10 Best Fruits of Spring and Summer Season for Boosting Immunity
The Apricot tree is a medium sized deciduous tree that grows in mountains in sloppy and well drained soils. It bears beautiful pinkish-white flowers and whole area gives a sense of heaven, during spring. The fruits are about 4-5 cm in diameter, weighing 35 g and yellow orange in color. The fruit is fleshy indehiscent with a single seed, crunchy and aromatic edible flesh. The fruit is available throughout year by drying in the sun. Fresh fruit is a rich source of vitamin C, fibers, beta carotene, calcium, iron, manganese, and zinc etc.
The Health Benefits of Apricots are:
- Anti-oxidant activity
- Prevent heart disease, reduce LDL
- Improves eye sight
- Regulate heart rate and blood pressure
- Improve immunity
Lime is a citrus fruit and finds an important place in our daily diet. It has very high nutritional value. It is rich in vitamin C and bears a sweet aroma. It is well described in Ayurveda and has a sacred place. Primarily lime is considered as a supplement for weight loose, refreshing body and mind and improving digestion.
The Other Health Benefits of Lime are:
- Treating scurvy: Deficiency of vitamin C in the body produces scurvy characterized by cold, symptoms, cracked lips and lip corner, oral ulcers. Adding lime in your diet keeps scurvy away.
- Combating microbial infections: Lime has antimicrobial activities and fever reducing properties.
- Healing peptic ulcer: The presence of flavonoids in lime makes it efficient in treating peptic or oral ulcers.
- Treating Congestion and nausea: The lime oil extracted from lime is used in the preparation of balm, vaporizer and inhalers. So, if you peel a lime and inhale it that brings immediate relief from congestion and nausea.
The Other Benefits of Lime are:
- Weight lose
- Skin care
- Dental carries, swollen gums and bleeding of gums
- Heart disease
Like an apple a day, an orange a day keeps diseases away. Oranges contain vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 folate, pantothenic, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, selenium and copper. Beside them, oranges also contain choline, zeaxanthin, and carotenoids. The significance of Choline is that it improves sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory, structure of cellular membranes, transmission of nerve impulses, and absorption of fat and effectively treats chronic inflammation. The Zeaxanthin and carotenoids show antioxidant effects and have contributed in the treatment of cancers like prostate cancer. The possible benefits you can get from oranges are
- Preventing Stroke: There are certain compounds present in the fruit, which can lower down the risk of ischemic stroke in woman
- Controls blood pressure
- Maintain health of the heart
- Skin care: It has capability to recover the skin damage caused by sun and pollution, reduces skin wrinkles and luster the skin texture. It supports collagen formation and rejuvenates the skin.
It is a tropical juicy fruit with vibrant tropical flavors and immense healthy benefits. It considerably contains calcium, potassium, fibers and vitamin C. It is a good source of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, copper and dietary food. The scientific studies reveal the presence of sulfur proteolytic enzyme called bromelain, which shows significant anti-inflammatory activities in treating acute sinusitis, sore throat, arthritis and gout.
The Potential Health Benefits are:
- Antioxidant and immune boosting
- Protection against macular degeneration
- Improving digestion
IThe tempting outlook and spectacular taste symbolized with love, passion and romance, strawberry do a favor to your health. It is rich in high nutritional value possessing vitamins, folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium. It is exclusively rich in vitamin C, thereby it is a potent antioxidant fruit.
The Delicious Fruit Serves a Handful of Health Benefited Nutrients like:
- Eye care: The presence of flavonoids, phenolic, phytochemicals, and elagic acid. These compounds effectively scavenge the free radicals and protect from the damages at cellular level like excessive dry eyes, macular degeneration, degeneration of the optical nerves, vision defects and increased susceptibility to infections.
- Boosting Immune system: Boost immune system by neutralizing free radicals causing heart disease and various cancers
- Healing Arthritis and Gout: Strawberry bears good amount of antioxidants and detoxifiers. Thus it effectively removes toxins and accumulated waste matters from the joints.
- Anti-Cancer: Vitamin-C, folate, and flavonoids like anthocyanin, quercetin and kaempferol are present in strawberries which possess excellent antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties. Such remarkable properties make them an excellent line of defense to fight cancer and tumor growth.
The Other Health Benefits of Strawberry are:
- Improving brain function
- High blood pressure
- Rejuvenating heart
It is a wonderful fruit which contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. It is rich in fibers, vitamins and anti-oxidants. The caloric value is 66 calories per 100 g of fruit. It is blessed with a natural mystical molecule oligonol.
The Mystic Oligonol
It is a low molecular weight polyphenol, which has anti-influenza virus action.
In Addition, it has Numerous Activities like:
- Improve blood flow in organs
- Reduce weight
- Protect skin from harmful UV rays
- Antioxidant: Excellent source of vitamin C, which helps in strengthening immune system of the body, inhibits the production of free radicals in the body.
- Rich source of B-complex vitamins: It is rich in vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, and folates. They act as cofactors and help in metabolizing carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Stroke and coronary heart disease prevention: Litchi is rich in minerals like potassium and copper. Potassium is a major component of our cell and body fluids which controls heart rate and blood pressure. Therefore, offers protection against stroke and coronary heart diseases. On the other hand, copper induces the production of red blood cells.
It has been designated as the ‘king of fruits’. They have very low saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. The other rich sources are dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin A and vitamin C and minerals like potassium, magnesium and copper. They are also the best sources of quercetin, beta carotene and astragalin. These are powerful antioxidants and effectively neutralize the free radicals throughout the body.
The Health Benefits of Mango are:
- Control blood pressure: They are rich in potassium, magnesium, selenium, calcium, iron and phosphorus. Mangoes are the powerhouse of vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin B6, A, C, E, and K, niacin, folate, thiamin and pantothenic acid. Such richness of minerals, vitamins assures the overall health benefits. Furthermore, the vitamin E boosts your sex life.
- Weight Gain: consuming mango can help you in gaining the weight, it has been estimated that 150 g of fruit contain 86 calories. The presence of starch aids in gaining weight. Consuming mango is essential to the people who wants to gain the weight.
- Aids Digestion: Mangoes effectively treat in indigestion and excess acidity. The presence of bioactive ingredients like esters, terpenes and aldehydes enhance the appetite and improve the digestive system.
- Tonic in Anemia & Pregnancy: Mangoes are rich in iron, therefore they are for anemic people. A regular but moderated intake of mangoes can help in increasing the red blood cell count in the body. The rich source of iron makes it more beneficial in pregnant woman.
- Acne treatment: Mangoes surprisingly, brings health related to your skin, it lightens the skin color, treats acne by opening the clogged pores of the skin.
- Boost Immunity: They are rich in beta-carotene, which is a powerful carotenoid. This molecule enhances the immune system of the body and resistant against bacteria and toxins.
It is also a fruit of high contents like vitamin, minerals, electrolytes, phytonutrients, carbohydrate, fiber, fat and protein, having no cholesterol or saturated fats. The fruit is rich in vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. The fruit is made up of soft, easily digestible flesh containing simple sugars like fructose and sucrose. Thereby, when fruit is eaten it rejuvenates, replenishes energy and revitalizes the body, instantly.
The Health Benefits of Jackfruit are:
- Strengthening immune system: It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, contains 13.8 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams. The presence of vitamin C contributes in the purification of our body by removing free radicals, which detoxify our body by removing Ama (toxins). Therefore, it help us in protecting from common diseases like cough, cold and flu and develop resistance against microbial invasions.
- High energy source: It is a quick energy booster as it contains high amount of carbohydrates and calorie. The fruit is easily digestible and contains a healthy amount of simple sugar like fructose and sucrose. The fruit has been characterized as “Slowly available glucose”, which means restrained release of glucose in our body resulting in the reduced glycemic index.
- Colon cancer and piles prevention: Jackfruit contains high amount of anti-oxidants that help in cleaning toxins from the colon and maintain proper healthy shape of colon. Thus, helps in reducing the risk of developing colon cancer. The high content of fibers help in preventing constipation thereby alleviate the symptoms of piles.
9. Honeydew Melon
It is a thick, juicy, sweet and fleshy fruit. The consumption of honeydew melon has its significance as it has very low calorie value, higher water and sugar content. So in hot summer season, it fills all craving for sweet and consuming the fruit in the form of salad delivers iron, vitamin B and essential nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium.
The Health Benefits of Honeydew Melon are:
- Skin care: it is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It induces collagen level in the skin, which gives youth and firmness to the skin.
- Control Blood pressure: The presence of potassium plays an important role in controlling blood pressure. Potassium is one of the most required ions by every cell of our body and honeydew melon is a natural way of potassium intake.
- Supplement for Babies: It is a good solution or supplementation for growing baby as it contains vitamin A, beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. They help in strong vision and smoothening of skin. The presence of calcium helps in strengthening enamel and bones. It also strengthens the immunity due to higher concentration of antioxidants
- Supplement for pregnant women: It is a rich source of folate, which promotes rapid cell division, supporting growth of the baby. Regular consumption of this fruit offer a substantial amount of antioxidants, nutrients and fiber, which strengthens the immunity to the mother along with fetus.
- Improves vision: The presence of good content of vitamin A helps in maintaining the eyesight. It also maintain health of the skin and mucous membranes and boosts the immunity.
It is a drupe fruit, very attractive and delicious. It is rich i10 Best Fruits of this Season for Boosting Immunityn vitamins, antioxidants, flavonoids, minerals and ions. Cherries are the natural sources of melatonin, a hormone which induces the sleep. The recent studies revealed that if someone drink one glass of cherry juice twice daily morning and evening have sound sleep. Thus, cherry in your diet keeps your mind fresh and active.
The Other Health Benefits of Cherries are:
- Rich source of Melatonin: It is a stable antioxidant, which acts as a soothing effects on the brain, calms down the nervous system and relieves from neurosis, insomnia and headache conditions.
- Control Heart rate and blood pressure: They are good source of zinc, iron, potassium, and manganese and good copper. These ions are helpful in regulating the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: The fruit possesses anti-inflammatory activity, which prevents coronary heart diseases.
- Exceptional source of vitamin C: The fruit is an exceptional source of vitamin C, which contributes in antioxidant activities, skin care and strengthening immunity.