About Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory disease of the large intestine which is also called colon. The lining of large intestine become inflamed and develops tiny ulcers. Ulcerative colitis only affects the lining of colon whereas crohn's disease can affect any part of gastrointestinal wall.
According to Ayurveda, Ulcerative colitis is a disease of pitta dosha with the vary degree of vata involvement. The excessive intake of pitta aahar and regimens initially effects the rakhta and mamsa dahtu (fatty tissues). Vata dosha in the large intestine also aggravates and affects the pitta and kapha dosha causes inflammation, mucous accumulation and edema.
What are the different types of Ulcerative Colitis and their symptoms?
- Ulcerative Procititis: Bowel inflammation is limited to the rectum .It affects the small area. It accounts nearly 30% of all cases. It is associated with fewer complications.
- Proctosigmiditis: It affects the recto- sigmoid colon which adjacent to the rectum. Symptoms include bloody diarrhea, cramps and always urge to pass the stool.
- Left sided colitis: It involves the descending colon, which runs along the left side, Symptoms include loss of appetite, diarrhea, weight loss and severe pain in the left side of abdomen and bleeding.
- Pan-ulcerative colitis: It effects whole colon. Symptoms include diarrhea, several abdominal pain and extensive weight loss. It is associated with some serious complications.
What are the causes of Ulcerative colitis?
The exact cause of ulcerative colitis is not known. Causes may include:
- Immune system malfunction: When immune system tries to fight off on the virus or micro-organism an abnormal immune response cause the immune system to attack the digestive tract, too.
- Hereditary: People who have this disease in family, they are at high risk.
- Stress and Improper Diet: These two factors do not cause ulcerative colitis, these may aggravates the disease.
What are the Risk factors?
- Age: It can occurs at any age usually it can occur before 30 years or sometimes it does not occur after 60 years age.
- Race: If you are white, then you are at high risk of this disease. That's why it is more in U.S, England and northern Europe is rarely seen in Asia and South America.
What are the Sign and Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis?
- Abdominal pain and cramping.
- Diarrhea with bleeding.
- Loss of appetite.
- Weight loss.
- Increases abdominal sound.
- Mucous in the stool.
- Sharp rectal pain.
What are the possible complication of ulcerative colitis?
- Colon Cancer: The chances of this complication arise after eight or ten years of ulcerative colitis.
- Inflammation of joints (Arthritis).
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (It affects the vertebral joints)
- Anemia (Due to blood loss).
- Erythema nodosum (painful, red skin nodules).
- Sclerosing Cholangitis (Due to recurrent inflammation and infection of bile duct).
- Liver disorder (Liver cirrhosis).
- Jaundice (Yellowing of skin).
- Inflammation of eyes (Uveitis).
How to diagnose the ulcerative colitis?
- A complete blood count (anemia, platelet count).
- Renal function test (pre-renal failure)
- Liver function test (primary sclerosing cholangitis).
- Electrolytes studies (hypokalemia, hypomagnesium).
- C-reactive protein can be measured (to find the elevation, another indication of inflammation).
Herbal Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack for natural treatment of ulcerative colitis. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Vatsakadi churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal or you can boil the powder - 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Pitta balance - 1 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- Kutajaghana vati - 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meal.
1. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna (Terminalis Arjuna) tree bark, standardized extract is used to make this formulation.
Benefits: It acts as anti-oxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory. It is rich in minerals like calcium, copper, magnesium and zinc which helps in the proper functioning of the heart. It helps in reducing cholesterol level, hence helpful in controlling high blood pressure. It is a good astringent and expectorant. Regular use of Arjuna helps in maintaining heart health and balance the three energies of the body.It helps to control bleeding.
2. Vatsakadi Churna
This is a pure natural formulation which plays an important role to cure ulcerative colitis. It consists of kutaz (Holarrhena antidysentrica), Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgrea), Dhania (Coriandrum Sativum) Nagarmotha (Cyperus scariosus), Anar (Pomengrate), Chotti Elaichi (Cardamom), and Jaiphal (Myristica fragans) .
Benefits: It especially works on the intestines. Kutaz-it acts as a carmative, tonic, anti-periodicity. It has been used to relieving dysentery also. Bilva it helps in the relieving the digestive system disorders and symptoms due to vata disorders. Saunf: It has a phytoestrogens which helps in the digestion. Choti elaichi: It is also good for digestive system. It acts as mouth refresher. It also helpful in respiratory disorders. Jaiphal: It acts as a stimulant, analgesic and moreover it is the best ayurvedic herb for the digestive system.
3. Pitta Balance
It consists of Praval Pishti, Akik Pishti, Jahar mohra Pisti, kamdhandhu Ras, Mukti Pisti, Giloy satva (Tinospora Cordifolia).
Benefits: Our body consists of three energies vatta, Pitta and kapha according to Ayurveda. Pitta is responsible for digestion, as well as metabolism of the body. In this formulation there is a calcium compounds which helps in controlling bleeding and provides a cooling effect on the body. In this disease (ulcerative colitis) it is very important to balance the pitta as it is primarily, caused due to imbalance of pitta dosha in the body.
4. Khutazaghan Vati
It is formed from the purest extract of khutaz (Holarrhena antidysentrica) herb. It is a 100% pure extract. Diarrhea and Dysentery can be cured by Khutazaghan herbs. It is very useful in the functioning of the intestine.
Where to buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack?
To buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/ulcerative-colitis-care-pack.html.
If Ulcerative Colitis is in sever condition, one can opt for this pack – Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack for Advance Stages.
- Vatsakadi churna - 1 teaspoonful, twice daily.
- Pitta balance - 1 capsule, twice daily.
- Arjuna capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily.
- Vasaka capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily.
- Coolstrin-B capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily.
- Motion stop tablets - 2 tablets, twice daily.
- Coolstrin-A Capsules - 1 capsule, twice daily.
1. Vataskadi Churna
Vataskadi churna is a herbal formulation consists of various herbs. Vataskadi churna has a very important role in the cure of ulcerative colitis. It consists of herbs Kutaz (Holarrhena antidysentrica), Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgrea), Dhania (Coriandum satiyvm), Nagarmotha (Cyperus cariosus), Anar (Pomengrate), Chotti Elaichi (Cadramom) and Jaiphal (Myristica fragans).
Benefits: Vataskadi churna is the best herbal remedy for the digestive system. It helps in the proper digestion of food. It also helps in relieving the digestive system disorders like diarrhea, gas formation and irregular bowel movements. It acts as an analgesic and stimulant. It helps to improve the function of the immune system.
2. Pitta Balance
It helps to restore the balance of fire energy in the body. It consists of herbs Parval Pishti (Coral) Compound, Akik Pishti (Agate) Compound, Jawar Mohra Pishti Compound, Kamdhudha Ras Compound, Mukta Pishti (Pearl) Compound and Giloy Satva (Tinospora cordifolia).
Benefits: Our body consists of three energies Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Pitta Balance capsule helps to balance the aggravated pitta dosha in the body. It provides the cooling effect to the body. Pitta Balance helps to restore the balance of fire energy in the body leading to excellent results in ulcerative colitis.
3. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna capsules are made from the pure extracts of the Arjuna (Terminalis arjuna). The bark of the tree contains natural alkaloids, which are very useful to cure the ulcerative colitis.
Benefits: It helps to control the bleeding. It also helps to remove the blockage in the arteries. It acts as an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
4. Vasaka Capsules
The product is made using pure extract of vasaka (Adhatoda vasica).
Benefits: It helps to stop bleeding, as it is helpful to stop the rectal bleeding that occurs in ulcerative colitis. It also helps in case of intestinal worms.
5. Coolstrin–B Capsules
The product is a herbal preparation and 100% Vegetarian capsules. It consists of the following herbs as Naagkesar (Mesua fera), Mochrus (Salmalia malabarica), Lodhra (Symplocus racemosus), Dhataki (Woodfordia fruiticosa) and Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica).
Benefits: As ulcerative colitis is mainly a disease of pitta dosha. It helps to balance the pitta dosha and provides cooling effect to the body. It also helps to prevent bleeding and diarrhea.
6. Motion Stop Tablets
This product is the herbal preparation. It consists of the various herbs which are as Kutaj (Holarrhena antidysentrica), Bael (Aegle marmelos), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Anar (Punica grantum) and Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus).
Benefits: It helps to maintain the balance of vata and pitta doshas of the body. It acts as an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic. It also helps in the proper digestion. It is very effective in ulcerative colitis as it heals the ulcers and stop bleeding. It also helps to repair the damage of intestinal wall.
7. Coolstrin-A Capsules
The product is a herbal preparation. It consists of the herbs Sheesham (Dalbergia sisso), Vasaka (Adatodha vasica), Zandu (Tegetes erecta), Anar (Punica granatum) and Arjuna (Terminalis arjuna).
Benefits: It helps to stop bleeding and heal the ulcers. It supports the immune system.It acts as an anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-spasmodic and Adaptogenic. It helps to balance the three doshas of the body. It provides cooling effect to the body.
Where to buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack for Advance Stages?
To buy Ulcerative Colitis Care Pack for Advance Stages, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/ulcerative-colitis-care-pack-for-advance-stages.html.
Diet and Lifestyle
- Yoghurt: It boosts up immune-system.
- Avoid nuts: This fat content may worsen the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Juice: Juice of carrot, papaya, raw cabbage is very benefical.It helps to maintain gut flora.
- Coconut water: It soothes soft mucosa of the colon.
- Buttermilk: Drink buttermilk mixed with water daily.
- Avoid white sugar, white breads and products formed from white flour.
- Avoid tea, coffee, salty and spicy food.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Take complete rest and avoid stress.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids to clean bowel clean.
Planet Ayurveda provides appropriate ayurvedic treatment for various ailments. Our Objective is to take care of your health.