Chickenpox with another name, Varicella is a viral infection caused by varicella-zoster virus. A person hasn't been infected or vaccinated can get the disease. It's highly contagious but generally a non-serious and self-limiting infection, but it can be serious in case of babies, adults, and people with weak immune system.
Affects more commonly children between 5-10 years of age. This disease is characterized by itchy skin rash. It usually start appearing first on the chest, back, and face then spreads to the rest of the body, causing between 250 and 500 itchy blisters.
Chicken Pox in Ayurveda is known by name of Laghu Masurika.
Causes of Chickenpox
- Causative factor for Chickenpox infection is varicella-zoster virus (VZV). The virus usually incubates for 14 to 16 days before a rash appears, although incubation can last from 10 days to 21 days.
- VZV is communicable through direct skin-to-skin contact and via respiratory droplets (through coughing, sneezing) from the infected person.
- Person suffering from chickenpox remains contagious until all the blisters get dried and scabs have formed.
Ayurvedic View of Chickenpox
Ayurveda explains the cause of most skin rashes because of unbalanced Vata and Kapha which could happen due to faulty food habits as well as wrong lifestyle. Other factors like mental stress, anxiety & tension also take a toll on the body, especially the skin.
Symptoms of Chickenpox
Characteristic symptoms of chickenpox is red or pink rash that gets turned into itchy, fluid-filled blisters that eventually turn into scabs.
The rash may first appear on the face, chest, and back then spreading to the rest of the body, which includes inside the mouth, eyelids, or genital area. Usually all the blisters get converted to scabs about in one week.
Other typical symptoms appearing 1-2 days before rashes come into notification and that includes:
- Fever, tiredness,
- Loss of appetite,
- Fatigue and weakness
- Abdominal pain
Women if, exposed during pregnancy may bear children with birth defects, including: poor growth, small head size, intellectual disabilities and eye problems.
Anyone who got infected with chickenpox in the past may develop shingles which is a delayed complication of Chickenpox. Shingles appearance is due to infection of a nerve and the area of skin supplied by the nerve. It causes a rash and pain in a local band-like area along the affected nerve. It affects about1 in 5 people at some time in their lives. It can occur at any age, but it is most commonly in people over the age of 50.
The reason why shingles may occur is because the virus does not go completely after you have chickenpox.
Who are at Risk to get Infected by Chickenpox?
- Fetuses of non-immune pregnant women infected with VZV between weeks eight and 20 of their pregnancy or during the final two weeks of the pregnancy
- Adults residing with infected children
- Compromised immunity due any disease or medication in an individuals.
Herbal Remedies for Chickenpox by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of chickenpox. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Usage / Dosage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
1. ALOE VITALS
Aloe vitals capsules having standardized extract of Aloe Vera. It has properties of moisturizing the skin and hence maintain healthy skin. It is useful for the health and glow of the skin.
2. RADIANT SKIN HAIR NAIL FORMULA
This special formula consists of natural ingredients which provides the skin cell repair and growth as well provide firmness, smoothness and elasticity to skin. This formula naturally relieves skin problems such as eczema. It is helpful in keeping stronger and longer nails and as well it makes the hair strong and lustrous.
- Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia): Ayurvedic system of medicine has defined it as a valuable herb. With good actions on the outer skin. Excellently nourishes and replenish it in a beautiful way. Anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. It can also be used as an anti-helminthic. It is excellent blood purifier.
- Ghrit Kumari (Aloe Barbadensis): It is used for skin problems such as scars, pimples, dermatitis, minor wounds or burns etc. It provides cooling effect. Good in anti-oxidant properties too and thus helpful in elimination of toxins from the body.
- Pitt Papda: Manages different types of fevers, traditionally it was used as an appetizer.
- Chirata: It is useful in reducing fever, loss of appetite, skin diseases.
3. KUMKUMADI OIL
Kumkumadi oil of Planet Ayurveda is a blend of many herbal ingredients in it. Effective in removing facial wrinkles, pimples and scars.
Saffron is the main ingredient in it. Saffron clears and soften the skin and hence good for healthy skin.
Rakta Chandan (Pterocarpus Santalinus), Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza Glabra), Daruhaldi (Berberis Aristata), Ushira (Vetiveria Zizanioides), Padmaka (Prunus Puddum), Vat (Ficus Benghalensis), Kesar (Crocus Sativus), Pipal (Ficus Religiosa), Nagkesar (Mesua Ferrea), Til (Sesamum Indicum), Cow Milk, Dashmool Powder.
4. NEEM CAPSULES
Neem Capsules of Planet Ayurveda constitutes pure extract of Azadirachta Indica bark.
Neem (Azadirachta Indica): Ayurvedic name of this useful herb is 'Arishtha' means that relieves sickness. Seeds and roots of Neem having various medicinal properties which provide benefits for a wide range of ailments, like hemorrhoids, loss of appetite, diabetes to leprosy and other skin disorders.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html
Diet and Lifestyle
- Keeps your body hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- Always wear loose, light colored cotton clothes.
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet like Banana, Water melon, berries, guava Avoid citric fruits as they may cause itching.
- Eat curd, drink butter milk to cool the body.