Slow, fast or irregular heart beat is normally related to our emotional behavior. Do you have any idea, what is irregular heart rhythm? Have your have seen anyone diagnosed with this problem? Irregular heart beat is the condition when heart is not able to pump blood efficiently which results in the irregular heart rhythm. Shortness of breath, chest pain, irregular pulse, heart palpitations and sweating are the symptoms associated with this problem. So don't take these symptoms lightly because it may lead to serious health complications like stroke, heart failure and Alzheimer's disease.
In Ayurveda, irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) falls under the category of hrdroga (heart diseases). There are three energies - vata, pitta and kapha in our body which helps to maintain a good health. Imbalance of any of three energies results in the health compications. Irregular heart rhythm is due to the imbalance of all three energies (vata, pitta and kapha).
- Imbalanced Vata dosha is responsible to cause the irregular heartbeats.
- Aggravated pitta dosha is responsible for increased heartbeat.
- Imbalacne in kapha dosha results in the slow heartbeat.
From Ayurvedic perspective to manage irregular heart rhythm, there are various herbs Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Ashwagandh (Withania somnifera) Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Pipal tvak ( Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamon tamala), Choti elaichi (Elettaria cardamom) present in Ayurveda which are packed with cardioprotective properties and helps to strength the heart muscles in a natural way. Though herbs take time to show their effects but they try to resolve the ailment from root.
What is Irregular Heart Rhythm?
Irregular heart beat means when your heart beats too fast, slow or irregular. It is also known as arrhythmia. Heart system has valves, nodes and chambers which control when blood should be pumped. So when there is the disruption in function of this system it results in change in pattern of heart beat.
Types of Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Tachycardia – Tachycardia means that when heart beat is too fast. Normally heart beats 60-100 times per minutes; where as in tachycardia heart beats faster than 100 beats per minutes.
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) – Atrial fibrillation is the most common arrhythmia. In this case heart beat gets increased up to 100- 200 beats per minute.
- Bradycardia - In this case heart beat is slow which less than 60 beats per minute.
- Ventricular fibrillation (VF) – Ventricular fibrillation is the type of irregular rhythm which can stop the beating of heart and may results in the cardiac arrest. It requires immediate doctor's consultation because it is life threatening.
What can be the Symptoms of Irregular Heart Rhythm?
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest pain.
- Irregular pulse.
- Heart palpitations.
- Pale color of skin.
Causes of Irregular Heart Rhythms
- Coronary heart diseases.
- Use of certain medications like amphetamines (stimulate brain) and beta blockers (reduce high blood pressure) which can cause the irregular heart beat rate.
- Illness or injury may results in the change in heart muscles.
- Heart abnormalities.
- High blood pressure.
- Imbalance of electrolytes (sodium and potassium) in the blood.
Herbal Formulations for Irregular Heart Rhythms
Planet Ayurveda has Heart Care Pack to manage irregular heart rhythms. This pack contains three products - TOTAL HEART SUPPORT, ARJUN TEA, and ARJUNA CAPSULES which are prepared from the pure extracts of herbs.
1. TOTAL HEART SUPPORT
Planet Ayurveda offers total Heart support capsules to resolve irregular heart rhythm. This herbal formulation for irregular heart rhythm is very useful and several patients are benefitted with this. It helps to provide strength to heart muscles. Total heart support is the combination of various herbs which are explained below along with their benefits:-
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is known be very effective herbs against the heart problems,. It offers cardioprotective properties and thus provides strength to heart muscles. Regular use of this herb helps to provide the relief in the heart problems.
- Ashwagandh (Withania somnifera) – Ashwagandha is quite useful to maintain the good cholesterol levels, optimum blood pressure and provides the strength to heart muscles. Thus Ashwagandha is an effective herb to manage the irregular heart rhythm.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – Brahmi has the great medicinal importance in ayurveda as it offers the overall health benefits. Brahmi is considered as an effective herb to manage symptoms of irregular heart rhythm and helps to maintain the overall good health.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) – Shankhpushi is also another important herb in ancient Ayurveda. It helps to manage anxiety and stress.
Dosage – One capsule two times daily with plain water.
2. ARJUN TEA
Arjun tea is a wonderful herbal formulation for irregular heart rhythm by planet Ayurveda. Regular consumption of this tea gives the positive results to manage the irregular heart rhythm. This herbal formulation is an amazing blend of various herbs which are given below:-
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) – Arjuna is known be very effective herbs against the heart problems. It offers cardioprotective properties and thus provides strength to heart muscles. Regular use of this herb helps to provide relief in the heart problems.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa) – Punarnava has the great medicinal importance from ancient times to manage the heart problems. Punarnava is packed with rejuvenating properties and helpful in relaxation of heart muscles.
- Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa) – Pipal tvak has the great importance in the Indian religion. It is also considered as effective herb to manage the irregular heart rhythm and strengthen heart muscle.
- Twak (Cinnamon tamala) – It helps maintain e optimum blood pressure levels, reduces the cholesterol levels and helps to strengthen heart muscles. Thus it is a very useful herb to manage the irregular heart rhythm.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamom) – It also helps to maintain the good heart health.
How to Use?
- Put one cup of water and 1 cup of milk in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of arjuna tea and then stir the mixture.
- Boil the mixture and simmer it on low heat. Boil until it reduces to one cup.
- Strain the tea and add sweetener if needed (drink without sugar).
3. ARJUNA CAPSULES
Herbal formulation for irregular heart rhythm is Arjuna capsules which are prepared from the pure extract of herb Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna).
Benefits - Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) is very effective herb to resolve the heart problems. It is helpful to decrease the LDL cholesterol and to increase the HDL cholesterol. Regular usage of this herb gives the satisfactory results in the irregular heart rhythm.
Dosage - One capsule two times daily with plain water.
Where to buy Heart Care Pack?
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/heart-care-pack.html
Why Should one go for Planet Ayurveda?
- All the products are 100% pure.
- Efficacy of the herbs is checked in the labs before making any herbal formulation.
- Products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch and any color.
- All the products are manufactured under the guidance of highly experienced MD Ayurveda doctors.
- Eat foods which are rich in fiber like brown rice, barley and oatmeal.
- Consume fruits and vegetables as they are low in calories.
- Avoid high fat foods and alcohol.