phytoestrogen enables it to balance the hormones and reduce risk of endometrosis. It increases the fertility and vitality of females. It is also useful in anemia, painful mestrucation, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts and irregular painful menstruation in females. It gives strength to the female reproductive system.
This herbal product consists of shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and curcumin (curcuma longa).
Benefits: Boswellia curcumin capsules are one of the most effective combinations of the anti-inflammatory herbs. It helps in reducing the inflammation and also reduces pain also without any side effects. It acts as immune modulator also. It helps to maintain the body healthy. Boswellia produces the boswellic acids in a resin, these acids help to reduce inflammation. It acts as an analgesic also. It also helps to improve the blood circulation.
To buy Endometriosis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/endometriosis-care-pack.
Diet and Lifestyle
For Pain: warm bath and heating pad can help to reduce the pelvic region pain.
One should do regular exercise to get overcome the symptoms of endometriosis.
One should have balanced diet to maintain healthy immune system.