It is also known as Dermatitis. It is the itchy condition in which the upper layer of skin (epidermis) get inflamed that leads to red rashes. It mostly affects 10-20 % of infants and about 3% of adults and children in U.S.
Types of Eczema
Modern science differentiates eczema into different types:
- Atopic Eczema: It is most common type of Eczema. It is also known as Atopic Dermatitis. It is caused due to allergic reactions. It mostly affects hands, feet, face and back of knees. It can occur at any age but usually begins from childhood.
- Contact Dermatitis: It is due to constant contact with allergen that may cause allergy.
- Seborrhoetic Eczema: Commonly it is known as Dandruff. It mainly affects scalp but often it affects eyebrows, sides of the nose and centre of chest.
- Xerotic Eczema: It is due to dryness of skin.
- Stasis Eczema: It is due to circulation problem such as blood pooling in veins of leg.
- Nummular Dermatitis: It affects men more than women. It causes red marks of coin shaped. It mostly appears on legs, forearms, lower back, hips and back of hands.
- Dyshidrotic Dermatitis: Severe itching on hands and feet may be the first symptom. Later on blister can appear and then scaly patches can appear.
In ayurveda, Eczema is known as Vicharchika. According to ayurveda, eczema is caused by vitiation of all three doshas- vata, pitta and kapha. Vitiation of pitta is the most common cause of vicharchika. Vitiation of skin occurs through imbalance between pitta and blood to produce eczema As per ayurveda, vicharchika (eczema) are classified into three different types:
- Vata dosha type: This type of eczema is produced due to the vitiation of the vata dosha. In this commonly dryness of skin is felt. Severe itching and pain is occurred in the affected area.
- Pitta dosha type: Vitiation dosha cause oozing from affected part. Burning and fever are also symptoms shown.
- Kapha dosha type: It is caused due to imbalance of the kapha. In this skin becomes thick with oozing and itching.
Symptoms of Eczema
Signs and symptoms of eczema may vary from person to person. It also look differ or affect different part of body from time to time. Symptoms may be mild, moderate or severe. The common symptoms are:
- Dry, sensitive skin
- Intense itching
- Scaly areas
- Oozing or crusting
- Recurring rashes
- Dark colored patches of skin
Causes of Eczema
The exact cause of eczema is unknown but it is may be due to the overactive response of body's immune system to an allergen can leads to skin diseases like eczema. The common causes of Eczema are:
- Genetic factor- Some types of genes are responsible for eczema for eg. Filaggrin.
- Family history- If any family member associated with any type of allergy or asthma.
- Environmental factors: There are some allergens present in environment like pollutants that may be responsible for eczema.
- Abnormal functioning of immune system.
- Temperature variation: Sometimes it may be due to exposure of different temperature i.e. too cold or too hot temperature.
Diagnosis and Tests
A doctor can diagnose eczema on the basis of following test and data:
- Physical examination: It helps to diagnose your skin.
- Family history: It helps to diagnose family history if there is any family member has allergy or asthma problem.
- Skin biopsy: In this test, remove small piece of skin that helps to diagnose the cause of dry or itchy skin.
- Allergic tests: It helps to provide information about any allergic disease.
Herbal Remedies for Eczema by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Skin Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of eczema. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Usage / Dosage
- Aloe Vitals - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi oil - Take 3-5ml of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin. In case of oily skin, kumkumadi oil can be avoided, but other supplements are safe for all skin types.
1. Aloe vitals
These are pure natural capsules obtained from pure standardized extract of Aloe vera (Aloe barbandensis).
- It helps to maintain healthy body and skin.
- It helps in treatment of eczema because it has anti-inflammatory action.
- It is helpful in healing process because of eczema rashes.
- It is used in many skin care products because it has rejuvenating property of skin that makes it shiny and strong.
- It promotes proliferation of new and healthy skin cells because it has vitamin C and E.
- It also enhances the immunity of body.
2. Radiant hair skin nail formula
It is natural product that consists of extracts of Manjistha (Rubia cardifolia), Pit papda (Fumaria officinalis), Chirata (Swertia chiretta) and Ghrit kumari (Aloe barbadensis).
- It helps to nourish the skin.
- It helps to grow longer, fuller lashes and healthier hairs.
- It helps to strengthen dry and brittle nails.
- It helps to treat various skin diseases including eczema naturally.
3. Neem Capsules
It is 100% natural product which is obtained from neem (Azadirachta indica) belongs to family Meliaceae. It is native to India and Indian subcontinent including Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri lanka.
- It helps to maintain healthy skin.
- It possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It has positive results on skin diseases like eczema, acne or psoriasis.
- It is helpful in maintaining vata dosha.
4. Kumkumadi oil
It is herbal oil which is made up of mixture of various herbs in different quantity.
These herbs are listed below:
- Rakta chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Manjistha (Rubia cardifolia)
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata)
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Padmaka (Prunus puddum)
- Vat (Ficus benghalensis)
- Kesar (Crocus sativus)
- Pipal (Ficus religiosa)
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Til (Sasamum indicum)
- Cow milk
- Dashmool powder
- It is best for skin management.
- It makes skin healthy and young.
- It removes skin blemishes, scars, wrinkles, marks and eye dark circles.
DIRECTION FOR USE - 10-15 drops of oil massage on affected area and leaves it for at least 15 minutes. For best results leave oil for whole night and wash it in morning.
Special instructions - Skin sensitivity may be tested before use of oil.
Where to buy Skin Care Pack?
If you want to buy Skin Care Pack, then please visit store.planetayurveda.com/skin-care-pack.html
This Skin Care Pack is solution to all type of skin problems like eczema. It is perfect mixture of different herbs that has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic action. Additionally, Neem has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitical properties which purifies blood by removing impurities. It has wonderful property that replaces damaged cells with healthy skin cells. The oil helps to nourish the skin reaching into every layer of skin.
Home Remedies for Eczema
There are some home remedies that may prevent skin disease like eczema. It may include:-
- Avoid wearing tight and scratchy clothing.
- Prevent dry skin by taking lukewarm not hot showers or baths.
- Avoid scratching the rashes.
- Avoid sweating that can causes irritation on rashes.