Acne is one of a common skin problems. It usually occurs when the hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead cells of the skin.
Acne mostly appears on the face, chest, back, neck and shoulders as well. Effective treatments are generally available for more serious problem, but it can be persistent. While, the pimples and bumps heal slowly by its own. But it is seen, that when one begins to go away, then at the same time, other pimples crop up.
It is one of the most common problems among teenagers. Younger children are at higher risk of getting acne.
This skin problem may cause emotional stress and scar the skin as well. But it depends on its severity. So it is advisable to treat the condition as early as possible. Earlier treatment may lower the risk of getting any physical damage.
What are the Causes of Acne?
The common causes of this skin problem are listed below:
- The production of oil on the skin
- When the cells of the skin become dead.
- Clogged pores
- Bacteria are another main cause.
What are the Symptoms of Acne?
The symptoms of the acne depend on the severity of the condition and the common among them are listed below:
- Whiteheads or the closed plugged pores.
- Blackheads or open plugged pores.
- Small and red colored tender bumps on the affected area.
- Pimples with pus at their tips.
- Large painful lumps that are present beneath the skin surface.
- Presence of pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin, also known as cystic lesions.
Diagnosis of Acne
In most of the cases, this skin problem is easily diagnosed by a dermatologist or other health care provider. However, a doctor may ask some questions regarding your general health to ensure a proper diagnosis.
He may ask the following questions:
- About affected area or something about sensitive skin or eczema
- Other history of diseases that may affect the ability of the medications to handle the skin problem.
- Allergies to drugs.
- Whether you are using steroids for body building.
- About mood disorders or depression.
- About usage of contraceptives and something about your current or past pregnancy as well as breast feeding.
In rare cases, acne may mimic other similar skin disorders like rosacea. This information may also help a lot in diagnosing this skin problem.
When to call a doctor?
If you experience the following symptoms after using any non-prescriptive skin product, then it is time to call your doctor.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Swelling on the eyes as well as on the other parts such as face, lips and tongue.
- Feeling of Tightness of the throat.
Trigger factors for Acne
The following factors may worsen an existing acne problem:
Hormones such as Androgens pose a higher risk of getting acne at the stage of puberty in young boys and girls. The hormone causes the sebaceous gland to make more sebum and is well responsible for its enlargement.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy is another risk factor of acne. The use of oral contraceptives may also affect the production of sebum.
Medicines containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium in it, may also pose a risk factor for acne.
Diet also plays an important role in making the condition of acne worse. Foods such as dairy products and carbohydrate-rich foods like bread and chips are also responsible for acne. Chocolate is also known for making the condition of acne worse.
Stress is also a main factor that can make acne worse.
Herbal Remedies for Acne
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of acne (pimples). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Usage / Dosage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe Vitals
The Aloe vitals capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain standardized extract of Aloe vera in it. Aloe Vera, also known as Aloe barbadensis is a succulent plant. The leaves of this plant contain phytochemicals in it. The leaves are thick and green or grey green in color. The flowers are produced in summer. The product supports healthy skin.
2. Radiant skin hair nail formula
This product supports healthy skin, nails and hairs.
This product comprises: Rubia cordifolia - Manjishtha (extract), Fumaria officinalis - Pitt Papda (extract), Swertia chirata – Chiretta (extract) and Aloe barbadensis – Ghrit kumari (extract).
3. Kumkumadi oil
The Kumkumadi oil of Planet Ayurveda helps maintain healthy skin. It contains a blend of 16 ingredients in it. The main ingredient of this oil is saffron which is derived from the flower of Crocus sativus.
4. Neem capsules
Neem capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain standardized extract of Neem in it. Neem also known as Azadirachta indica, is a tree which is typically grown in tropical and semi-tropical region. It is a fast growing tree that can reach up to a height of 20 metres and even 40 metres (rarely).
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
To buy Skin Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html