Human body is set up with a biological clock which includes all activities related to body such as digestion, excretion, sleep, daily needs and other activities. Excretion is a process of elimination of waste products from body which is vital part of daily activity of body. Excretion is important body activity so that waste products wouldn't effect the other normal functions. Disturbance in excretion via intestines leads to problem known as Constipation. Constipation is a condition in which sewerage system of body does not work normally. Some people do not take it seriously but constipation is the cause of many other diseases. Management of constipation is necessary to keep healthy system of body.
It is very common gastric problem. Constipation is the inability to pass stools due to infrequent bowel movements. It makes defecation difficult and painful. Constipation is determined in large intestine which is the main area to move food, absorb water from intestine and pass stool to rectum through muscle contractions (squeezing motion).
According to Ayurveda there are many natural ways to prevent and manage the constipation. Herbs like amalaki, bhibhitaki, haritaki, punarnava, kalmegh etc are there. These herbs are also in the form of herbal formulations such as triphala capsules, kumaari saar by Planet Ayurveda.
As per Ayurveda, constipation is known as Vibandh. It is the inability to completely evacuate bowels or passing hard stools. It may be due to diet and lifestyle. According to Ayurveda, impaired vata dosha is responsible for digestive problems. The undigested food gets slowly accumulated in stomach and intestine that results in imbalance of vata dosha. When the digestive tract is not properly clean, then disturbance in bowel movement leads to constipation.
According to Ayurveda it is classified into different categories:
- Mridu Koshtha: Pitta dosha is involved. In this food is digested easily.
- Madhyam koshta: Kapha is involved. In this food is digested ordinarily
- Krura Koshtha: Vata doshas is involved. In this difficulty in digestion of food is seen. It is main reason of constipation.
CAUSES OF CONSTIPATION
Constipation is a common problem which may occur at any age due to many reasons.
Some of the common causes are given below:
- Weak digestive system.
- Low intake of fluids.
- Diet containing low fibers.
- Lack of exercise.
- Abuse of laxatives.
- Some medications like analgesics, anti-depressants.
- Some diseased conditions- metabolic and endocrine disorders, neurological disorders.
- Psychological factors like stress, anxiety, fear.
SYMPTOMS OF CONSTIPATION
Common signs and symptoms of constipation are given below:
- Pain during passing stool
- Bleeding during stools
- Abdominal pain
- Heaviness of body
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Dry and difficult bowel movement
- Feeling uncomfortable
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH CONSTIPATION
Most of the people take constipation lightly but it may get severe with time. Longer time constipation may be the reason of many severe diseases like piles, anal fissures, fecal impaction, and bowel perforation.
MANAGEMENT OF CONSTIPATION
Nowadays, Constipation is frustrating problem for everyone due to many reasons. Management of constipation is necessary with time. It can be done with the help of ayurvedic drugs, use of laxatives. Change in diet and lifestyle is also helpful in this condition. Laxatives are used to reduce constipation but it has many side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, electrolyte imbalance etc. so it is better to use natural supplements to prevent disease.
HOW AYURVEDA HELPS IN CONSTIPATION?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine system which helps to maintain the health issues. It is natural and holistic approach towards the health. It mainly uses natural herbs to support the disease management. Ayurveda mainly works on the principle of balance of tri energies level (vata, pitta and kapha). It follows the strategies to counter doshas and helps the bowel movement to get back into normal system.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Colon Cleanse Pack for ayurvedic treatment of constipation. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Triphala Capsules – 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Kumari Saar – 15-20 ml of the juice, to be diluted in a glass of water and taken two times per day. Once empty stomach in the morning and second dose in the evening at least 1-2 hrs before dinner.
- Yakrit Plihantak churna – 1 teaspoon twice daily with water.
1. TRIPHALA CAPSULES
It is pure natural herbal product which is made from the combination of three different herbs Amalaki (Emblica officianalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminali bellerica) and these are also known as Myrobalans. These capsules are used in various diseased conditions.
- It is useful to remove toxins from body due to its anti-oxidant property.
- It has positive effects on stomach related problems.
- It helps to eliminate waste products from body through urine and feces.
- It has laxative action on intestine.
2. KUMARI SAAR
It is extract of Aloe vera. It is helpful in various health diseases. It supports the healthy digestive system and maintains healthy metabolism. It balances all three doshas (vata, pitta and kapha).
3. YAKRIT PLIHANTAK CHURNA
It is a herbal powder offered by Planet Ayurveda which is effective formulation for constipation. It is the mixture of different herbs which are Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Kalmegh (Andrograhis paniculata), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao), Makoy (Solanum indicum) and Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa).
BENEFITS - It helps to relieve metabolism related problems. It removes toxins from body. It supports the healthy liver and spleen and their related problems.
Where to buy Colon Cleanse Pack?
To buy Colon Cleanse Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/colon-cleanse-pack.html
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
Constipation is mainly due to imbalanced diet and lifestyle. There are some suggestions for healthy diet and lifestyle which are given below:
- Increased intake of fibers especially fruits and vegetables.
- Increased intake of fluid approximately 7-8 glasses of water daily.
- Do regular walk or exercise.
- Eat whole grains and nuts.
- Avoid use of spicy and high protein rich food.
- Meat should be avoided.