Ayurvedic Treatment of Allergies
Allergies generally occur when the immune system of our body's stops reacting to any foreign body. These foreign bodies can be found pollen, bee venom as well as pet dander. People with low immunity are prone to various types of allergies.
The immune system of our body produces antibodies, which protect us from foreign invaders that may cause allergic reactions.
The symptoms of the allergy depend on the type of foreign body responsible for it. Allergies may harm respiratory tract, skin, sinuses, nasal passages, and other parts of the body.
The reactions due to these allergens can range from mild to severe. Sometimes, allergies can trigger a life threatening reaction such as anaphylaxis.
Different types of Allergies along with their Symptoms
This type of allergy is also known as Hay fever.
The common symptoms of this allergy are listed below:
- Running nose.
- Itching on the nose, eyes as well as on the roof of the mouth.
- Conjunctivitis- Redness and swelling in the eyes.
As the name indicates, this type of allergy occurs due to food.
The symptoms are:
- Swelling in the lips, tongue as well as on the face
- Tingling mouth
- Throat swelling
Insect sting allergy:
This type of allergy occurs due to insect sting.
The symptoms of such type of allergy are listed below:
- Swelling on the sting site.
- Itching all over the body.
- Cough and chest tightness
- Wheezing or shortness of breath.
This type allergy occurs due to drugs or medications.
The symptoms are:
- Itching all over the skin.
- Rash as well as redness.
- Swelling on the face.
- Shortness of breath.
It is a type of skin allergy.
The symptoms are listed below:
- Flake or peel of skin
Causes of Allergies
When a person is exposed to any allergen, the antibodies produced by the immune system will release chemicals like histamine which in turn causes allergy symptoms.
Few more causes of allergies are well explained below:
- Airborne allergens: They may include Pollen, dust mites, animal dander and mold.
- Certain foods: Are tree nuts, wheat, soy, peanuts, fish, shellfish, eggs and milk.
- Insect stings: This type of allergy trigger include bee stings or wasp stings.
- Medicines: Medicines such as penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics may also cause allergy.
- Latex as well as some other substances may cause allergic skin reactions on touching.
Risk Factors of Allergy
Following are the risk factors that pose a person at higher risk of developing allergy:
- A person having a family history of asthma or other allergies is at higher risk of getting any type of allergy problem.
- Children are at higher risk of developing several allergies as compared to adults. But sometimes, they outgrow these allergies when they get older.
- If a person is suffering from asthma, then he is also at higher risk of getting such allergies.
- If a person is suffering from weak immune system, then they are at higher risk of getting such allergies.
Herbal Remedies for Allergies by Planet Ayurveda
Ayurveda says all the three doshas the pitta, vata and kapha are imbalanced. The disturbance leads to weakening of immunity which makes the body more prone to allergies.
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies in a form of pack named Allergy Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of allergies. These herbal remedies are prepared by using best quality of herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Tulsi Capsules: 2 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Praanrakshak Churna: 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Aller-G Care: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules: 2 Capsule, twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Tulsi Capsules
Tulsi or Holy Basil is an effective herb for viral flu, influenza, cough and immunological disorders like allergies and asthma. Tulsi capsules contain 100% standardized extract of herb Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum).
2. Praanrakshak Churna
It is a useful combination of anti-allergy herbs like Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum), Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), Vaasa (Adhatoda vasica), Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), and Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica) which shows anti-histaminic action. This combination gives excellent results in Asthma, Common Cough and other Allergies.
3. Aller-G Care
It is a classical combination of special anti-allergy herbs like Haridra (Curcuma longa), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). It is very effective for all types of allergy and also helps in Asthma, Sneezing, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Pollen allergy, Dust Allergy and all types of skin allergies.
4. Curcumin Capsules
These capsules contain turmeric which is anti-inflammatory and is very effective in allergies and skin diseases. Curcumin capsules contain 100% standardized herb extract of herb Haridra (Curcuma longa).
To buy Allergy Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/allergy-care-pack